Favourite Lipsticks

četrtek, december 10, 2020

 

 This is the best matte classic lipstick formula I've tried so far from what is available in local drugstores here. It's very similar to Colourpop's Matte X, though not quite as richly pigmented. It's smooth like butter, it glides almost too much on the lips, it's very lightweight and once it sets it has one of the best matte finishes that is close to the matte liquid lipstick look. I had several shades, but currently I only have 02 Flaming Rose, a light pink shade which on me looks cooler than the packaging and the colour in the tube indicate.


COLOURPOP Lippie Stix Matte X
The moment I put this on, I was very impressed. The formula is so light on the lips, but with a more silicone-dry feel than Bourjois. It's intensely pigmented, best on this list and the finish is a proper matte one - one of the closest to a liquid lipstick I found. Staying power of these is one of best among classic lipsticks. I have several shades: a bright, warm-neutral red Trust Me, a medium pink/magenta Mirror Mirror… and Cami, a muted rosy brownish shade. Shades tend to get discontinued and I'm not sure what is available now, but those with a Matte X finish are brilliant (just "Matte" finish are ok, but not as special).


This is so far Catrice's best formula they made in terms of comfort, pigmentation and how smooth it looks on the lips. It's definitely one of the best you can currently buy in the drugstores, especially for the price. Formula is very lightweight and comfortable, more creamy than Bourjois and Colourpop, while the finish is the promised demi matte, so it has a small amount of a cream shine. The only thing that isn't as good as at for example Bourjouis above is the staying power, but it's not terrible. My shades are 100 Nude Crush Every Day, a neutral nude shade (on some people this looks much cooler than on me, a greyish mauve) and a 010 Warm Sandstone, a light-medium natural brown-rosy shade.



A matte formula that is least "matte feeling" from the matte lipsticks I've tried, it's most comfortable from such formulas and I think it might even be good for those with more dry lips. It's another nice smooth formula, this one is not as matte as they promise and it never feels drying on the lips. 06 No Hesitation  looks brownish in the tube, but on the lips it's more rosy-brown and it's a nice natural, wearable shade. It's scented with the classic L'Oreal lipstick fragrance that some call a granny scent, but I like it.  


I just love the high-end look of the packaging on this one, hence why it's in so many of my pictures. This formula promises an anti-aging effect, it contains a peptide and has a SPF 20. It's a standard lipstick, so not my usual preferred matte finish, but I liked this straight away. It's not one of those overly creamy formulas like most non-matte formulas tend to be, instead it's almost semi-matte, or better said satin. Formula is more firm than what I'm used to, but not in a waxy way and it glides on the lips with no problems. It feels comfortable on the lips, I don't even feel it on when I was wearing it. Given it's not matte one might expect it doesn't last long, but this stands out among creamy finishes. My shade is Delicate Pink.



I rarely talk about these, it's because they have a creamy-shiny finish and I prefer a matte one, but this is a creamy lipstick with the best staying power I've tried.  It's a super smooth and lightweight creamy formula that to those with dry lips will feel a lot more comfortable than matte formula. It comes in a heavy, metallic packaging with the magnetic closing system gives it that premium feel. I have shades 521 Verena's Rose, a light warm pink and 551 Christina's Red, a classic neutral red.



Just another in a line of matte lipsticks with a smooth formula and a nice finish. The reason these stand out to me is  the shape and built-in sharpener, so you have the benefit of using this as a liner and a lipstick. To me it's not drying, but it's not a nourishing formula and I can see it being not comfortable for some just like most if not all, matte lipsticks (except that L'Oreal one I mentioned above). It's got the same scent as their liquid lipsticks, so a strong fruity vanilla one. I have 25 Stay Exceptional which is a medium muted pink shade and 15 Lead the Way which is a light my-lips-but-better colour, a pinky-peachy nude.
Reviews/Swatches of: 15 Lead the Way25 Stay Exceptional



These were some of the earliest favourite matte lipsticks of mine. They are not as smooth and light as the ones above, as they are the oldest formula on this list, but it's still easy to apply, at least when it's new. Formula is again not drying to me and it lasts well. I have shade Darling, a light-medium warm pink that will likely look very different on darker skin tones, but I find it's a great combination of pink and peach without being too bright and FLirty, which is a vampy deep reddish purple. At this one and Colourpop's Stix I'm more inclined to say that they don't suit dry lips that well. 
Reviews/Swatches of: Darling | Flirty


My favourite shades, but not necessarily also favourite formulas:
ORIFLAME The One Colour Stylist Ultimate Lipstick in Pink Flair - the perfect nude lipstick for my skin tone. It's neither too pink nor too peachy, it's not too pale, it's just a great shade. Staying power is terrible, though. 

ORIFLAME The One Colour Stylist Ultimate Lipstick in Cranberry Blush- a quite unique shade in my collection. It's a medium muted berry that doesn't look too cool on me, instead it's a nice neutral-warm colour. Staying power is much better than at Pink Flair. Quality varies between the shades and Sunset Show in by far the most lasting.

COLOURPOP Lippie Stix Lumiere (Matte) - I've only recently started to appreciate this shade, since I became a blonde. It's a matte dusty mauve pink in Colourpop's Matte finish, which I don't like as much as Matte X, but it's also a nice one. 

JORDANA Matte Lipstick in 47 Nude - very similar to Oriflame's Pink Flair and another lipstick that I consider the best nude for me. These are cheap as chips and so it the packaging, but the formula is a great matte one. 

BOURJOIS Rouge Velvet The Lipstick 02 Flaming Rose - mentioned above. A light pink that on me appears cooler than it looks in the tube. 

L’OREAL Paris Color Riche Matte Free The Nudes Lipstick 06 No Hesitation - currently the only 90's shade I still wear. It's got the perfect mix of rosy and brown tones without being too dark. 


ESSENCE This is Me Lipstick
I wasn't sure if I should mention this one because it's not as good as the others, but Essence has really improved over the years. Formula is similar to the new matte lipsticks above, so it has a smooth formula and feels creamy at application with a semi-matte finish and a non-drying texture. Staying power is improved based on my experience with Essence lipsticks, though I won't claim it's incredible. 01 Freaky is the only nude peachy shade that doesn't look orange on me, so I like wearing it, but I think it's discontinued.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Se strinjam z večino, sploh s Colourpop, Catrice in Oriflame Master Creation. Ta zadnja ima tudi krasno embalažo. Te linije od Bourjois nimam, mi pa je že Rouge Fabuleux zelo všeč :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Master Creation je res krasna za pogledat :) Velvet so pa meni precej bolj všeč od Fabuleux, ampak to je moj okus, ker imam raje mat. Obe formulaciji sta zelo kvalitetni :)

      Izbriši
  2. I love the Maybelline as well.. Colour stays for long

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes, it's quite long lasting, though their liquid version is far more impressive :)

      Izbriši
  3. Od vseh teh formul sem dejansko preizkusila samo Bourjois :D. In ta je res odlična mat formula. Jaz bi itak imela večino kremnih v naboru, pa verjetno še to večino od Avona :D.

    Ti pa ti mauve nude odtenki lepo pristajajo. Izbrala si odtenke, ki bi res večini s svetlo poltjo pristajali, ne glede na podton. Jaz sem šele pred nekaj leti začela nositi take odtenke in jih imam zdaj tudi rada. Včasih pa sem bila pristaš samo rjavih in peach odtenkov :).

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Uh, ja Avon matte nisem dala zraven :/ Sram me je lahko. Kolikor sem preizkušala Avon šminke so se mi zdele dobre :)

      Ja, zdaj sem postala strašno "dolgočasna" z odtenki in nosim večinoma samo te naravne, čim bolj nevtralne in ne peachy, ker na meni ne izgledajo lepo (za moj okus). Sem pa ravno našla nov popoln odtenek - Revlon Matte 004 Wild Thoughts :)

      Izbriši
    2. Sem ravno zadnjič swatchala te nove Revlonove šminke in mi je bila Wild Thoughts tudi zelo všeč :). Sem prepričana, da je formula odlična, kot vse Revlonove. Ampak nisem našla dovolj zanimivega odtenka zase, da bi se prepričala v nakup. Mislim, da v Tušu niti niso imeli všeh odtenkov. Se veselim tvoje objave o njih ;).

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE