Essence Longlasting Lipliner 05 Lovely Frappuccino

četrtek, junij 18, 2015


When this whole 90's trend exploded, I was way out of my depth. Everyone raved about Mac's Soar and Brave, while around these parts, where we can't get Mac, it was all about Essence's Cool Nude, Come Naturally and Satin Mauve. I tried the latter to give this very coveted look a try, disliked it with passion and gave up on the trend, dismissing it as not for me. But then Essence launched a new line of lip liners, which includes a shade called Lovely Frappuccino that again became a very popular colour and after a few months of checking it out, seeing reviews everywhere and mostly because my fellow blogger Sara told me to just get it already, I finally parted from those 1.59 € and gave it a go. It turned out to be one of my favourite purchases this year.


Based on the colour of packaging, I'd never picked it up as it's one of the fugliest colour I've seen, but don't be fooled, it doesn't look one bit like that on the lips. It's a natural deep pink/mauve-brownish shade - it is actually very difficult to describe how it looks on me. This shade looks much warmer on other people than on my lips, at least judging from reviews I've seen (I included a few at the end of the post for you). On me it's a bit cooler and more mauve instead of warm brown, so it's closer to what Plum Cake looks on most. If you're struggling with such shades and colours like Satin Mauve look so draining and grey on you, Frappuccino is just for you. I've said this a few times already, but Nadja compared it to Soar lip liner and finds them very similar. 
I've received mixed responses about this lip colour ranging from "I love it" to "it's too dark for you". I've had it for about a month and it really grew on me. Yes, it's a bit dark, but I think it's still fine. I'm very late to the party with such a lip colour, but I don't care, at least I found it.


The texture is the same as at Yummy Berry that I reviewed before. It's a soft creamy pencil that resembles a lipstick, but it's not as soft as their regular liners, also it's not as breakable as Catrice's version. 


Staying power is better than at Yummy Berry which I find surprising. It survived a glass of drink, but when it came to a full meal, it wiped off just from the middle of the lips, however, since it's such a natural looking shade, it wasn't that obvious.


I'm a bit in love with this colour, it just looks like it was made with people that have my skin tone in mind or at least it's such a shade where everything just falls into right place. I finally have a 90's inspired lip colour that actually looks like one on me. So what do you think? Is it a colour for me? 


I got it in Müller for 1.59€.
Reviews from other people: Danijela, NadjaPetraSara and Taya.

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. Zelo lepo zgleda na tebi! Bom morala sprobat kakšnega od teh linerjev, če praviš, da so dobre kvalitete... :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala :) Veliko boljši so kot navadni od Essence in pa od Catrice tisti na navoj :)

      Izbriši
  2. Kako lepo izgleda na tebi. Končno, si ga rabila! Čudno da na meni izgleda skoraj oranžno-rjavo, na tebi je ravno pravšnja barva *jealous* :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala :) Na tebi pa ostalih 99% 90's odtenkov izgleda perfektno. Kdo je zdaj lahko jealous :D

      Izbriši
  3. Ful lepo izgleda na tebi, na meni izpade bolj svetlejši, pa mi je tako kot pride na tebi celo bolj všeč :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala :) Ja, te nude šminke in liplinerji dostikrat izgledajo malo temnejše na meni, ker sem tako svetla :)

      Izbriši
  4. Lepo ti paše :) Na meni je barva straight up vijolična, tako da ni preveč v uporabi :/ Mi je pa ta 90's trend sicer ful všeč, ampak kar ne najdem odtenka, ki bi bil kul na meni.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala :) Satin Mauve je na meni preveč vijola-siv, tako da ga tudi ne uporabljam. Sem pa iskala pravo barvo zame celo večnost :/ Ti priljubljeni odtenki izgledajo super na malo temnejših ljudeh kot sem jaz, ki imajo topel podton, za nas sneguljčice je pa težko najti pravo barvo.

      Izbriši
  5. Not going to lie, I love it and I'm going to buy it next time I go shopping!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It's such a nice cheap thrill :) Other colours are pretty as well :)

      Izbriši
  6. This looks amazing! Love your lashes as well!
    Jennie Emma
    xxx

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you, I really like it :) I can't remember if the lashes are mine or did I wear #HS-43 from Born Pretty, but I think I did the latter :) I talked about them in my latest New in post.

      Izbriši
  7. Yeah, I can definitely feel the 90s vibe :-) I don't really dig the dry-looking finish though.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes, it's very 90's inspired :) I don't find these drying at all. They remind me more of creamy matte lipsticks :)

      Izbriši
  8. Neverjetno lepo zgleda na tebi <3 Jaz sem svojega že skoraj do konca porabila, kar ne morem verjet :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Meni je na tebi tudi zelo všeč :) Moj tudi nekam hitro gre :D

      Izbriši
  9. Res zate narejen odtenek. Popolno izgleda na tebi! <3 :) Jaz ga še vedno poskušam kobinirat z MAC Velvet Teddy pa mi je nekako pretemen. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala <3 Jaz ga nosim kar samega. Sem pa tudi slišala, da je pretemen na meni, ampak meni se ne zdi :)

      Izbriši
  10. Zelo lep odtenek :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. Does this colour came out to be like pinkish, reddish,brownish kind of colour?

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. You're wondering if this formula is available in these kind of shades? Yes, they do, check swatches of other shades here :):
      http://lemakeupfreak.blogspot.si/2015/03/essence-lonlasting-lipliner-new-2015.html
      http://livelifegorgeous.nl/2015/04/essence-longlasting-lipliner/

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE