Essence Silky Touch Blushes in Adorable, Kissable and Autumn Peach

četrtek, marec 19, 2015


In all my years of blogging, I only reviewed one Essence blush, oh so long ago, but I have three in my collection at the moment, two are quite new(-ish). As far as drugstore blushes go, Catrice already took the top spot on my best-of list, while Essence ones were never really on my radar. Based on my experience with the shade Adorable, which I got a million years ago, I just presumed that all the rest are very sheer and I don't have the patience to build-up the colour. Essence added two autumn/winter shades to their collection last autumn and I got my hands on both. I must say that the pigmentation is much better at both these shades.


The quality of the blushes varies from shade to shade, but in general, they don't perform as well as Catrice ones. For one I find they don't apply as smoothly and they don't last as long. The pigmentation is again something that varies, from super sheer to very pigmented. Staying power is nothing to write home about, though due to pigmentation Kissable manages to stick around longer than the other two. 


10 Adorable

Adorable is a very light warm pink shade that isn't particularly pigmented, though obviously the lightness of the shade is the reason by itself. It can be built-up, which takes quite a few layers even on my super pale complexion, but the final result is a gentle pink flush on the cheeks. Due to sheerness, it's a nice option for those who don't like strong blushes and are very pale. It also pairs up nicely with a smoky eye or red lips. 


70 Kissable

Kissable is such a hard shade to capture with my smartphone, but I think I got close enough. It's a plum shade with gold shimmer and it's very pigmented, so it should work for medium skin tones a bit better than on super pale skins. I have to be quite careful with it to avoid clown cheeks and I only need to touch the surface of the blush with a brush and apply it gently on the cheeks. Due to strong pigmentation, I find that it's not as easy to blend, but it's not terrible. It is the softest one out of the three, but in this case this isn't the best thing because I find it quite loose and this also affects how it blends on the skin.

80 Autumn Peach


This is my favourite shade of the three and such a pleasant surprise. It's something like Bourjois Nude Velvet blush, but in powder form, so it gives an adorable peach flush and it just brightness up the face. Pigmentation is somewhere between sheer and medium, so I definitely need to build it up. 


I find these very average and even if I take the price into account, I would still rather pay a bit more and get the Catrice ones. These are fun for those who either want to try blushes for the first time or just want to try a new shade to check if it suits them. I admit I rarely use mine simply because I have so many better ones in my collection.

Essence Silky Touch Blushes cost 2.79 € in Slovene Müllers.

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

33 comments

  1. We agree again :-) Autumn Peach is deeeeefinitely my favorite.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I never expected it to be my favourite because it looks so orange in the pan, but it gives the perfect flush :)

      Izbriši
  2. i have one blush from the range and I like it. It's not the best blusher I've ever had, but still a nice one :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Autumn Peach mi je zelo vsec, ceprav sem jaz na koncu svojo podarila. Kot si rekla, Catrice ima boljse blushe in tudi sama raje posegam po tistih. Ceprav Essence je v LE kolekcijah izdal kar nekaj blushev, ki jih obozujem in so med mojimi najljubsimi. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Catrice so veliko, veliko boljši :) Essence ima na splošno navado dajat stvari boljše kvalitete v njihove omejene kolekcije.

      Izbriši
  4. Kissable mi izgleda super, ampak nimam pa še nobenega izmed njihovih standardnih blushev :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Kissable sem kupila, ker sem želela videt kako sploh izgleda tak plummy odtenek na meni :) Sem iskala povsod za tak odtenek in se mi je zdel od Essence še najlepši :)

      Izbriši
  5. Kissable ti super paše! :) Mene njihovi blushi sploh ne pritegnejo, moram pa poskusit kakšnega od Catrice, tiste Defining.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala :) Res niso nič posebnega, se bolj splača vzet od Catrice :)

      Izbriši
  6. Imam tega Autumn Peach in mi je še kar vredu, ampak se moram strinjat, da so od Catrice veliko boljši. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Razlika v kvaliteti je vredna dat tisti evro več :)

      Izbriši
  7. Meni je itak najlepši odtenek Autumn Peach. Zanimivo, jaz imam tudi bolj malo Essence rdečil. Mislim, da dvoje ali troje. Včasih so mi všeč bolj nežni in sheer odtenki, sploh s kakšno močno šminko.:) Trenutno sem navdušena nad Elf blush paleto. Zelo dobro pigmentirana rdečila in dobra kombinacija odtenkov za vse priložnosti:).

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Ravno Autumn Peach se dobila in ga sama sploh ne bi pogledala. No pa se je izkazal za najlepšega :) Od E.l.f. imam samo en odtenek, Shy, ampak ga zdaj redko nosim :)

      Izbriši
  8. Oh no, I love my Adorable! I hate it when blushes are way too pigmented or neon-like and this is a really good, pale shade but pigmented enought to be seen. Plus, it looks never chalky or cakey.. I gues I am the perfect client for this one :-D





    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. You're not the only one who loves it :) Sanja from Sparkle with Laughter just put it in her selection of favourite blushes :) But I just don't have the patience to build up the colour, plus I like a bit more colour on the cheeks, especially since blushes tend to fade so fast on me :)

      Izbriši
  9. awesome review; ive seen these blushes in store but i never picked them up because they seem average. Autumn peach is a lovely shade- I may try it.

    50shadesoflizxo.blogspot.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you :) If you're concerned about the quality, Catrice has a peachy blush called Mandy-rine :)

      Izbriši
  10. Kissable and Autumn peach is so pretty. Your blog pictures are stunning. Good review.

    themeticulousperfections.blogspot.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. I have 2 Essence blushes: 40 Natural beauty and 50 Sweetheart and I like them.
    But the best drugstore blush for me is Alverde 05 Pastell rose. I will hit the pan soon :) Alverde blushes are great.
    I found your blog last week abd I love it :) I am reading few articles every evening before I fall asleep.
    Greeting from Slovakia :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I've never tried Alverde's blushes, perhaps I should give them a chance :)
      Thank you, I hope you find it a pleasant read :)

      Izbriši
  12. Indeed an adorable makeup. Those blush-ons add pinkish cheeks that are fresh and elegant.

    Trexie | http://vinamy.com/be-stylish/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. Ah, Adorable. One of my first blush loves :D Mi je pa Kissable zdaj padel v oči, izgleda kot krasen odtenek :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Adorable se mi zdi, da je bil moj prvi blush na sploh :) Pri Kissable me je pigmentacija kar presenetila :)

      Izbriši
  14. Yes, autumn peach looks the best on you! Although, Adorable looks adorable - padumtsch - on you too.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. Love the post ! My favourite is autumn peach.

    Stephanie / stephaniesnotebook.blogspot.ca

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you :) Autumn Peach is definitely a lovely shade :)

      Izbriši
  16. I was looking for the right blush for my cheeks and coming to this review has given me the answer. I guess I have to try this essence blush. Thanks for sharing!

    Monique | http://drtim.com.au/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  17. Oh waw. Just waw. These are so beautiful! Autumn peach looks gorgeous! Great review, girl! :)
    xx

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE