New in: #93

sobota, junij 20, 2020


TREND IT UP Ultra Matte Lipstick
400
I found both the 400 lipliner and lipstick in the bins for discontinued stuff in my local DM, so both shades are not a part of the permanent selection anymore, but formulas are. I've never tried a Trend it Up lipstick until now, actually I haven't tried anything apart from one of their blushes. 400 is a type of colour I wear most in recent years, a light-medium muted natural pink shade that’s like a pinker version of L'Oreal's Colour Riche 06 No Hesitation. Formula is nice enough, while I don't find it as lovely as Catrice Demi Matt, L'Oreal's or Bourjois' Velvet Rouge The Lipstick, there's also nothing that bothers me. It applies smoothly, but it needs an extra layer for full pigmentation and it’s not matte, instead it’s satin-creamy, which at least makes it more comfortable on the lip and it doesn't feel drying. However, staying power is not particularly impressive. 

DM, 0.99 €


TREND IT UP Contour & Glide Lipliner
400
Like I said above this shade is discontinued too, but it can't have been long ago, since there were a few in the discontinued bins. Formula is smooth and creamy so it can be applied all over the lips with no problems, yet it's thick and waxy enough to be precise. It feels like a layer on the lips and it can't just be wiped off right after application. It sticks to the skin and needs a remover, however, for some reason staying power isn't quite as good as I would expect based on that and it doesn’t survive eating. Shade is something new in my collection and one of my new favourites. It's a great light-medium natural pinky- peachy shade. 

DM, 0.99 €


TREND IT UP Ultra Matte Lipstick
420
After buying 400 I went to check the permanent shade and this one looked intriguing. I saw it in some post compared to Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk, though it's not a dupe, just similar and that comparison was made on a darker skin tone than mine. On my lips it doesn't look as nice as it did on the back of my hand. It's a medium rosy-brown shade that's quite peachy on me. This might look a lot better on darker skin tones than mine. Formula is the same as at 400.   
DM, 2.29 € 

CATRICE Demi Matt Lipstick
010 Warm Sandstone
I have shade 100 and this is one of the best formulas I've ever tried, so I've been wanting to expand my collection for a while - one problem: most of the shades are not best for my skin tone. Still I was thinking about trying either 010 or 030 if they look wearable for me and I picked the first since it's lighter, though both are similar in depth. 010 is more brown on me than on swatches I've seen - to be fair I kind of expected that it won't look such a beautiful beige nude as on others. It's a light-medium natural brown-rosy shade, darker and leaning more to brown than my similar shades such as L'Oreal's No Hesitation. Trend it up 420 is most similar (ironically I bought them at the same time), but Demi Matte is more intense, more peachy and brown. I hope Catrice adds a lot more shades to this formula because it's so good and I'd love to have some more wearable shades.
DM, 4.19 €



TREND IT UP Under Eye Brightening & Base
I bought this after seeing it on DM's website and I imagined it completely differently. I thought this is going to be a product like Touche Eclat or L'Oreal Magic Lumi Highlighter pen (which I loved because it worked, yet I never repurchased), but it's something completely new. It's a sheer blue shade or better said a liquid highlighter with a transparent blue base and tiny blue shimmer. When I apply this under my eyes on its own, I look like a zombie because it turns my red circles into purple plus it’s shimmery, so this is a strange one, though on the area around the circles does kind of illuminated. I’ve tried this in a way where I wear it just under one eye to compare it with the one without and did it twice with each of the eyes because I have stronger redness under one. I felt it worked on the eye where I have less redness, but then I tried it on the other one and I saw that it was just the foundation doing its job, so this is not really doing a difference. It's also meant to work as a base, but it's not silicone based, so it doesn't assist the concealer to apply more smoothly nor does it hide any lines. Maybe it helps it last longer, but I wear glasses, so anything under my eyes is doomed to fail even with powder over it. I wonder why it’s blue, as circles tend to be purple, blue or red and I've seen more orange neutralizing concealers, though L'Oreal has their range of blue tinted products for brightening. 
DM, 3.99 €

TREND IT UP 10 in 1 Nail Wonder
I haven't bought a clear nail polish in so long. This one promises to do everything apart do your laundry. It works as a base coat, as a nail hardener, refresher of colour, colour sealer, fast dryer, ridge filler, anti-split coat, UV protection, top coat and shine coat - I mean a lot of these are such Captain Obvious things, just like any 10 in 1 lists companies try to make by stretching the truth. I just bought because it has 5 stars on meindm.at. It takes hours to properly dry. It's rubbery for a long time and if it weren't clear, this would look like a mess. So this is no fast drying polish and it bothers me. However, it took 11 days for it to chip and even then it wasn't bad. However, it got that yellow tint like all nail polishes do on me, which I hoped might not happen because it's slightly tinted blue.
DM, 2.29 €


*ORIFLAME The One Tremendous Fierce Mascara
Normally I'm not terribly excited when a regular mascara lands in my mail box, but since I loved the first Tremendous mascara, which is my of my all-time favourites, I was looking forward to trying this one. First impressions based on one use: same multiplying effect as the first Tremendous formula, so the larger and differently shaped brush brings nothing new to the table, but it creates exactly the result I like - the look of many lashes that look like your natural lashes have a lot of volume. However, unlike the first one this one drops my lashes more. It's not as tragic as it can be, but Tremendous is better in that respect. I hope it gets better when it dries a bit, I think it is improving day by day, but for now extra wetness compared to the original is dropping my lashes more. 
Oriflame, current catalogue 7.99 €, regular price 15.90 €


*ORIFLAME Optimals Insta-Cool Anti-Fatigue Hydro Gel Cooling Face Patches
I was so happy to see this has niacinamide high on the list (ingredients here), plus it has hyaluronic acid quite high too. These are like the name says hydrogel patches for under the eyes (or elsewhere if you wish) and due to ingredients I rate these very high, but I also liked the hydrogel itself. It's a the perfect thickness, there's also enough formula, which it's not so slimy that the patches would slide down the face and there's no scent. I have never seen any visible result from any of these patches, but my circles are not puffy and that redness I have since forever is more due to how thin my skin is there, so it can't be fixed with such products, but they felt nicely refreshing under the eyes. These are very likeable. 
Oriflame, current catalogue 2.29 €, regular price 4.50 €


CV Pink Glow Serum & Primer
This is one of the newest CV products, which I have to praise for their improved new formulas, at least some of them. It caught my eye because it has vitamin C third on the list, though it's not ascorbic acid, it's 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid and percentage is not stated. There also hyaluronic acid high on the list, which did concern me a bit, since products with a lot of it break me out - it sucks, since it's such an important ingredient, still took a risk anyway and it looks like it's not going to cause me much problems. It's also meant to work as a primer, but it's not a silicone-based one, instead it has glycerine as the main ingredient, so it's similar to Catrice's  Glow & Care Primer. Serum is tinted pink and contains tiny silver shimmer, so I assumed this is going to be very similar to Catrice's primer which is a passable dupe for Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter (in my opinion. The size of shimmer differs, so I expect some will disagree), however, shimmer is super subtle. I can't really say I notice any extra glow on my face, at least on me since my natural radiance returned to my skin after almost eliminating The Ordinary products from my routine, but when I was trying it on hands, I noticed that the one I applied this on had this very subtle, natural radiance to it with no shimmer particles, so maybe if you have a dull complexion, this effect might be more visible on you. Formula is light, but kind of slimmy-feeling when I’m applying it and it almost emulsifies, similar to Revolution Salicylic Acid 2%. It doesn't absorb completely and stays a bit tacky on the skin - this might assist the foundation and other makeup to stick on better, but I haven't spotted a difference, since makeup tends to last ok on me anyway. CV also recommends to mix this with a foundation for extra radiance, but like I said this is not very highlightery and if you want such a product try Catrice instead (or for more glow any of the liquid highlighters: Oriflame IlluSkin, L'Oreal Mon Amour and Wet n Wild MegaGlo Hello Halo). I got it because of vitamin C, even though it's not ascorbic acid, but at least at this one there's not obnoxious scent on my hands the other day like at strong L-AA formulas such as TO 23%. This is scented, but faintly and it's a bit of an odd one that I don't quite like, but it's not terrible. 
Müller, 6.99 €


I got two more of these, since they were finally in stock. I've written a rave review, saying it's has the same results as Asian brightening mask, so it evens out the skin and just makes it look healthier. Ingredients are lovely since it has niacinamide high on the list, along with camelia extract, hyaluronic acid, glycolic and malic acid. 
Müller, 2.95 €


CV Rose Quartz Facial Roller
Getting one of these has been on my mind for a while, though I was perfectly content to do facial massages just with fingers and this is honestly just a luxury item for me. I was planning on getting one much cheaper online, but currently I'm not too keen ordering online outside EU since everything takes ages, so I was surprised to see one of these in Müller. It's was out of my designated budget, but convenience won this time. I've never held one of these to compare them, but I can say this one feels well made. The rolling is smooth, there's no squeaking and nothing is loose, though I feel like if this falls there is a chance it will break, so it best to be careful. CV added a guide how to do a massage in the back, though I'm used to is slightly differently myself. I'm not sure what if any results to expect from this, I'm never puffy too see a difference from a facial massage, but I do it for lymphatic drainage and honestly, whether I used this or not, I see nothing different in my skin, still I use it daily if I remember. I use mostly Nuxe oil with this and do a 10-15 minute massage. I'm very skinny, this doesn't feel amazing when it touches bones, which is almost everywhere for me and actually I like the basic massage with hands more. The box this comes in is great, nicely padded and easy to open, so I keep this in it. 
Müller, 15.99 €


BALEA Milder Reinigungs Schaum
I was never a fan of these types of mousses, but I got this to replace Balea's Waschgel. I love the latter and have been using for years now, but I had this dry, rough area on the sides of my nose that persisted despite my skin care oriented towards dry skin type, so I thought I might try replacing the cleanser with something suitable for such skin (this area also appeared only after they changed the Washchgel formula, which perhaps now might not be pH neutral, but I'm just speculating). The foam is surprisingly not crappy, I'm used to these being so watery, but this one is nicely fluffy and a bit more substantial than usual, though it's not as lovely as Balea's shower mousse from example. The smell is like Nivea and strong. I've been using this for a month and that area has now significantly improved. This might be my permanent replacement for Waschgel.
DM, 1.99 €

NIVEA Refreshing Shower Fresh Blends
Apricot, Mango, Rice Milk
These are new and there are three versions, aside from this one a pink one with raspberry, blueberry & almond milk, and a green one with watermelon, mint & coconut milk. I was of course drawn to the apricot mango combination, since both of those are some of my favourite scents, but this is not exactly what I imagined. I mean maybe there is some in the mix, but this smells exactly like Multi Sola, the orange drink with different fruit, which is a Slovene thing or possibly partly in the Balkans too, but I think every country has something like it, it's that bright orange fruity sweet beverage. Formula is thin, which is strange for Nivea which tends to have more rich formulas. Still it does what it should. To me it's important that it smells nice and that's it, and if I'd known it smells like Multisola, I'd get Nivea's Apricot shower gel instead.  
DM, 4.49 €


YVES ROCHER Monoi Eau des Vahines
Eau the Toilette
All YR product were bought online, so these were blind scent purchases, though we have a shop. I fell in love with the scent of Catrice's Sungasm Face Mist, so I went on a hunt to find a fragrance just like it. A few years ago such scents were everywhere from Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess (now the brand was removed from my local Müller, plus BG fragrances tend to be LEs), Guerlain Terracotta (on my wishlist since forever and now I can't find it anywhere), Lolita Lempicka L'Aime (apparently also discontinued), The Body Shop Kahaia and Polynesian Island Tiara (both discontinued), but Yves Rocher is the only option that's available all year round and is not a LE (aside from Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse, which I already know is not the same scent as Catrice's mist, but I'll get it anyway because it's so good). I had the shimmery oil years ago, whose scent my friend described as grandma-ish. I forgot it wasn’t that amazing the first time round and I thought there was some coconut in this on me. First spray was a disappointment. It just reminded me of that dry oil that later struggled to use up. There's zero coconut in this, it's a floral fragrance with lots of tiare flower and the only other note I get is ylang-ylang, but zero vanilla or coconut which are mentioned among the notes. It's a very "oily" smelling scent, it instantly reminds me of a suntanning oil, while I'd prefer something more creamy, suntanning lotion-like with more coconut. It's quite synthetic at times and sharp, I feel it needs something to make it more creamy, because now it smells dated to me, memories of the scent of beaches from the past and not now. It's closest to the original Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse scent, yet that one is so much better than this, softer, more rounded and smells more modern to my nose. YR is still instantly recognizable as a beachy scent and they have a separate coconut fragrance which could be combined with this, though I found it synthetic smelling and BBW does much better coconut scents. Staying power is poor, it can last maybe a couple of hours on the skin, so I mist it on my hair and clothes.   
Yves Rocher, 17.59 €

YVES ROCHER Monoi Eau de Tahiti Lagoon Hair & Body Wash
This has about the same scent as the fragrance, it's a bit less sharp, but again no coconut, only tiare flower. Formula is thin and I use up a lot of it at once because it foams poorly, however, it's SLS/SLES free which is nice to see and due to it I forgive the foaming part - beside this part matters less and less to me anyway. It can be used as a shampoo as well and like I said is sulphate-free plus it's silicone-free, but I haven't tried it yet for that and I don't if I will before it runs out. I ordered a pump too because YR's packaging is just too hard for me to squeeze.
Yves Rocher, 3.50 €


YVES ROCHER Almond Orange Blossom Relaxing Bath & Shower
I don't like the scent of this. It was a blind buy based on reviews on YR's French website and I simply should have known that like 90% of times YR's scent this likely won't be for me. I expected something nicely warm, since almond scents tend to smell great at other brands, but YR has this type of fragrances with a natural twist that my nose doesn't like. It's more orange blossom than almond, though the latter is noticeable, but this is overall a very green floral scent - like I said it has this natural, almost herbal vibe to it, it's all very French in a L'Occitane & Yves Rocher way. I'm a basic girl who likes her more chemical, powdery-clean based to the scents, so I hope someone uses this up instead of me. The formula is algain SLS/SLES free and also quite liquid plus poorly foaming.
Yves Rocher, 3.50 €

YVES ROCHER Garden Party Perfumed Hand Cream
I got this as a gift with purchase. Honestly I didn't want any of their options, but it doesn't let you through checkout if you don't pick something - I'm probably the only one who is not a fan of getting GWP unless it's something I really want. This smell like Nestle Ice Tea. It's more fruity to me than floral, though Nestle never smelled like peaches to me, but this it's not a floral garden scent - maybe it's better to describe it as having ice tea in a blooming garden. Texture is on the light side, yet it doesn't absorb as fast as The Body Shop's Cool Cucumber which has a similar lotion-like formula. In terms of nourishment this is not Balea's Urea, L'Occitane's Shea or TBS Hemp cream, so for me more of a something to use if nothing else is around.  
Yves Rocher, 3.50 €


BALEA Werwöhndusche Caribbean Feeling
I tend to avoid Balea coconut scented stuff because it's all the same plastic smelling kind since forever. This one is exactly like that from the start, this soapy fake coconut scent, however, after you wash it off, a more pleasant smelling coconut remains. It’s not like Raffaello for example, it’s less sweet. Formula is typical for Balea, on the thin side, but it does the job. 
DM, 0.99 €

BALEA Shampoo Copacabana
I've been wondering about this scent ever since I saw that Sol de Janeiro-like pot of body cream. It's not described as a dupe scent by anyone, but reviews mostly praised the scent. I didn't want the either of the body lotions nor the scented shimmery mist (if a shimmer free version existed it's be nice), so I waited for them to launch either a shampoo or a shower gel. This came here first, but a shower gel exists too, though to use the shampoo as a shower gel anyway and I won't try this on my hair. Scent is not at all what I expected. I though it's going to be something coconuty, pina-colada-like or with any of the tropical fruits, however, this is not a summery tropical scent to my nose. It's smells like something from an autumn/winter collection to me and just smelling it from the bottle doesn’t reveal how it really smells - I get this almost chocolate-y hazelnut scent, but when showering it’s a warm, sweet, syrupy floral scent. It's smells like something from an autumn/winter collection to me - if they sold this in autumn and said in the description it smells like maple syrup and hazelnuts, I’d totally believe it, but now since it says it smells like exotic flowers, I think I notice them, though there’s no tiare flower or hibiscus. I truly get no beach/summer/cocktail vibe from this. Regardless, it’s nice and I can see why products from this line have such a positive feedback. Formula is thin and I don’t get a lot of foam from it. 
DM, 1.29 €


YVES ROCHER Anti-Age Global The Anti-Ageing Correcting Supra Essence
YR is so much like L'Occitane when it comes to ingredients, though some products have alcohol high on the list. I loved this - well based on one use. It's a serum with tiny shimmer, which doesn't do much, but the formula feels nicely hydrating even though it's light. Usually when the formula is light, my skin just screams for extra moisture in a matter of minutes. It's not sticky nor does it leave a layer. It has chamomile extract high on the list, so it should have some soothing abilities and it also has a form of vitamin C (sodium ascorbyl phosphate). I like it a lot, but it's too expensive at 46.99 €.

YVES ROCHER Anti-Age Global The Anti-Aging Comfort Cream
This I like less, though it was still nice enough. It's very thick and takes a long time to absorb. Something for dry skin and to use at night, like the name says.


CANTU Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioning Repair Cream
After being so impressed with the conditioner, I had to get the leave-in too. The pot is just huge, there's 453 g inside, which is at least twice as much as you get usually. It's the type of texture I was hoping it's going to be, meaning that it can be used both on damp and dry hair. On latter it doesn't leave that wet feeling so there's no drying time and no possibility of frizz popping back up latter. Texture is a combination between a silicone leave-in cream like Olaplex n.6 or Tigi After Party and a regular leave-in creamy conditioner that provides nourishment instead of styling. It works so well on very dry, coarse hair, but sadly it doesn't add that silkiness I get from Tigi Blow-Out or Olaplex n.6 so it's not a perfect product, but as long as it can handle very dry hair, I'm good. This can also be used as a leave-in treatment overnight as for a more intense effect, but I had to wash my hair after it because though it absorbed during the night, I couldn't even run my fingers though the hair, it was so tangled with no smoothness - my hair just needs a ton of silicones if I don't want impossible tangles. I now mostly use it as a leave-in conditioner on damp hair after washing my hair and it helps just like the regular conditioner to keep my ends moisturised for much longer. However, using both regular conditioner and this in one washing doesn't work well for me, I need to combine both with something with silicones, otherwise I can barely run my fingers though my hair and it's just tangly. It doesn't smell like Pina Colada like the conditioner, but it's another more tropical coconuty-banana scent, so very pleasant.
Müller, 8.99 €


BALEA Hitze Schutz Spray
I only noticed now that I got the wrong one. I was planning on getting the new Schőner Főner spray which is in the same type of packaging and similar colour. I checked the ingredients of that one online, so I didn't read the back of this one in the shop and I didn't see it's filled with alcohol. Luckily I only got the mini because this is a fail product for me. For one it leaves the hair very wet and I need to wait for it to dry before curling or straightening. It leaves the hair dry, stuck in clumps and crunchy. My hair was a mess the next day. This is definitely not a product for my dry hair. 
DM, 0.99 €


L'OREAL Excellence Crème Triple Care Color
8.1 Light Ash Blonde
Another set of these, you know I use these a lot for toning. This time I screwed up my roots because they didn't lift enough and they stayed orange-yellow (my mistake. I used an equal mix of 6% and 12% developer, which ended up too weak for my dark brown thick hair when left the longest recommended time. I think I used more of 12% last time and forgot. So lesson learned for next time hopefully). I decided to do a version of shadow roots with 8.1 to hide the warm roots that Garnier 9.1 wasn't able to cover instead of bleaching again and toning. My roots are now a bit darker, which helps a lot to hide my emerging dark roots or at least makes the transition a bit softer, so it's much better than the last time when I had light blonde hair all over. I praised the formula a lot already, it's a truly great one even for very dry hair.  
Interspar, 5 € on offer.


ESSENCE 4 in 1 Profi File
I've been buying these for years. It's a cheap, basic nail file that does the job. It has four sides with surfaces that vary in roughness. I always buy this one for shortening and polishing the tips, and Ebelin's Polishing file for polishing the entire nail.
DM, 1.59 €


ESTEE LAUDER Bronze Goddess Skinscent
I tracked one of these down with much difficulty. EL is not sold in my local Müller anymore, it's not in online shops based in Slovenia and UK ones don't ship here. I finally found one on eBay. Two versions exist (or existed. I'm confused whether last year's editions are permanent or also LE's like previous ones), mine is Skinscent version which is "the original" Bronze Goddess, though there were variations of this scent thought the years and eau de parfum, which is kind of new, though EL had the perfume version before. Parfume (which I sadly couldn't find) is a warmer, deeper scent and with no bergamot, but it's said equal in terms of staying power as the Skinscent. This is to me not a smell of the beach, at least not in a traditional way. This smells like expensive makeup to me, or the scent of a drugstore/perfume shop where all the scents of testers mix together. I get no creamy coconut on my skin, which I was so hoping for, instead I get a lot of bergamot, so this is a citrusy warm scent on me and it lasts. There's no tiare flower on me either, just bitter citrus mixed with a high-end makeup base, which I have no idea with what notes to describe. Maybe it smells like high-end sunscreen, but not that I would know how those smell like. The beaches I visit are filled with the scent of Sundance, Lavazon and Hoffer sunscreen, maybe a couple of Nivea ones for those who feel fancy. This is miles away from Yves Rocher's Eau de Vahines, which smells like a budget sun tanning oil, they literally don't share a single similarity. It's also not similar to Nuxe Huile Prodigeuse or any Bath and Body Works mists I have, so this is very unique to my nose. I miss coconut and tiare flower, so honestly this is not a summery scent to me, but an all-year one, while BBW absolutely excels at making such scents. It smells very high end to me, I wear this every day since I got it and I like that's it's so unique, almost unisex on me due to the bergamot, still neither YR nor this are exactly what I wanted and my hunt for a nice beachy scent continues.
eBay seller hogiesonline, £39.90

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I love TREND IT UP Ultra Matte Lipstick no.420, I got it in an Advent Calendar. I am fair-skined but warmtone and on my lips this shade actually pulls more mauve-y for some reason so I tend to pair it with more cool tone eye-looks. Also, that cheap little Essence file is my holy grail, hope they won't discontiune it!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I wish 420 pulled more mauve on me, but it's so warm against my skin tone. You're lucky in my eyes :)

      It's been around for years, so I hope it stays :) It's the only one I truly like :)

      Izbriši
  2. Trend it Up šminke so tudi meni všeč, ampak sem ugotovila, da jih nič ne omenjam na blogu. Čeprav niso čisto mat, imajo tako fajno teksturo :D

    Balea peno za čiščenje sem že imela pred leti, ampak mislim, da je bila modra embalaža in se tudi spomnim, da je bila pena kompaktna. Mislim, da mi je bila tudi bolj všeč, kot pa Afroditina.

    Balein Copacabana vonj se bere kot super vonj za jesen/zimo, bom probala poiskati shower gel verzijo :D

    Baleain sprej za zaščito sem tudi jaz skoraj kupila, ampak sem ga dala nazaj, ker itak imam zdaj Revlonovega, ki pa tudi pusti lase zelo mokre.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Meni so TIU povprečne, sploh proti Essence, ki so iste cene, ampak še vedno čisto ok. Meni se gre itak za odtenke in 400 je lepa za vsak dan :)

      Afroditine nisem nikoli preizkusila, ampak tale od Balee mi je čisto ok. Ni presežek, ampak za ta denar je dobra :)

      Copacabana je bolj vonj za hladne mesece, ampak paše tudi zdaj :) Sicer ne vem, če ga bom ponovno kupila, mi ni toliko poseben kot je večini v reviewih.

      Sem brala, da ti Revlonov ni tako kul. Škoda, vem kako si ga želela preizkusit. Jaz imam kar Balea olje za lase, ker lahko takoj začneš delat z ravnalcem/kodralnikom, ampak bo morda za tvoje lase preveč. Kakšna verzija v aerosolu bi bila kul, imam Moroccanoil, ampak zihr obstaja kaj cenejšega.

      Izbriši
  3. Can nicely write on similar topics! Welcome to here you'll find out how it should look. Makeup

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE