Empties #40

ponedeljek, julij 26, 2021


The eyeliner that I've been using for years. Very black, matte, lasts well and the applicator holds a lot of colour, so I don't have to keep dipping it during application. I've used up a ton so far and I'll keep repurchasing it. 
Repurchase: Done. 

The applicator ruined this for me, but the formula is very similar to Catrice. The shorter and harder, less precise tip didn't always deposit the product that well, instead it occasionally removed it, so an even application wasn't as swift as with Catrice. However, with a bit extra effort you can get a great application, so it's useful. 
Repurchase: No, I rather pay a bit more for Catrice. 


A light serum with vitamin C and hyaluronic acid that I was using every morning. This was my second bottle. It has the tinniest shimmer that creates a very natural, subtle glow that doesn't look like all those shimmer primers (CT Hollywood Filter for example) which make the skin look oily, but it is a type of glow that's hard to see in most lights, but beautiful when you see it. This also kept my skin in nice condition.
Repurchase: Yes, but I haven't yet because might try Eveline's such product and see how they compare. 

I found this buried in the fridge. Of course I forgot about it because I'm not one to keep my skin care in a fridge for various reasons (cold, far, space consuming). I didn't like it much anyway. It was my first strong vitamin C (20% ascorbic acid) and my skin had a brief, one or two day reaction and then nothing. I was using it regularity for a few months and I got no results. I then got Eucerin's 10% one and it was considerably better. Now I don't really use ascorbic acid products anymore because honestly they make my skin smell like cheap self tanner and I use stuff with other versions of vitamin C, which have the added benefit of being more stable and not smelly. 
Repurchase: No. 

One of the cheapest and nicest Asian sunscreens. It's very light, but it leaves some glow on the skin, which is on my dry skin more like an all-over liquid highlighter and not an oily shine. It sets fast and feels dry to the touch. It works well as a base for makeup and doesn't peel. 
Repurchase: I prefer Garnier Fluid because it's sold here and lighter, but I would someday. 


My standard purple shampoo. It's one of the strongest I've tried (the other is from Inebrya) and it works really well when it comes to cooling yellow tones, but like all such products it doesn't work on orange-golden ones (wrong tone for that). Formula is ok for my very dry hair, though it's not like Extraordinary formula which is also nourishing. 
Repurchase: Done.

AVEO MED Sensitiv Shampoo
A shampoo I have been using for a while now. It's my scalp shampoo since like the rest of my hair it's very dry and has its own set of problems, but I like this one because unlike other shampoos that are scalp health oriented, this one is nice for my dry hair too and doesn't leave it stripped or tangled.
Repurchase:  Done. It's now in a different mint green-white packaging

BALEA MED 5% Urea Dusche + Shampoo 2 in 1
I use this both as a shampoo and a body wash. As a shampoo it's ok for dry hair, but Aveo is nicer. I wish the formula were thicker and richer, but I still repurchase it regularly.  
Repurchase: Yes. 


One of the best conditioners I've found for my very dry hair. It leaves it softer, a lot more hydrated than other brands and for longer. Only weakness is frizz control, but I can deal with that with the assistance of other products. It smells like pina colada and comes in a big 400 ml bottle (larger sizes are sold as well, but only abroad). 
Repurchase: Done. 

One of the best hair rescue products ever. It makes my hair less coarse after colouring, though I always use it in combination with K-PAK Intense Hydrator because on its own this doesn't make my hair soft enough. I find that using this combination first when my hair is not in great condition and then Olaplex at the next hair wash, I get better results as when just using Olaplex straight away because Joico has a better "touchable" result. 
Repurchase: Yes.

On its own I'm not impressed with visible or touchable results, though I believe the science behind it and use it regularly since I bleach +colour my hair, however, I love the results in combination with n.0 (liquid Olaplex, strongest version) and n.5 conditioner after (though I like to add either Cantu or Lazartigue Repair mask for extra hydration). I do a treatment day and leave n.0 with n.3 all day (covered with a shower cap so it doesn't dry out), then wash my hair in the evening and leave n.5 for an extra hour. I get very soft hair that way, at least for my type of coarse, super dry and damaged hair. I also finish with the two Olaplex leave ins n.6 (cream) and n.7 (oil). 
Repurchase: Done.


HEALTHY SEXY HAIR Tri-Wheat Leave-in Conditioner
I've gone through so many bottles of this, this is a mini because the large size wasn't in stock when I was buying this last. It kept my hair hydrated longer, it has some proteins, so it makes it stronger and has a decent level of frizz control. However, I've recently found Moroccanoil All In One Leave-in Conditioner, which I like even more because it leaves my hair softer, though it doesn't tame frizz nearly as well as this.
Repurchase: Maybe, but for now I'm sticking to Moroccanoil

BALEA PROFESSIONAL Kopfhaut Balance Ansatz Balsam
This was one of the shortest staying products at Balea and it's already discontinued along with the rest of the line. It was a unique product among the cheap drugstore stuff, a moisturiser for the scalp. It was meant for dry, itchy, flaky skin and it was quite light. Still despite the nozzle, it was not easy to apply this everywhere. It helped with the itching, but didn't have long term results.   
Repurchase: Discontinued, no replacement at Balea exists.


REVLON Colorsilk Beautiful Color
70 Medium Ash Blonde
My favourite hair colour for toning after bleaching, though I use L'Oreal's Excellence 8.1, which is very similar, more often because it's easier to get. The reason I like this one a bit more is the colour a really nice ashy blonde and it's ammonia free (plus it's cheaper full price). Unlike most hair colours I've tried, the formula is very liquid, yet it ends up less of a mess in the bathroom than L'Oreal and it also doesn't have that hair colour scent that ammonia colours have. Results can be seen here.
Repurchase: Yes.


DOVE Deeply Nourishing Shower Gel
One of the best shower gels ever, though why they call it a gel and not cream I don't get. But in the past most Dove gels had this rich, creamy texture and now only it's this version, while the rest of the new ones I tried were disappointingly liquid. I miss coconut and jasmine version with a pink cap. 
Repurchase: Yes.

PRIMARK Sleep Relaxing Body Wash
Disappointment. I expected a relaxing lavender scent, but this one was so herbal, bitter and reminded me of men's fragrances. Afrodita is miles better, but that's just my taste in lavender scents. I love the starry sky inspired packaging. 
Repurchase: No.

BALEA Duschcreme
Iris
This is probably gone by now, but it was one of the best LE scents Balea made and I used up three or four bottles. I hope they'll use this scent again sometime. It smelled like white chocolate with coconut + a bit powdery.
Repurchase: Yes, if they still have/had it. 


DOVE Nourishing Secrets Restoring Ritual Anti-perspirant 
My standard deodorant. I've used up several so far and it still works on me. This one has a coconut scent. 
Repurchase: Done. 

BATH & BODY WORKS Pocket Bacs
Spiced Apple Wood, Running (Late) is my Cardio and Pumpkin Cupcake
These are the best scented anti-bacterial gels. Using these is like you sprayed a perfume, which some (like me) love. They have different editions that are swapped so quickly, so it's pointless to say how mine smelled, but all were great.
Repurchase: I would if I could, but they are too expensive on eBay. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

TRANSLATE