Trend it up Under Eye Brightening & Base

nedelja, november 22, 2020


This product is not at all what I expected. I was on a market for a new Touche Eclat-like product, so a pen highlighter with a subtle effect. I found only reviews on DM and they are overwhelmingly positive, but I honestly have no idea what to do with this one - it's just an odd one. 


It's a type of a liquid highlighter, but a weak one and it's made out of a transparent blue base with tiny blue shimmer. It's unlike any product I've seen and most such neutralizing product for under the eyes are more likely to be orange, since it counteracts blue and partly purple. I have this redness under eyes since I was a child and blue is not the best to deal with that, but I wasn't buying a colour corrector and I wasn't aware that this is what I'm getting here. 


When I apply this under my eyes on its own, I look like a zombie because it turns my red circles into purple plus it’s shimmery, so this is a strange product. On non red parts of my skin, it does illuminate though, so this one might work for sallow skin, though those colour correctors are more often pale violet. I’ve tried this in a way where I wear it just under one eye to compare it with the one without and did it twice with each of the eyes because I have stronger redness under one. I felt it worked on the eye where I have less redness, but then I tried it on the other one and I saw that it was just the foundation doing its job, so this is not really doing a difference. So colour corrector this is not. It also didn't leave an illuminated, lifted effect like L'Oreal's Magic Lumi Highlighter pen I had before. 


It's also meant to work as a base concealer. It's a hydrating one and not silicone based, so it doesn't assist the concealer to apply more smoothly nor does it hide any lines, but maybe it helps it last longer. It can't say it works since I wear glasses, so anything under my eyes is doomed to fail even with powder over it.


Packaging is like L.O.V. concealer and somewhat similar to Maybelline the Eraser, but just like L.O.V.s version the applicator is stiffer and can't be used for blending like Maybelline's. 

I got it in DM for 3.99 €, which isn't that cheap for this brand. 

This is useless to me right now. Maybe I'll find some other use for it, but it's a strange product. Reviews on meindm praise it, so it might just work on deeper skin tones or I'm just an odd case myself.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE