MISSHA Magic Cushion Cover Lasting SPF50+/PA+++

nedelja, oktober 15, 2023

Ever since I tried my first cushion foundation, I've liked how convenient and easy they are to use. No brushes or getting hands dirty, all you need is in one compact. A lot of them also have great ingredients and a high SPF. Sadly I haven't been able to find a shade match yet, so I've switched to BB creams, but I've missed having a cushion foundation. Originally, I was going to buy something else that is available in a lighter shade, but it was out of stock and this was just 5 € on Stylevana so I picked it instead. 


Texture: The foundation is absorbed into the sponge/"cushion", so you don't really see the texture, but removing the sponge or pressing on it with a finger reveals this is a very light liquid foundation, similar to the likes of Catrice HD Liquid Coverage. It blends with ease and holds a ton of pigment in a small amount of foundation. It's one of the more moisturising foundations, so more suitable for dry skin.  


Coverage and finish: A small amount covers so much. It has at least medium coverage, but I apply a thin coat of product. It melts into the skin and looks natural. Finish is satin, but there is a dewy/glass skin glow for a while. My skin is currently dry and just sucks up moisture, so it becomes less glowy quickly, but it stays a bit tacky all day. First time when I applied it, I guess I applied too much, but it highlighted every pore and even wrinkles I didn't know I have - but in a smaller amount (that still covers a lot), it doesn't make the lines or pores look worse.  

Staying power: It lasts well on my dry skin and fades evenly.


Shade: I knew I was taking a risk buying shade #21, as at Missha's foundations I wear #13, #17 and #19. I wanted a different Missha cushion because this doesn't come in  a lighter shade, but it was out of stock or it would take at least a month to even send it. Magic Cushion is sadly too dark for me. It's similar to It Cosmetic's CC in Fair Ivory, so only a shade too dark, but the undertone makes it match even less. Undertone is warm, peachier than CC Fair Ivory, while if I know this correctly, Missha's famous BB #21 has a grey tone to it. 

Scent: This has no scent.


Packaging: The compact has everything you need - a sponge that blends like a dream (I use such sponges also for other foundations) and a mirror. These are so great for on the go, especially in the summer to top up the sun protection (clear versions exist too). The sponge compartment is double sealed to prevent it from drying out. There isn't much foundation in these cushion foundations - that's something you have to accept, plus the sponges absorb so much. When it starts to feel dry, I turn the sponge around as the bottom has some fresh foundation left for a while. You can also just buy refill at such foundations. 

Price and availability: I got it on Stylevana for about 5 €. The rest of Missha's cushions are more expensive. 


I love the concept of these and how pigmented this formula is, plus it has an SPF. Too bad it doesn't come in a light enough shade for me, but I still wore it a lot in the summer.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE