Some of the Things I'm Currently Using...

sobota, februar 18, 2012


This is going to be one of those post where I just write a slew of mini reviews of products. Firstly, two showers gels I recently purchased, Fenjal Intensive Creme Duche and the second one is one of Balea's (Cocos and Tiareblüten). I bought the Fenjal one because of the packaging. I absolutely adore the colour and I just wanted something in that colour in my bathroom. The product itself is actually a pretty good shower gel. It has a bit thicker formula, which I prefer in shower gels, is very gentle and doesn't dry out the skin. The scent is very mainstream soap type, it's the same type of scent as Dove soaps. The second shower gel, Balea's Cocos and Tiareblüten, has a great coconut scent, very authentic and lovely. The formula is a bit thin as with all Balea shower gels.  

Greenland body butter in Mango is one of my favourite body moisturisers. The scent is so amazing, it's a sweet tropical-fruity scent, I don't know if it's authentic mango scent though. The pot is very small for the price (100g for about 8€), but it's quite an intensive moisturiser. 


Herbal Essences Hello Hydration line is my new drugstore discovery. The shampoo is very moisturising and is just brilliant for those who have really dry hair like me. The mask is also very moisturising and all in all very good especially for the price (both products are in the 2-3€ range). But the best part is the scent. It's a very tropical, coconut + fruit + candy scent that lasts on the hair for a really long time. Highly recommended.


I already wrote about Weleda lavender oil in one of my favourites post. After owning a small sample bottle, I purchased a full size product which is a 100ml bottle for about 9€. I love the scent of lavender and this has a really authentic lavender scent. It also absorbs quickly for an oil.
I've had the Soap&Glory Heel Genious foot cream for a while now and it's ok. Nothing particularly special, in fact I wish it was more moisturising. It's a light blue colour cream/gel with a very fresh-floral scent. Won't repurchase. I have my eye on the Burt's Bees Coconut cream next.


 My skin has been behaving really badly in the past couple of months, so I decided to try the new Balea Young Soft and Care Serum which contains salicylic and lactic acid. I've been testing it for three weeks and it's rubbish. It just caused more breakouts (at first I thought is was just a purging stage, but after three weeks it dawned on me that this is the reason for my skin breaking out) and it really dried out my skin badly. The serum itself is very light, clear and has a light fruity scent. It sinks in quite fast and dries into a semi-matte finish. The packaging is very good, it actually has a pump and this for the price of 2 + something €. I don't know, maybe it would work better on someone who has more oily skin, because the ingredients look good. 
After my Balea serum fiasco, which really dried out my skin (as did Neutrogena grapefruit cleanser, horrible stuff), I purchase Cicaplast by La Roche-Posay, which is supposedly good for dry patches. I like it a lot. It has a gel consistency but it quite thick. It's not the easiest thing to apply, but it dries to a mat finish, it feels like a primer and is good for under the makeup (Lisa Eldridge used it as a primer in one of her videos). It doesn't have any scent. As far as the effects go I can't say much as I only been using it for the last couple of days, but the dry patches are almost gone (forehead is fixed, but the tops of my cheekbones are still dry). It was about 11€ (40ml) in the local pharmacy.

The last thing is the Max Factor eyeliner in 090 Natural glaze. I wear their white eyeliner a lot, but white can look quite harsh even on my pale skintone. 090 is a good fleshtoned eyeliner, sort of in the NW20 (MAC) colouring, it is definitely darker than my skintone (Healthy Mix 51) and it's quite peachy toned. But still it's a good match for me. Also the quality of Max Factor eyeliners is very nice, I actually own quite a few colours. It was about 5€.

Thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I love that shampoo! :)

    http://katiaswonderland.blogspot.com/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I've seen numerous vids of Misschievous wearing this Max Factor off-white pencil! I don't think any other drugstore company makes an eye pencil in this colour, looks like a pretty underrated product IMO :(((

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. O, moram pogledat ta svinčnik! Tudi meni je namreč bel rahlo preveč...

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Oj! Kje se pa da kupi ta mango body butter?

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. V Műllerju. Mislim, da so še. Poglej tam kjer so bolj naravni izdelki, če jih ni med losjoni in masli :)

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE