REN Resurfacing AHA Concentrate

nedelja, julij 21, 2013


REN Resurfacing AHA Concentrate is a product from REN's Radiance range which also includes the famous Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask. I was pondering whether to get the mask or the concentrate and choose the latter because I'm just too lazy with masks  (I'm getting better though). This is my third product with AHA's, the other two being Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner and Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant

The concentrate contains a complex of alpha hydroxy acids with glycolic, lactic, tartaric and citric acid, but also some hyaluronic acid. It claims to be a gentle exfoliator, making the skin more radiant, brighter, more even toned and smooth. It's supposed to reduce appearance of pore size, fine lines, improve moisture retention and promote cell turnover. Their website says you can use it one of two ways - use every day for 1 week and then wait 3 weeks to let the skin complete the renewal process or apply every other night. I tried both and I see no difference between them. I do find it gentle enough to be used everyday, but I follow the instructions.

It is a very light serum and I apply it drop per drop on individual areas of my face. I use four-five drops in total, one on each cheek, another on my forehead and the rest on my nose and chin. I find that it doesn't tingle, it did only on two occasions and even that lasted a second or two, but my skin isn't sensitive at all. It leaves the skin dry to the touch, but moisturised and I don't feel the need for an additional moisturiser. Some people say they use a moisturiser afterwards, some claim it works better without putting anything else at all, I usually use a few drops of Nuxe oil and I see no difference in performance.

I've been using it for two months now and I can report that my skin is smoother, softer and a bit brighter. I can't really comment on radiance, because my skin has a healthy glow since I've been using Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse. I see the biggest improvement on my forehead which used to be uneven and bumpy, but now it's as smooth as when I was using Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair. Another huge improvement that I noticed is that moisturisers and serums work so much better now. My skin retains moisture far better and for the first time I can use powders without having flakes appearing immediately. The old red blemish marks I've had for years on the chin under my lips have significantly reduced to a point I don't really need to use concealer to cover it and a light BB/foundation covers it enough for my needs.

However, as far as congestion goes it did not help with clearing pores or help with any existing blemishes. I still get some and this doesn't help to either reduce them or heal them. I don't notice a considerable reduction of blackheads or in pore size. It did unclog a massive blackhead on my forehead that I had for years, but there is a little hole left behind that is healing very slowly. 


I like the scent, a lot of people say they can't stand and I can't see why. It's just a simple orange slightly alcoholic scent that isn't even that strong. Frankly, I hardly notice it any more. 

Bottle is made from frosted glass and though it feels well-made, I'm always super careful with it not to drop it on the floor (though, it has happened once, but luckily only the plastic lid that comes with it broke). The applicator is a glass pipette, again something you have to be careful with. 

In general I find the result are graduala nd I didn't wake up the first day to notice a massive change that some report (Dermalogica has faster results). But after using it for two months, my skin is more even, softer and I love the fact moisturisers work so much better now. This with combination of the Clarins toner significantly lightened the blemish marks, however, it did almost nothing to banish or help heal any blemishes. I find Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant performs better as far a spots go, but mind you it is also more expensive.

It is a really expensive product, but you do get results. I got it from HqHair for 30€ because I actually had a handsome discount code (It costs 56€ in Müller!). A bottle will last you quite a while and so far I've only used about a cm or two. Get it if you want to lighten blemish marks, get rid of dry patches and/or you want smoother more radiant skin. If you want something to help you with breakouts, maybe try something else.

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Se strinjam z Jano - super review :).

    xx

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Za mozoljčke predlagam BHA kisline. Kar se tiče pa tega seruma, bere se odlično, sestavine mi pa seveda niso pretirano všeč, ne samo alkohol še eterična olja in to citrusov- not good at all :/. Predlagam, da preizkusiš še Paula´s choice in pa Derma E ;).

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Great post, very informative :) I have just gotten this so I wanted to see what to expect. Hope it works just as well for me :)

    xx
    www.mariamui.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE