Product of the Week #9

torek, april 23, 2013

Something different for the product of the week today, a simple homemade face mask that I've been using not just this week, but for a while. It requires three ingredients which I'm sure most have at home: 
  • a lemon 
  • honey  
  • baking soda

I just eyeball the amount needed, there really is no rule. It's simple, add some freshly squeezed lemon juice to the baking soda. It will fizz for a while and when that is over, I add a bit of honey and apply it on your face.  I mix all on my hand, so I can just apply it straight away and there is no extra mess with other pots or containers.

Because of the lemon juice, it does tingle from the start and for that reason I wouldn't recommend it to someone with very sensitive skin, because it could be too uncomfortable for them. I leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse it off. Of course, you can leave it on for less time, again there is no rule, however, I wouldn't leave it longer. 

Lemon juice makes your skin look brighter and fades marks, while baking soda exfoliates the skin. Honey is antibacterial and contains loads of nutrients, minerals and vitamins, leaving your skin moisturised and supple. It can be a bit drying without the honey, but you can skip any ingredient if you don't have it at hand. 

I started using this mask, when some blackheads appeared out of nowhere on my nose (I've never had them before in my life!) and this worked brilliantly. It removed them in the first go. It's an easy mask that anyone can whip out at home and works for every skin tone (except perhaps on very sensitive one). I did a post on other homemade recipes I'm using here.

Thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE