Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara

četrtek, julij 25, 2019


My lovely fellow Slovenian blogger Sandra highly praises this formula because it's one of the rare ones that can hold her lashes curled despite the fact it's a regular formula. I'm always on a search for the cheapest such formula, as so far I've only found Beyu's Beauty Queen, Max Factor 2000 Calorie and Max Factors False Lash Effect Voluptious, all are quite expensive despite being drugstore mascaras. Essence's Lash Stylist Curl & Hold is also decent in that department, however, the formula is almost as hard to remove as a waterproof one, so I avoid it as an every day mascara. I had high hopes that Lash Princess with be just such a formula and to a point it is, but it's not quite as effective in that department as the others previously mentioned, regardless it's definitely a mascara I'll turn to when I want a lot of volume.


Brush: The brush is in a shape of a thin cone and with regular bristles that are densely packed. I'm not a 100% sold on this brush though I get good results with it, however, the tip collects too much product, which if I don't wipe it off can deposits too much in inner corner. I prefer the curved shape of the original Princess Lash. Overall it's still a nice brush that deposits enough mascara fast and if I avoid applying with the tip, combs the lashes ok too. 

Looking straight ahead, so you can see how much of the curl is retained.

Formula: The volume this creates with just one coat is very impressive, although a lot of Essence mascaras do this exact same thing, it's just a common characteristic to their mascaras. So if you like big, long, voluminous lashes head to the Essence stand first, as there're some good choices there. Formulas of both Lash Princess mascaras are like that and the difference between the two is that False Lash Effect is noticeably less wet. This works in my favour because it doesn't make my lashes drop as a stone, the original was in fact one of  mascaras that most weighted my lashes down. In terms of holding my lashes curled, it can't compare to the waterproof I <3 Extreme version or any waterproof formula, but if I curl my lashes well and wait between coats when applying this formula (so it dries) it keeps them lifted enough, about half way. Out of the three mascaras I was testing at the same time, this one takes second place in the curl department, while the Max factors 2000 Calorie wins.


Staying power: I don't know if I'm super lucky because I experienced zero problems with this formula. It lasts all day like most mascaras do on me, I get no smudging, flaking or irritations (I don't have oily skin, that might be it). However, every time I posted about this mascara on IG, I got several messages saying it's a great mascara, but it either smudges, flakes or/and irritates their eyes. My inbox was filled with messages describing completely different experiences than me and I'm glad I got all this feedback, so I can relay other people's experiences here. So if you have oily eyelid/skin or sensitive eyes, maybe it's best to keep away from this one. 

Price and availability: It costs 3.49 € and it's sold in drugstores. 


This an amazing volumising mascara and you don't have to layer it indefinitely to get big, noticeable lashes. It's also not super wet, which is an improvement from the original Princess Lash, however, although I've experienced no problems with smudging, the amount of messages I got about this mascara make the think I'm one of the rare ones, so bear that in mind if you plan to put this on your wishlist.

Big thanks to Sandra for sending me this mascara. You're awesome <3

PS: I recently got the waterproof version of this mascara, which I'll be reviewing in the future. It's slightly less volumising than this one, but since the brushes are the same, the mascaras in general perform very similar. Of course it holds the curl much better, but it's also more difficult to remove. 

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I´m seeing this mascara everywhere and since I´m runnng out of mine, I´ll definitely give it a try!

    https://jasminlen.blogspot.com/

    Jasmin

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. this essence 24ever BOLD volume mascara leaves you with an unforgettable bold eye look for 24 hours. it's formula is enriched with hemp seeds, almond oil, jojoba oil, and vitamin e oil for an eyelash conditioning treatment with each swipe.
    Buy Essence 24ever Bold Volume Mascara

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE