June 2012 Favourites

ponedeljek, julij 02, 2012


We are having a heat wave at the moment here (where I live it's been 37°C) , also it' been quite hot for most of June, so I put my Fantasy and Euphoria away for a while and reached for more summer type scents. My favourites this month were:

Essence Like a First Day in Spring - A very refreshing and sweet scent. As the name suggests, it is a more spring/summer type of fragrance. In the first minutes the strongest note is tangerine and orange mixed with a bit of pineapple, so very fruity and an Escadaish type of fragrance. Later I get a bit of rose and musk, but it's still quite fruity. Staying power is quite poor, I on me less than an hour.

Yves Rocher Mango - Passion fruit - Another Escadaish - cocktail type of scent, so very fruity and sweet. Doesn't last long, though.

Yves Rocher Noix de Coco Malaysian Coconut - It's exactly what it says it is, a straight up coconut scent. Great for summer and it lasts very long on the skin.


It's been all about corals for me (for the most time at least). I've already written a post about my selection of lipsticks for this summer, but these four really stood out the most. At the beginning of the month I mostly wore Manhattan Soft Mat lip cream in 53M. Other most worn lippies were Essence Coralize Me!, Shiseido Glowing Matte PK 224 and in the last week Maybelline Popstick in Tropical Pink (btw a really moisturising lippie).

I bought Dove Deeply Nourishing shower gel just because I wanted to try out something new and I really like it. It's thicker than your run-of-the-mill shower gel, also it smells really nice. I'll keep repurchasing. 

I love the scent of lavender and Weleda Lavendel Entsoannungsöl has one of the most amazing lavender scents. It just smells like a lavender field. Plus it's great for my dry skin and hair.   

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Swivel Stick is the best chapstick I've found. It's not exactly a chapstick, the size of it is more comparable to a glue stick, so you do look a bit weird when you're applying it on the lips. It's more of a multi purpose product, so for everywhere you have very dry skin. Highly recommended.

I received quite a few samples of Eucerin Aquaporin Active Light moisturizer and eye cream. While I find the eye cream a bit too rich (it takes a long time to sink, I don't really like it when a product sits on my skin), the moisturiser is fantastic. It leaves your skin really moisturised and feeling great also it takes seconds to sink in. I like it a lot and I might even purchase a full size (similar product is Vichy Aqualia Thermal serum, but Eucerin's is about half the price).


Orofluido has recently added another product to their line and as I adore Orofluido hair oil I had to try it out. It's called Orofluido Sahara and it's a dry oil that protects your hair against sun, wind and dryness. It has UV filters which is great for protecting your hair against the damaging sun. As I said it's a dry oil, so it's very light and doesn't make my hair greasy. If you ever used dry oils you know what it's like, you can spray a lot of product in your hair and it won't be wet like with spray conditioners. It's smells amazing, identical as the oil, so oriental amber and vanilla. I use it daily to protect my hair from drying out because of the strong sun. It leaves my hair very shiny and smelling amazing. Like it a lot.

And lastly, two things I repurchased - Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse and L'Occitane Almond shower oil. Both two of my favourite ever products. I use Nuxe dry oil mostly as a face moisturizer (non-stop for over a year now, I love it!), this time I bought the 100ml bottle that comes with a spray.

I got the eco-refill of L'Occitane's shower oil. I had two bottles of this, but I lost/forgot one in one of the many hotels I stayed at in France (self high five!). Refill version costs 25€ for 500ml.

Thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Živjo, tudi meni je sivka neizmerno všeč in nisem vedela, da lahko Weledina olja uporabljaš za telo in lase in me zanima če je fajn mastno olje (a moraš biti zelo previden pri nanašanju na lase, da jih ne zmastiš?)
    Hvala

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Jaz večino olj uporabljam tako za lase kot telo, imam namreč zelo, zelo suhe lase. Moji lasje to olje kar popijejo. Tole olje je precej mastno in gosto, tako da če imaš bolj mastne/normalne lase nanesi le kakšno kapljico samo na konice. Lahko pa naneseš po celotni dolžini kot tretma pred pranjem (jaz sicer posežem kar po kokosovem ali pa makadamijenem, ki sta še bolj mastna).

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE