My New Fragrances

torek, avgust 09, 2011


I've been loving my Euphoria and Escada fragrances and those were actually the only ones I wore for the last year. But I wanted some more variety and I turned to imitation/fake fragrances the likes being sold in Refan/La Gusta. I'm going to be honest and say that I personally don't notice the difference between the originals and the ''fakes'' either in longevity/sillage or in the scent themselves. Sure the bottles are really, really plain, but hey at least they're cheap. Even though I've been in Refan several times, I never bought a bottle for myself, it's always been for someone else. The ones I bought so far are: Chanel No.5 (Love it! I'm so getting a 15 ml for myself too), Givenchy Organza, Gucci Guilty, Pacco Rabbane Lady Million and D&G Light Blue (both for men and women). I already wrote something about some of them here, also the list of the fragrances they sell can be found here.

I Slovenia we have Refan, but I found a chain of shops called La Gusta whilst on a holiday in Croatia. I noticed the bottles in which they keep the fragrances are identical to the ones in Refan. However, the list of the fragrances sold there was a bit different. I was overjoyed to see that they hold the imitation of Escada Magnetism. I bought the 30 ml bottle which cost 60 HRK (8 €). I love it! It's my favourite out of the four I got. Initially I smell some strong fruity-berry notes, but the dry-down is a warm vanilla and caramel with some berry notes still lingering in the background. The scent itself is very, very sweet and strong, so I intend to wear it in autumn/winter. I can't find a website of La Gusta anywhere, hence I have no idea where their shops are. I know there is one in Pula and one in Medulin, perhaps some Croatian readers might know more. I scanned their list of the fragrances they sell, you can find it here.



These three bottle were purchased in Refan (all are 15 ml), I put the labels on them myself just so I know which is which. I got Versace Bright Crystal, Gucci Guilty and Pacco Rabbane Lady Million.
Bright Crystal is the lightest of the three. It's more of a spring/summer fragrance. On me it smells like a bouquet of flowers mixed with some fresh fruit notes. The notes of the original I get are peony, magnolia, yuzu and pomegranate. 
Guci Guilty is the sweetest and strongest in the bunch. I smell peach, pink pepper and patchouli. Notes of the original according to fragrantica.com are mandarin, pink pepper, peach, lilac, amber and patchouli.
Lady Million is my favourite of the three. It's a difficult scent to describe, I get mostly honey mixed with some flowers (african orange flower I guess). I imagine I'll wear it a lot.

I plan to get some more fragrances, but 15 ml bottles mostly. And what are your experiences with imitation fragrances. Do you like them? I hope this post was helpful. Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE