January Favourites and Wishlist

torek, januar 31, 2023


NAJ OLEARI Absolute Stay Eyeshadow 
04 Golden Brown
Such a great cream eyeshadow. It's opaque with one swipe, it blends easily and without losing too much intensity, plus it lasts so well on my eyelids. There's not creasing and little fading through the day, and it also works great as a base to intensify similar shades. This colour is quite basic, a simple bronze shade, but it's a type of shade I like to wear often. 


CERAVE Micellar Cleansing Water 
A micellar water with simple, nice ingredients (niacinamide, ceramides, cholesterol and no fragrance) that does the job even with heavy makeup. There's no residue and it feels nicely hydrating. At the moment this is my favourite micellar water and I think it might remain that for a long time. 

CERAVE Reparative Hand Cream
I was an instant fan of this hand cream and it replaced Balea's Urea as my top drugstore hand moisturizer. It's got lovely simple ingredients the skin needs - ceramides, cholesterol and hyaluronic acid - while the formula is nicely thick and rich, yet it absorbs fast, so there's quickly no greasy residue on the skin.


THE BODY SHOP Body Butter Argan
I've long been a fan of TBS' thick and rich body butter formula. This scent is just lovely - it smells like a comforting perfume for cold months with nuts, something slightly spicy & bitter and vanilla or amber but all mixed with this lovely creamy note. It's more feminine than Shea, but still has that clean creaminess I want in a fragrance.


MOROCCANOIL Intense Hydrating Hair Mask
One of my favourite ever hair mask. Morocccanoil has such great formulas for my thick, dry hair. This nourishes my hair so well and leaves it feeling silky. After I use this, my hair smells like that typical Moroccanoil floral amber scent for days - something that doesn't happen with any other formula. 

MOROCCANOIL Treatment Original
I have a small bottle of this, so I rarely use it, while I'm trying to use up my big stash. I picked it up recently again and I have to say it's currently the best in my collection. These types of silicones oils all do the same thing, so give shine and smooth the hair, but at this one my hair looks its best. I've been dreaming of getting a full size bottle since forever, but I need to use up at least some of my oils first.   

MOROCCANOIL Mending Infusion
I recently got a second bottle of this. While I don't find it makes my hair as nice as the Treatment, its ingredients are more impressive. It has lots of proteins and aminoacids, so it's a product that helps strengthen the hair. It's a lightweight lotion for the ends that instructions say to use on dry hair as a finisher, but I use it both on damp and dry hair, and it nicely smooths down the hair and hides the look of scruffy, dry ends.


SUBRINA PROFESSIONAL Repair Oil
Originally I didn't find this oil that special, since all such products tend to be good anyway, but while the scent didn't wow me from the start, I have to admit now that I get why everyone is raving about it. It smells like something from my childhood, a lip balm of an unknown brand, but the scent was called Tutti Fruiti and it's this great mix of warm vanilla, fruity notes and something sugary-sweet like a bubble gum. They need to make a body mist with this scent and the scent of Repair shampoo & conditioner, which have a better version of Olympea type of scent. This is one of the most "oily-feeling" such silicone oils, meaning it's quite rich. 


LA RIVE Solare
This is such an amazing fragrance that instantly transports me to summery days at the beach. Apparently it's a "dupe" for Nivea Sun fragrance, which we still don't have here - Solate really smells just like European sunscreens (Nivea and a bit like Sun Dance). This is 10 €, so a cheap fragrance that  loses much of its strength quickly, but I can smell the developed sweeter fainter version of the scent hours after application. 


TANGLE TEZZER Wet Detangling Hairbrush 
I never mention this, but this my everyday hero. I love this hair brush - it just glides through the hair, detangles knots where needed and the bristles feel much softer than the cheap versions of such brushes. I've been using Tangle Tezzzers for over a decade, but these with a handle are the best. 


WISHLIST

MISSHA Perfect Blanc BB SPF50+/PA+++ 19. Rosy - My favourite Missha's BB is never in stock for some reason, hopefully it's not being discontinued, but I saw this version around and I'm interested in it, since it looks like it has a light shade. This one promises to even and brighten the skin tone. It contains niacinamide, centella asiatica, a small amount of vitamin C and several extracts, but it's overall not as impressive as M Perfect Cover BB Cream RX (though it has a higher SPF).

A'PIEU Honey & Milk Lip Oil - I've had Clarin's Lip Oil on my wishlist since forever. This looked similar based on reviews and it's only 4 €. 

AFRODITA COSMETICS Clean Phase Collagen Solution Moisturising Toner - I just run out of Afrodita Professional Peptide mist that I've been using every day for a long time now and this is  similar in terms of ingredients, just that I don't have to order online and it's local drugstores. It contains panthenol, hyaluronic acid and peptides. 

ESSENCE Pure Nude Baked Blush - Essence released a whole collection of blushes in their Pure Nude formula (I'm sure you know the popular highlighter they stupidly discontinued, then rereleased in the USA because it was so popular). They're on the website, but I haven't seen them here yet. They are already sold in the US, but unusually I don't see them on German Müller's website.

PUPA Wonder Me Powder-No-Powder - I'm perfectly happy with Physicians Formula Rose All Day powder, but I can't help to be curious about this one, as it promises to "instantly perfect and smooth the complexion without leaving any trace on your face." It also promises to minimize pores. I suspect it's likely nothing special and I really don't needed, but I'm interested. 

MAYBELLINE Fit Me Fresh Tint SPF 50 - a new foundation that isn't here yet, but it's in some parts of the world. I tend to like Maybelline's foundations and in particular am a big fan of Fit Me Matte + Poreless. It has a small amount of vitamin C (Ascorbyl Glucoside) and an SPF 50. 

KERASTASE Chroma Absolut Soin Acide Chroma Gloss and Masque Chroma Filler - I hear this is great line for coloured hair. The Soin Acide is a similar product to Redken Extreme Bleach Recovery Lamellar Water Treatment that I often use. 

MIXA Niacinamide Glow Illuminating Moisturizer - a new release by Mixa. It contains squalane, niacinamide and vitamin C (Ascorbyl Glucoside). There's also a micellar water. 

I saw new Catrice products are already on their website and on Slovene DM website. There's plenty of things I'm interested in, but I want to see them in person before I decide if I'm getting anything. Blushes are most interesting to me. 



You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Cerave micelarna, je iz DMa? Če ne bi bila zvesta Biodermi že leta, bi preizkusila. Subrina Professional linija je na wishlisti za takrat, ko bom rabila kaj novega v lasni rutini. Slišim same pohvale. Mene sicer Repair linija najbolj zanima.
    Ti pa vedno izbrskaš novosti, ki jih jaz zgrešim. ti Catrice blushi na sredini slike, okrogli, to je kao v prenovi? Nisem jih videla v Mullerju. Ko sem bila niso imeli testerje večine izdelkov in jih nisem mogla preizkusit. Najbolj me mika serum foundation, čeprav sem spet zmedena glede odtenka. Verjetno bi morala dva mešat. Highlighterje tekoče bom preskočila, ker mi je nekaj manjkalo pri teksturi.
    Ko bi vsaj imeli Essence Pure Nude blushe. To je bil največji idiotizem z njihovim highlighterjem. Se jaz prav spomnim, da smo mi imeli samo en odtenek? V US pa mislim da kar nekaj. Ponavlja se zgodba z Maybellinom, najboljše stvari ne bomo dobili. Kar je zelo čudno glede na to, da je EU based.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Cerave sem naročila na Look Fantastic. Ne vem, če je že pri nas. V moji najbližji lekarni vem da ni.

      Misliš tista kremna blusha? Ja, te sem našla med novostmi na njihovi spletni. Ne vem pa če bo to pri nas, sem upala, da bo. Sem pa danes dobila paket z novostmi in nisem dobila nobenega blusha. Puder se mi zdi identičen HD Liquid Camouflage. Sem upala, da je boljši za suho kožo, ampak na meni oba izgledata isto. Mogoče se vidi razlika na mastni-mešani koži, ampak meni se na suhi bradi ne zlije lepo s kožo. Dobila sem odtenek 010 in mi je pretemen, ampak ne drastično. Moram uredit slike in video, pa bom dala na FB. Sicer nisem še naredila swatchev, ker še ni bilo časa.

      Jaz tudi res upam za te Essence blushe. Totalno so bedni, da so že na Ulti, pri nas pa ne. Evropa bi morala biti prva. Highlighter smo imeli samo en odtenek in ravno ko sem slišala za hype, je bil ukinjen.

      A Catrice so že dali na police? Sem čisto zamudila ta update, sploh noben nič ne obvešča. Bi šla pogledat še stvari, ki me zanimajo. Ta update mi izgleda zanimiv. Tisti Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar bronzer/highlighter dupe sem že preizkusila in za zdaj me je zelo pozitivno presenetil. Za contour je najs odtenek in highlighter je super, s finim šimrom.

      Izbriši
    2. Catrice blushev pri nas ni. Sem šla včeraj pogledat za novostmi od Catrice in na koncu nisem vzela nič. Ja pri nas so že napolnili. Sicer zadnjič še ni bilo testerjev, zdaj že večina je. Ravno to mi je bilo zanimivo s Catrice novo podlago, ker se mi je zdela na prvi vtis kar mat, sploh ne sijoča kot bi naj bila. Bom počakala tvoje vtise, ampak zaenkrat me ni nič preveč navdušilo.

      Izbriši
    3. Ampak ta Cheek Lover Marbled pa vidim, da je v DM med novostmi. Sploh ne pridem do drogerij...
      Ah za ta puder je že opis čuden. Omenja radiant finish, potem pa v istem stavku natural matte finish. Sem jo nosila že parkrat in ne vem, sem na meji ali mi je všeč ali ni. Je zelo lahka, kar dobro prekrije za tako majhno količino izdelka na koži in od daleč ter na slikah izgleda lepo. Samo od blizu pa ni tako lep, kot bi lahko bil. Ampak trenutno je moja koža presuha, pa moram naredit en "skin pamper day". Moram pa reči, da mi je večina stvari, ki sem jih dobila všeč. Zanič je le maskara, pa 5 in Box paletki manjka pigmentacija. Precej boljši update kot ponavadi.

      Izbriši
  2. Thanks for the up-to-date sharing on all these beauty products. What a great sharing in the new year of 2023. It's time for me to revamp my beauty product lists too. New year, new me!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE