Eveline Cosmetics Satin Matt Mattifying & Covering Foundation 4-in-1

petek, avgust 19, 2022


My first Eveline foundation and actually the only shade that fit me on their stand, which is why it attracted my attention. I didn't really bother reading their promises, all that mattered to me was the light shade and affordable price. Eveline says it has a silky texture that offers a buildable coverage, a satin-matte finish, it promises to blur pores and it contains snail slime filtrate, so there's some skin care too. 


Texture: is creamy, light and not "matte foundation-like". Instead it's similar to Bourjois Healthy Mix, so when I tested it in the shop, I assumed this is a more hydrating foundation than it is. Since it's not fast drying, there's plenty of time to blend it in. I prefer to apply this one with a dry foundation sponge, which taps the foundation on the skin, while with a brush it didn't blend that nicely, neither did it with fingers.


Coverage and finish: It has a low-medium coverage, so darker freckles are still visible and my under eye area needs an extra layer of concealer to hide the redness. Finish is the described satin matte, but that's true for my dry skin, which makes most foundations matte in time, since I have little natural oils come through the day. When I used it over a shiny sunscreen, the mattifying effect wasn't strong enough and my skin had a glow. I have no idea how this behaves on oily skin. It's a fickle foundation that I can never predict how it will look. Sometimes it's nice - smooth and natural looking, it reminds me of Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless - then sometimes it looks dry, emphasizes texture and there's an occasional dry patch. Without hydrating skin care, this is too dry for my skin.   

Staying power: is average. It doesn't last nicely all day. Sometimes it wears off ok, then sometimes, when my skin is dry, it's a bit patchy when looked up close. 


Shade: 101 Ivory is a passable match for my pale skin, more due to the neutral-yellow undertone than depth, since it's not the lightest in my collection. Their shade range in DM is very small with only three more colours. 

Packaging: a tube that's like Maybelline's Fit Me.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cera Alba, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Snail Secretion Filtrate, Maris Aqua, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Algin, Sucrose, Tocopherol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Phenethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Alumina, Magnesium Oxide, Parfum (Fragrance), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool. May Contain (+/-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Price and availability: I got it in DM for 4,79 €.


It's not the best foundation I ever found, but it can look very nice on good days, it covers enough and it's affordable. Shade range is poor, but luckily there is a light shade that is in the neutral territory, which makes it easier for me to wear even if the depth of the shade isn't exactly right. It doesn't feel like a typical matte foundation, but it can be drying on my skin, so this might be more suited for combination skin, though I'm not sure how it could handle oiliness given my experience with a shiny SPF. What most bothers me at this formula is the staying power, but I suppose that can be improved with setting spray and/or primer. 

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE