OPI Nail Lacquers Lisbon Spring/Summer Collection

sreda, junij 26, 2019


Internet tells me Lisbon collection was released last year, but I just got these now. I'm not sure what's the stock situation around the world or even just here, but regardless I took some time to swatch these, even if it is possibly futile and too late. There are/were 12 shades in this collection, inspired by the City of Seven Hills. The had the option of gel nail polishes or classic ones, I got the latter. I got these the same time as Essence's This is Me collection, which are gel formulas and I will say outright they are miles better at application than these OPI ones. I'm no longer impressed by regular formulas, though OPI always delivers quality, but compared to gel formulas these are more fickle to apply, they aren't as smooth and you have to be more careful to avoid ridges or sheer parts. These are still nice enough, for regular formulas they are actually very good, which is particularly apparent at the lightest shade Lisbon wants moor OPI.

Lisbon wants moor OPI

Lisbon wants moor OPI is a very pale off-white violet-pink. It's a pastel, but one that's not overly difficult to work with. It needs two to three coats, depending on how careful you are at application. It reminds of a much better version of Essie's Fiji, which I love to wear despite the most horrendous formula in history. I've already worn this twice, which says something, since I change my nail polish once every 10 days, so it's been on my nails for most of last month. One thing that disappoints me at this shade is that it got chipped on my most used fingers, which almost never happens to me.


 Closer than you might Belém

Closer than you might Belém is a turquoise shade that again reminds me of a worse performing Essie called Turquoise & Caicos. It's the best performing of the three and needs two easy coats. 


 Sun, sea and sand in my pants

Sun, sea and sand in my pants is a bright yellow with orange tones. It needs two, occasionally three coats. I know I'll never wear this because yellow is just not my colour, but if you're looking for a good performing such shade, consider this one if you can still find it.


OPIs cost 12.99 € in my local Müller (for 15 ml), while the Infinite Shine versions cost (a rather unreasonable) 16.99 €. 

Have a great day!

*PR products.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Tale turkizen je prekrasen. <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Bledo bel odtenek mi je zelo zanimiv. Jaz imam vedno rada te off-white odtenke.

    Jaz sem dobila rumenega in enega metalik orančno rdečega in ta rumen me je takoj očarala. Se mi zdi kar tak odtenek, either you love it or hate it. Meni je fantastičen. Formula pa se strinjam, ni najlažja za nanašat. Ampak če se potrudiš, izgleda dobro na samih nohtih. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Lisbon je res lušen :) Imam isto zelo rada off-white odtenke, samo jih ni veliko v naših drogerijah.

      Yup, rumen je res love it or hate it in jaz ga res ne maram :D Me je pa vseeno presenetila formula pri tem, ker so taki ponavadi bolj prosojni. Vseeno se z gel formulami ne da primerjat.

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE