K-Beauty and Other Asian Skin Care Favourites

ponedeljek, december 16, 2019


My current favourite affordable oil cleanser. It's got a nice rich oil texture which emulsifies into a thick emulsion that removes all makeup, though (the only minus I can say) it can't quite handle every waterproof mascara (Essence's are so stubborn). It doesn't irritate my eyes or make my vision foggy, there's no annoying scent, it washes off completely leaving no filter behind and unlike a lot of oils it doesn't break me out. One pump is enough for my face, so I use it much less than Biobaza I used before and it's also cheapest per ml from the oils that suit me. If I didn't have to order online it'd be perfect, though it doesn't take that long to arrive from Japan.  


I know that it's probably not the best thing to use a harsh scrub and to be fair I use it maybe once a month, but it's the only thing that makes my skin smooth, soft and feel like new, since no amount of AHAs or other products does it for me. It's a densely packed sugar scrub and if your skin is just a bit sensitive, do not try this (honey version is much less intense), but on me it gets rid of bumpy, uneven feeling texture. This also functions as a mask that you leave on for 10 minutes, though I never use it that way. I'm on my second pot and I have the honey version too.

Some swear by this and say it's one of the best blackhead products, but I've never seen any effect on mine, however, I use this because my skin then behaves much better and it's clear. It contains BHA meaning it clears out the pores and helps with spots too, but it's relatively weak. Since it's a light liquid it's easy to layer and to include in the routine. 


I've been using this every day for two-ish years. I fell in love with it through samples - one of big pluses of K-Beauty, there's almost always samples. It's the product that I noticed the biggest visible difference when I started using it, not a massive visible difference, but this improved my skin in general, as before most foundations looked odd on me and since I started using it my skin is smoother and makeup applies nicer. There's a bit of brightening/evening the skin tone and the skin texture looks more refined, but it's more about how my skin acts since I started using it.

There's was this amazing Banila product called Miss Flower & Mr. Honey Essence Oil that suited my skin so well, but it was discontinued a while ago. This is the replacement I found, though the bottle is so small for the price (15 ml for about 9$+). Propolis gives my skin a healthy glow and keeps it in check. I actually found (though samples) Tosowoong Propolis Sparkle Ampoule works very similarly for me and you get much more product for the price. 


Another product that I use every day, morning and night. It's a toner-like lotion that absorbs fast and feels very hydrating. It contains ceramides, Job's Tears extract, 3 types of hyaluronic acid, collagen and amino acids. The bottle is huge with 500 ml and I've had it for so long. It can be used all over the body, I often use it on my hands when I don't want the greasy feeling of a hand cream.

I only had the small size of this and if my skin line-up weren't so big, I'd buy it in a heartbeat even though it doesn't boast with the same fancy ingredients as my other products. It feels so lovely and it's definitely one of the nicest toners I've ever tried. It reminds me a lot of Hada Labo lotion in terms of texture (another amazing product worth the purchase, but it breaks me out. We now have a version of it in Slovenia), which means it's a rich toner-meets-serum consistency. It feels so comforting and lovely on the skin, it's just great stuff. The smells is also amazing, like oranges and it became one of my favourite scents of skincare. It contains hydrolysed collagen and adansonia digitata fruit extract, but that's about it.


This is so far my favourite moisturiser. It has niacinamide on 4th place among the ingredients (2%) and there's 10% glycerin, but lower on the list it also boasts with hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, olive oil, sunflower oil, centella asiatica, argan oil, ceramides, honey, ginseng and some other extracts. It's got rich texture that's more like a gel, or gel-cream and takes some time to absorb, so I prefer to use it as a part of my night routine, though it can work under makeup too. There's an extra spoon added, so you don't have to scoop it out with fingers. 

My morning moisturiser because it's lighter and absorbs faster than Dynasty Cream, so I can put over a sunscreen and makeup fast. Apart from ceramides it contains camelia oil, hyaluronic acid, niacinamide and plenty other extracts, though they are lower on the list. The packaging is very big with a generous 130 ml. 

My skin loves this, but it's better suited for me in the summer because it's one of those gel-cream textures despite being called a sleeping mask. In a thin application works like a moisturiser for oily-combination skin, but in a thick coat it creates an layer of moisture on the skin that lasts until morning. It's great for under the makeup and I used up two pots of these, but I haven't repurchase it recently because I have so much of Holika. This one also has niacinamide, as well as allantoin, several extracts (bamboo, jasmine, apple, blackberry,…) and even a peptide, but it's the last on the list. Unlike the other two moisturisers this one is scented and quite strongly, it smells like clean-laundry. 


I got this recently and I'm very impressed by it. I had my eye on it for a while because this is so praised and reviews are right - this is really good. It doesn't feel super thick like I would expect, but it sticks on the lips until the morning and it leaves them properly nourished. The extra silicone spatula is a great help during application and the formula has a nice gentle berry scent. In a thick coat it also has a glossy shine, which looks so good I wear it during the day too. This now exists in several versions (berry is the original): vanilla, grapefruit, apple lime, mint choco.


Note: this is the 2015 version and it has since gone through a formula change, but I hear it's similar. This the lightest sunscreen I found, it doesn't feel like a regular sun cream at all. It's a liquid lotion that's easy to apply in large quantities and has zero white cast. Initially it feels like a watery cream on the skin, but after about five minutes it's completely set to a velvety primer type finish. You can feel it on the skin when you touch it, but it's a very silicone-y dry feel. It's an excellent base for makeup and it managed to protect me well despite spending hours in the sun working. I heard a lot of people say that it reeks of alcohol, but I don't notice it that much and I mostly get a nice lemon biscuit type of scent. I've tried the gel version as well and it feels the same to me, though people with oily skin tend to prefer that one. 

I also recently has a chance to try Missha's Aqua Sun Gel SPF50 version and it's really good too.

SHEET MASKS


These are my favourite sheet masks, especially the whitening version which truly brightens. They are intensely nourishing, they improve the general condition of the skin, perk it up, make it feel smoother, softer and more even. Rose Gold looks gorgeous with the gold mesh design and all smell fantastic like honey. They aren't the cheapest if you're buying just one on eBay, but in a pack the price for one is more reasonable. 

I still have these in the limited edition packaging from a while ago (I bought a pack and haven't run out yet), while the regular packaging is white with grapefruits. This has the most comfortable essence I've ever tried. In terms of what it does, it's pretty much just intense moisturising, but the essence makes it such a luxurious experience. It also smells fantastic like grapefruits.

Both of these are fantastic formulas of sheet masks, they feel like your skin was drenched in moisture and nourishing ingredients. They are quite similar, as both have a creamy essence and a thin comfortable sheet, so they are a delight to use. I use Madecassoside when my skin is very dry because it's very nourishing, soothing and it also evens my skin (without a brightening effect, it just takes down any redness). It's actually the same as The Face Shop's The Solution Madecassoside. Snail is my sheet mask when I need repairing, especially if I suffered a sunburn or have an inflamed spot - it just works for me. From this line I also like Ceramide and Manuka Honey, but dislike Hyaluronic Acid and feel indifferent towards Collagen and Pearl.

This is the second most brightening formula after Papa Recipe. The essence is lighter and more toner-like than the masks I've mentioned above, but it does the job of hydrating excellently and it acts as a sort of a reset button for my skin, so whenever my skin just doesn't look right, I use this. The Face Shop The Solution mask Pearl is very similar.

I actually really like more of these: ceramide, propolis, vitamin C and hyaluronic acid, but these two are my favourite. Apart from formulas, I also love that they fit me perfectly in terms of size of the sheet. They are also super thin and feel great on the face. Madecassoside is exactly the same as Etude House, so very nourish and soothing and Peal is the same as My Beauty Diary Black Pearl, so brightening .

These are the only thing I found that do at least a little bit of something to help heal a spot. They work especially well on those brewing volcanoes where you know the spot will turn white and you can't pop it because it'll become infected, making your life miserable for several days +leave a pretty much permanent mark forever. Those type of spots are the ones I get on the chin and this patch can make them smaller up to 90% overnight and it completely disappears in the next days with the help of other COSRX products (BHA and whitehead liquid). But there were some other times when these don't do much of a difference and those are the obnoxious spots on my cheeks. There are 24 patches of varying sizes in one pack.

Adjusting Beauty made her post recently if you're interested in more recommendations.

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. COSRX Blackead Power Liquid in Laneige Lip maska gresta na wishlisto. Sicer od COSRX bi itak vse preizkusila in še vsak tester, ki sem ga preizkusila je bil super.

    Etude House Collagen sem tudi imela testerje, ampak se žal ne spomnim kako so mi bili všeč. Včasih sem več kupovala na Jolse in tam dobivala take mešane testerje, zdaj pa na Ebayju več ne dobim. Škoda.

    Super objava in še več takih v prihodnosti, da mi daš kakšne ideje za nove izdelke :). Hvala za delitev <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Blackhead vedno začnem uporabljat, ko moja koža ni ok. Nanj se lahko zanesem. Laneige pa presenetljivo veliko uporabljam tudi čez dan, pa prej sploh nisem uporabljala label. Mi je krasen za nosit.

      Jaz pa še dobim testerje pri eBay nakupih. Čeprav začne čase so skoz eni in isto od Purito.

      Hvala <3 Ni za kaj :)

      Izbriši
  2. Thx for this great Blogpost! I dont´t know this products but now im interessted!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE