Max Factor False Lash Effect Deep Raven Black

petek, oktober 16, 2020



This was far from love at first try, in fact I featured it among the disappointments in one of my monthly favourites and updates posts. It was very underwhelming in the first uses because it basically just tinted the lashes, but I didn't give up on it and after about two weeks it became a great mascara and if my lashes weren't so stubborn when it comes to holding a curl, this would be one of my favourites.


Brush is similar the original False Lash Effect, meaning plastic and big. I'm in general not a fan of such brushes because I'm very clumsy when it comes to such design and manage to often poke myself in the eye, but I haven't had such problems with this one. It one of those mascaras that fans out the lashes best and it's excels at definition. 


Since the formula thickened this is also a great volumising and lengthening formula, in fact this mascara reminds me a lot of the effect of Catrice Millionizer, except it's much quicker to apply since the brush is considerably larger. It creates a beautiful effect, however, it cannot keep my lashes curls no matter how I try. And it happens fast - one minute I'm applying this on freshly curled lashes, a process that took me quite some time, then I reach for some other makeup in the drawer and when I turn back to the mirror my lashes are already straight. Due to that it was also impossible to take pictures of the full effect of this mascara, so I'm just including one that doesn't show the full thing.   

Like usual I get no smudging, running or crumbling at this mascara, but every formula works ok for me, very likely due to not having oily eyelids.

Price and availability: I'm not sure what the precise price for this mascara is, but it should be about 12-15 € like most Max Factor mascaras.


I have a love-hate relationship with this mascara. It could be perfect, just like Catrice's Eyeconista Millionizer, but the fact it drops my lashes just pisses me off and I currently have very little patience for such mascaras, especially since they make my whole day uncomfortable as the lashes hit my glasses. But since most of you don't have such lashes, focus on the good part of the reviews, as this creates a great effect, you only need to wait for it to dry and thicken a bit. I use it for my lower lashes only. 

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Pakovanje je prelep ali izvini izglada kao da ne nose maskaru ma slikama, bar sam ja mislila da su to slike bez maskare, kad sam primetila da ispod očiju ima crno zbog maskare. Ne volim tu maskaru. Em nema volume em crta kožu.:(

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Jel si pročitala recenziju?: "This was far from love at first try, in fact I featured it among the disappointments in one of my monthly favourites and updates posts. It was very underwhelming in the first uses because it basically just tinted the lashes, but I didn't give up on it and after about two weeks it became a great mascara" " these pictures were take when it was still new and it became better later, I just couldn't be bothered by trying to take better pictures with a mascara that drops my lashes and makes them look short on every picture. It was dumb to even include it."

      Zbog toga izgleda kao da nimam maskare. Ali je poslje postala mnogo bolja. Možda je bolje za izbrišem ove slice, jer ne kažu pravog efekta maskare.

      Izbriši
    2. Da,pročitala sam to . Ali tvoje trepavice izgledaju već duge i crne ali ne vidi se da ima maskare, valjda ima prirodan rezultat. Bilo bi lepo da vidimo kako izgleda i sad nakon dugog vremena korišćenja. Nemoj da se naljutiš💖👩‍🎨naravno možeš objaviti kakve slike ti želiš, a tvoje trepavice duge su i bez maksare. samo sam mislila da je to slika bez i biće i jedna slika posle a onda sam videla da to je to.:)svaka recenzija je korisna.

      Izbriši
    3. Nah, I'm not angry, it just hit me that probably most people don't read the text and so the review isn't best. This mascara truly sucked when I got it, but it got a lot better with time. Taking pictures of mascaras that don't hold my lashes up is so much harder than waterproof ones, so I didn't feel like taking the pictures again. It's best if the picture is gone :)

      Izbriši
    4. 🙂mislim da su sve maskare takve, u početku nekako a onda drugačije.

      Izbriši
    5. Nisu sve. L'Oreal Lash Paradise nije :)

      Izbriši
    6. Htela sam kupim onu ali miris mi se nije svideo:)

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE