Rimmel Maxi Blush 003 Wild Card

nedelja, december 16, 2018


Sometime in the summer Rimmel launched a new line of blushes which are more than twice the size of their Lasting Finish ones and they are available in four shades, three are sold here in Slovenia. The other two are #004 Sweet Cheeks, a peach, and #006 Exposed, which is a very interesting neutral beige-dusty rose looking shade in the pan, but it swatches light pink on my skin tone.  


Texture: Compared to their old line of blushes, these are not as soft and are more tightly pressed. There is some kick-up and the texture could be a bit silkier, but I have such a dark shade that any texture is very unforgiving if you don't spend extra time blending it. My shade blends ok for such a deep shade, nothing out of the usual and the finish is matte.


Shade: Wild Card is a muted deep peachy-pink shade which on my cheeks looks like a strong warm pink. It's the deepest shade out of the three we have here and I need to be very careful with it because it's too much almost with one swipe. If you have a deeper skin tone than me, this will work great on you. I use my fluffiest brush with this, so I don't overdo it.


Staying power: The pigment in this blush is strong, meaning it can hold on longer than most blushes. It can last all day provided the base is good.

Packaging: The pan of this is larger than usual blushes and much larger than their Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blushes. It contains 9g, a big upgrade to the previous 4 g. The packaging is their classic plastics one that closes firmly.

Price and availability: These are sold in DM for 9.49 €.


I can't say they are as nice as Catrice's or L'Oreal's blushes, but they are still great for a drugstore offering. The shade range is rather small, but it contains interesting shades that aren't just your basic pinks and peachy-pinks. I'm interested in shade Exposed, so I might get it one day.

Have a great day!

*PR product

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. These are a bit too expensive for a drugstore item. Although, to be honest, drugstore brands have really stepped up their game over the last few years.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'm with you about the price. It's too much for drugstore, even though you get a lot in the pan.

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE