Essie Bahama Mama and Watermelon

četrtek, marec 05, 2015


Bahama Mama 

This might be one of the most popular Essie's shade and for good reason. It's just the right amount of warm purple with a hint of pink, making it the perfect deep berry-ish shade or as I call it Tyrian purple. It's vampy without being vampy and to me a softer, girlier version of Sole Mate. It's definitely a shade worth having in any collection.


The formula does not disappoint either. It's smooth, easy to apply evenly and it takes two coats for full opacity. The brush is just the right width, so it's a pleasure to use. I've become quite a fan of Essie nail polishes, though the price is step (I always wait for a 50% discount)


Sole Mate on the left and Bahama Mama on the right.


Watermelon

I bought this super summery colour in the grips of winter because sometimes you just need something bright and colourful when it's cold outside, right? Watermelon is a bright, warm pink shade, I see it as a more sophisticated Barbie colour. The formula of this shade is too die for good - seriously. If you ever tried Cute as a Button, this has the same formula. So smooth and pigmented, you can easily get away with just one coat. A fantastic nail polish. 

Cute as a Button and Watermelon.

Essie nail polishes cost 9.90 € in DM, but I always wait for a discount. 


My current Essie collection so far. From top row left to right: Spin the Bottle (LE), Mint Candy Apple, Turquoise and Caicos, Cute as a Button, Really Red, Watermelon, Bahama Mama, Sole Mate and After School Boy Blazer (LE).

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Great post!
    I really like the Watermelon one! It is very pigmented and gorgeous shade!

    Nikoleta, xoxo.

    http://nljuljduraj.blogspot.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thanks :) The formula of Watermellon is fantastic :)

      Izbriši
  2. i love essie polishies! i want to own them all.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. They are really nice, but expensive at full price :)

      Izbriši
  3. I really like Bahama Mama.

    I used to have a ton of Essie polishes. I don't know if I used them all, or if they were just taken from me over the years by various roomies.

    My favorite shade of theirs is Jag-u-are, a brilliant red that just feels so vamp to me. It's got a little bit of a gold tinge to it, very comparable to a Chanel shade I wore in high school called Matador. Unfortunately, the Chanel color has been discontinued :(

    Vonnie
    petitefeetblog.blogspot.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. The makeup "snatching" happens to me too a lot :D But I don't mind, they always take things don't really wear often, so in essence they get a better home :)
      My favourite is still Cute as a Button :)

      Izbriši
  4. Prekrasna oba...P.s kar umiram ob vseh tvojih hudih fotkah, prav užitek je spremljat tvoje poste*

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. I really like Bahama Mama. It's beautiful shade. :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Both shades are beautiful, Watermelon will be great for summer! :) x

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Both colours look great! I wanted to get Bahama Mama and Sole Mate on a 1+1 sale, but they were immediately gone :( They're a bit too expensive for me to buy them at their regular price, so I need to wait for another sale ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Bahama Mama barva je izjemna. Zdi se mi popolna za zimo. Lepa izbira barv.

    LEJA

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Watermelon is so pretty! The perfect shade to ring in spring.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous colors! :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE