L.O.V. The Galaxy Eyeshadow & Liners

torek, maj 28, 2019


I'm a big fan of L.O.V.s Magnetic Eyeshadow formula, well the one shade I have, so when I saw these new ones on their website they peaked my interest, especially since the shades looked so pretty. Unfortunately these don't have that lovely texture Magnetic eyeshadows have, instead they are creamy eyeshadows. Six shades of these exist, I have five, while the extra shade is 550 Platinum Radiance


Texture: These are creamy eyeshadows with a glitter finish. In terms of texture they are like Maybelline's Colour Tattoos, so creamy with a firm formula. Pigmentation is a mixed bag at these.  The palest three 500, 510 and 520 have a sheer base and even if I try to build them up, I never get more than a gentle touch of colour. They are more about the glittery finish, so  I would classify them as toppers to add on top of other shades. Shade 530 Magenta Shimmer is by far the best performing shade in this bunch. It's very pigmented, applies nicely and has red shimmer that is less obvious than at other shades. 540 Dazzling Emerald is a nightmare shade. I love the colour, these type of shades are some of my favourite, but I can't apply this evenly. The more I try to build it up, the more sheer patches appear. I have exactly the same problem with their other formula in a similar shade THE Glacious Stylo Eyeshadow 910 Bronze Leaf, meaning L.O.V. does not know how to make such shades work. LOV named these eyeshadow and liner type of product, but I don't see these working as liners, except maybe Magenta Shimmer.

Shades:

500 Rosé exposed - a pale pink with silver glitter. Sheer pigmentation, but nice glittery finish.


510 Precious copper - a pale orange/copper with gold glitter. Sheer pigmentation, but nice glittery finish.


520 Champagne sparks - a champagne beige gold with gold shimmer. Sheer pigmentation, but again nice glittery finish. This shade is  very similar to Essence's Metal Chrome eyeshadow 02 Ironic.


530 Magenta shimmer - a deep reddish-purple-brown with purple shimmer. A top performer and the only shade I think is really worth getting.


540 Dazzling emerald - a shade between old gold and forest green with gold shimmer. Fully opaque, but impossible to apply evenly.


Staying power: These crease on me during the day, though the shimmer doesn't travel much. 500, 510 and 520 are sheer shades, so they perform ok in this department. 530 Magenta Shimmer fades to a tamer version through the day, while 540 is a lost cause all together, since the patchiness only worsens. 


Packaging: These come in glass pots with a pretty rose gold lid. These is not extra protection foil and because of that 540 arrived in a poor condition. The eyeshadow shrunk inside the pot and became detached, so it fell out and I had to press it back in. 

Price and availability: These cost 9.99 € and are available on Ličila.si (Pink Panda) and Kosmetic4less.de


As gorgeous as they are I wanted more from these. Only Magenta Shimmer is an impressive shade, while the lightest three should be more pigmented, but if you want a sheer shimmery shade, these will do fine. The 540 Dazzle Emerald is too hard to work with which is a shame because I like the shade. When it comes to glitter L.O.V.s Glitter Unexpected palette is better than these, but the shade range is not as nicely neutral.  

Have a great day!

*PR products.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. These seem great! I´ve been looking for something similar the last couple of weeks, but I can´t bring myself to spend 30$ on one! These look perfect and I´ll totally try them out! Thanks so much for the post!

    https://jasmingrant.blogspot.com/

    Jasmin

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Odtenki so res čudoviti <3 Se bom pa raje držala mojih Colourpop Super Shock senčil. Zaenkrat mi ta dobro služijo kot bleščičast topper. Jaz bi imela take bleščice v kakšni tekoči verziji oz. kar kot korektorje na sponge applicator ali brush, bi bilo super :D.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Bolj so lepi za pogledat kot za uporabljat. Jaz imam raje več pigmentiranosti in mi je škoda, da niso isti kot Njihovi Eyettraction Magnetic Eyeshadows. Ja, s kakšnim aplikatorjem bi bilo boljše :)

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE