Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet 07 Nude-ist

sobota, marec 14, 2015


I will openly admit that when I first saw and swatched Rouge Edition Velvets, I immediately disliked this shade and even considered it ugly. Oh, how wrong I was. But you have to admit that it doesn't look like much in the tube any way and quickly swatched under the deceiving shop lights it didn't really pack that wow factor like the rest of the shades. Turns out this is just gorgeous on the lips and I'm kicking myself for not picking it up sooner (Sanja recognized its beauty straight away. I should have trusted her judgment and advice *bows head in shame*).  


Nude-ist looks unappealingly dark nude in the tube and when swatched on the back of the hand, it has that brownish-nude look to it, which I found instantly unappealing. But on the lips it shows its true colours. It's a stunningly gorgeous muted rose colour, so basically a deep warm nude shade. It's almost exactly the same tone as my natural lips, but two (or maybe more) shades darker so it just brings some life to my face and some much needed definition (my lips are so pale and they get paler towards the edge, so I have no idea where they really end). I have nothing like it in my collection and it sparked the interest to find more colours like it. My cousin has the same shade for a while now and when she first saw this colour on me, she enthusiastically asked me what I wearing and was surprised when I told her it was Nude-ist, since she says it looks very different on her. So keep that in mind when you're looking at my swatches because I'm very pale and it's probably much darker on me than on most (I wear Nars Siberia if you don't know yet). It's very every day appropriate, though on my lips it's already not a true nude shade, but a classy medium natural-toned goodness and I would feel comfortable wearing this colour for any occasion.

 Yes, the cat ears are obligatory.


I've already talked extensively about the formula in my Grand Cru review and then some more in my review of Frambourjoise and Olé Flamingo. Given that I already own four of these, it's pretty clear how much I adore them. Out of those three shades it's closest in texture to Frambourjoise, meaning it has the type of pigmentation that is sheerer in the first light coat and fully opaque in the second. This is also the shade that is never truly matte (but it's very close) and doesn't completely dry, but rather stays more creamy and does transfer. This also means that those who tend to have drier lips might find it more comfortable to wear than for example Grand Cru, which becomes completely matte. However, if you're one who suffers from really dry lips, all these matte lip creams will feel drying to you. This lingering creaminess also means that it's the Velvet with the weakest staying power and only partly survives a meal or drinking, but still a lot better than an average lipstick in as similar shade.   


Here are all four shades I own: 02 Frambourjoise, 05 Olé Flamingo, 07 Nude-ist and 08 Grand Cru.


Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

32 comments

  1. These sounds soooo good! I'm so bummed Bourjois isn't cruelty free otherwise I would buy 'em all! Another shade that looks absolutely stunning on you :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I also love them and I own three shades - Nude-ist, Personne ne Rouge and Grand Cru. And I consider Nude-ist my favourite one, even though I normally prefer reds and hardly ever wear nudes and pinks. It's just like my-lips-but-better shade for me :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I too am not a typical nude-lipsticks-girl and I very often wear brighter shades, but this is gorgeous :)

      Izbriši
  3. Super ti pristoji. Sama obožujem tale odtenek, ker je nude, ampak spet ni tisti my lips but better nude, ampak kar lepo viden odtenek. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala :) Yup, lep nude odtenek, ki vseeno da malo barve v obraz :)

      Izbriši
  4. I have wanted to try these for ages, thanks for the review I might just have to cave in!

    lethallashes.blogspot.co.uk/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Ti je oproščeno, ker na tebi izgleda še 10x boljše. Bi te jaz tudi ziher vprašala kaj nosiš, ker na meni izpade bolj živo in bolj roza...Ampak okej, še vseeno je krasen odtenek :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Samo, da mi je oproščeno :D Na meni ti svetlejši odtenki pogosto izgledajo zelo drugače kot na drugih in v tem primeru je to zelo dobra stvar :)

      Izbriši
  6. Yes, Yes! I
    had the same first impression as you when I first saw Nude-ist, but after a while I realized how beautiful it was and bought it. I am so glad I did because it makes the while look more interesting without a lot of effort.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It looks so bland in the tube, but looks can be so deceiving :) I completely agree with you :)

      Izbriši
  7. 07 shade looks beautiful. Your cat ears are so cute. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you, these ears were only a euro on eBay :)

      Izbriši
  8. Nudist is such a beautiful shade!

    Annie | www.drugstoredreamer.blogspot.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Tebi res super paše! Lep odtenek je, me kar zamika, da bi ga kupila. Sem pa par dni nazaj dala novo priložnost Frabourjoise, ne vem če si mogoče brala mojo oceno, mene je zaradi vonja full razočaral, je mel močan kemični vonj. No in po mesecih neuporabe, je ta vonj čudežno izginil. :O Ne morem verjet. Namreč sedaj ima prijeten vonj, nič kaj motečega. In hočem povedat, da so zdaj vsi ostali odtenki ponovno na WL, ampak prvi bo ravno tale ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala :) Meni vonj ni popolnoma nič posebnega in ga sploh ne opazim. Apocalips so najhujši kar se tiče čudnih vonjev pri kozmetiki.

      Izbriši
  10. Yay! I was looking forward to seeing this one on you. And as I suspected, it looks beautiful.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It's such a stunning shade and I have nothing like it :)

      Izbriši
  11. To je moj prvi njihov odtenek in mi je grozno všeč, ampak kot si omenila tudi na meni izgleda nekoliko drugače in potegne malo bolj na rdečo kot na roza :) Ti pa super paše :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Ta podton očitno res izgleda na vsakemu drugače, ampak je še vedno lep "nude" odtenek :) Hvala :)

      Izbriši
  12. Lep odtenek in tebi zelo zelo paše!:)) Jaz še vedno čakam, da naredijo neko nude verzijo zame ;) hehe.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala :) Pa res nimajo še nič svetlo peachy odtenkov. Sestrična ima Happy Nude Year, ki je podoben temu, ampak bolj peachy-roza, vseeno se mi zdi da tebi ne bi bil všeč (imam sliko na ustnicah, če bi rada videla) :). Zdaj bodo trije novi odtenki, ki jih seveda ne bo pri nas. Yay! *sarcasm off*

      Izbriši
    2. Ja sem videla Happy New Year. Mah nimajo zame še. Vem, da skoz neke nove odtenke dodajajo, ampak seveda zakaj bi bili pri nas?! Bo treba počakat, saj bo spet kdaj in "nude" in bo prišla nova kolekcija, hehe:D

      Izbriši
    3. Ah, Slovenke pa res ne rabimo novosti. Me komaj vemo kaj sploh je maskara, kaj šele tekoča mat šminka, right?
      Bi bilo kar treba še kakšen nude odtenek dat v to kolekcijo. Sem že masikatero slišala da bi jih imele, ampak so odtenki preživi, sploh za v pisarno :)

      Izbriši
    4. Razumem tvoj sarkazem - popolnoma!:D

      Saj zato mi ni jasno. Razumem, da so bold barviti odtenki vedno in in to najraje delajo znamke, tudi ker se najlažje doseže dobra pigmentacija. Ampak vsaka linija določene blagovne znamke mora imeti tudi bolj nosljive odtenek. Pa res ni niti enega nude odtenka, ker so vsi še vedno prevej barviti za moje pojme.

      Izbriši
    5. I knew you would :D

      Mogoče bojo novi Lacquer bolj naravni odtenki, samo za tiste itak predvidevam, da bodo bolj kot pigmentirani glosi :)

      Izbriši
  13. It is such a beautiful dusty rose shade and looks really flattering on you. Great review.

    themeticulousperfections.blogspot.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. Super odtenki in zakon useska :)
    xo
    K.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. I bought this because of your review. It is glorious. Thanks.

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE