Diorskin Nude BB (plus Guerlain's Lingerie de Peau BB)

četrtek, julij 25, 2013


I am a fan of foundations/BBs that give that skin-like finish and Dior's BB is exactly that. A while back, I had a sample of this BB cream which really impressed me. So as soon as I found a nice offer I snatched  a tube for myself.

It is a medium thickness BB cream that blends into the skin so well. I find it looks best applied with a brush, I like Real Techniques buffing brush the most for applying this BB, but fingers work ok too.
The finish is semi-matte and there is some healthy radiance to it. It looks like skin and you can't really see that your wearing anything, it just sort of melts in. It reminds me of Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum, but less radiant and Bourjois BB cream. Much like Bourjois HM serum, it leaves the skin (almost) dry to the touch, which is a huge plus for me. I set it with powder in this hot weather otherwise my T-zone gets shiny, but I probably won't have to in colder months. It looks fantastic in combination with Mac Mineralize Skinfinish natural. My skin doesn't get flaky during the day and it wears off nicely. Staying power is nice, there is a lot left on the cotton pad when I take my makeup off at the end of the day. I also find it works fantastic if you reapply it over existing makeup to freshen up.

It has light coverage, even lighter than Bourjois HM Serum and less than all other foundations/BB's I own. It doesn't cover circles and my freckles are still visible, but you can build it up a bit with more layers. Basically, it just makes the skin looking more even, like you have naturally great skin. For any imperfections, I use concealer as would with any other foundation/BB.
Every time I find a really light shade sold in my country, I get really excited. 001 is a very light, pink-toned shade that is a nice match for me and blends very well with my skin tone. I have more or less a neutral skin tone and Bourjois 51, which is yellow toned, also matches me nicely because it has low coverage. But as far as undertones go, my absolute best match is Missha Signature Real Complete BB in 13, which is neutral. There are tree shades of Diorskin BB available, 002 might be most universal.

The packaging is great. A sleek tube with a great pump that dispenses the desired amount. This is how it should be done. I always use quite small amount of foundation and one pump is enough for my needs. The BB has an SPF 10, which is shamefully low, but it works nice with the sunscreen I use, so it's not a deal breaker.

I got mine from Feel Unique for 31€, when I had a discount. Regular price is around 37€.
If you're a fan of light coverage with skin-like finish, give it a go, but I suggest you get a sample first. 
I'm wearing only the BB here:

Since we are on a subject of high-end BB's, I had a sample of Guerlain's Lingerie de Peau BB when I was deciding whether to get Dior's one or Guerlain's. I did a swatch of the shade and took a picture of how it looked on the skin.

Unfortunately, the lightest shade is a bit too dark for me. Though it wasn't the worst match, it was dark enough for me to notice. I would have to self-tan to be able to wear it. The coverage is much higher than Dior's BB, I'd say medium (medium-full  if you build it up), and I didn't need to use concealer under the eyes or around the nose, only on blemishes. It has an SPF 30, which was the thing that draw me to it. The texture is thicker and heavier than Dior's, but the finish is the same semi-matte. It's a lovely BB cream and I would buy it if they had a shade that suits me. There are only two shades available.

Again I'm wearing only the BB here. See how much better it conceals circles.

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I know this is totally unrelated, but girl, you got some long lashes.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Great post! (and great lashes!) :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. What a fantastic review, you just never fail to deliver:)
    I've been eyeeing this Dior BB for a while now and after reading your review I think I might want to give it a go.. again wonderful review you answered all of my questions thanks! lady you've got some long lashes on you and such pretty eyes.. you lucky girl:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you :D
      Do try a to get a sample first, since it is not exactly the cheapest BB. I fell in love in it based on a sample, but it is quite a light coverage :)

      Izbriši
  4. Tale zgleda kar preveč rozasta za mene, ki imam precej močen rumen podton... Bom pogledala kakšen je 002 odtenek.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Trepavice su ti odlične, a BB Nude jedva čekam da kupim. Your lashes are great and I can't wait to buy Dior Nude BB, but I have so much foundations and BB creams in stock.

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE