Pink Cheek Stains

nedelja, november 06, 2011


A couple of weeks ago I went a bit cheek stain crazy and bought two. MeMeMe Poppy Tint, a dupe for the famous Benefit Posie Tint (which I also have in a sample size), and Alverde 02 Happy Pink.


In the bottles the colours look quite similar, Alverde just looks a bit more peachy. But swatched on my hand, you can notice the difference. Poppy Pink is a bright bubble gum pink and Happy Pink is a darker coral-pink shade. However on the cheeks, the difference is barely noticeable. Poppy Pink is a much more transparent shade and needs a lot of layering to achieve that discreet, fresh-looking pink flush. Alverde's is much more pigmented, but still it's a very hard colour to overdo. Like a lot of Alverde products, Happy Pink has a very odd scent, to me it's actually quite unpleasant. They both come in a nail-polish-like packaging with a brush. Poppy Tint is almost an exact dupe for Benefit's Posie Tint in every respect. I bought Poppy Tint on mojadrogerija.si and Alverde Happy Pink in DM for about 4 € (it's a part of a LE, I just don't know the name). These are great if you are a bit blush shy and all you want is a discreet pink flush.



As you can see Poppy Tint left a much brighter stain on my hand after I wiped the product of with a tissue.

I treated myself with another Lush bath bomb, this time with Twilight. It has a very pleasant lavender-floral scent, I find it's stronger that at Dragon's Egg. First the water turns into a light pink shade, but then when it reaches the core, into the most beautiful light blue-green shade (I love those kind of shades), inside there also some shimmer, but not as much as with Dragon's Egg (try Google for more images).


Thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ahhhh I'm so jealous!!! We sadly don't have Mememe where I live and I'm not planning to get the Benefit equivalent any time soon... Going straight to ebay to hunt this Poppy tint! hehe

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. MeMeMe's official website ships worldwide: http://www.mememecosmetics.co.uk/ :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE