Empties #28

sobota, januar 27, 2018


While I agree with most that in terms of effect this is one of the best mascaras in the drugstore, I find it's too expensive (15 €) and what I resent a lot more si that it's dry within two months. European version also has less product than the US version and it's costs more, which I don't intend to support. There are plenty of similarly great mascaras that I'll buy instead.
Repurchase: Maybe, but unlikely.

My favourite liquid eyeliner and the second in a row I've used up. It's very black, matte and lasts perfectly on the lids.
Repurchase: Done.


BALEA Refreshing Wash Gel
Erfrischendes Washgel
A great and simple gel cleanser with a skin friendly pH that I use as my second cleanser after oil. The only minus is the men's cologne kind of scent (strong and fresh), but I got used to it.
Repurchase: Done.

I've gone through two 30 ml samples that lasted me forever and I really love this stuff because I've been without it for a month or two because I was waiting for my order to arrive and my skin isn't quite as nice without it. It feels like a regular toner, so not one of those luxe K-Beauty ones, but like our regular toners and it has no scent. Regardless I chose a different essence to repurchase, COSRX Galactomyces 95, because I felt it did a bit more and it arrived just yesterday. Both are amazing essences that I think make the biggest change is how the skin looks out of all the new products I've tried and I recommend you try one through samples, since they are very cheap on eBay.
Repurchase: Yes.

My regular moisturiser that I use in the morning under makeup or I apply a heavier application as the last step of the night routine as a sleeping mask. It just agrees with my skin, adds moisture and keeps my skin in check.
Repurchase: Done.


DOVE Purely Pampering Nourishing Shower gel
Coconut Milk
My favourite shower gel. It's so creamy, non-drying and it smells amazing. I've gone through a few bottles of these and every time it gets almost empty, it's so difficult to get the rest out. This should be in a tube or have a pump.
Repurchase: Yes.

BALEA After Sun Duche
A shower gel that has a slight oily texture (so it washes off sunscreen) and a fantastic beachy/holiday scent. It's in the same family as Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess and Guerlain Terracotta, so mostly tiare flowers.
Repurchase: Yes.

BALEA Duche & Creme Coco & Nectarine
This is long discontinued, but I have a few bottles in stock because this scent is just amazing. Why did Balea discontinue this, it's a great peach scent. Formula is the same as other Dusche & Creme by Balea, so not nourishing, but decent if your skin isn't dry.
Repurchase: I can't buy this one, but I occasionally buy other Balea gels, so yes.


SOAP & GLORY Smoothie Star Body Buttercream
I didn't like this as much as I like their Orangeasm version because this is a lot lighter and has a more whipped texture, while I prefer thick body butters that stay on the skin for a long time. It's not like a lotion that just sinks in in a minute, but it does sink in a lot faster than body butters and it nourishes the skin well (mine is occasionally flaky dry and this helps). The scent started to bother me in a while, since it's got a prominent almond note that at times smelled a bit fake to me, but it's a gourmand type of scent with vanilla, pistachio and almond fragrance. I just used it up quickly so I can get The Body Shop instead.
Repurchase: No, I prefer others.

BALEA Rasiergel
Fruity Dream
A staple of mine, I went through so many of these and through most LE's. This one had one of my favourite scents so far, as it smelled like plums.
Repurchase: Done.


L'OREAL Elseve Extraordinary Oil Nourishing Shampoo
I've mentioned this one so many times and I've been repurchasing it for a few years now. It's the only drugstore shampoo I've found so far that works for my dry hair. It cleans well and at the same time leaves it somewhat silky and nourished.
Repurchase: Already done.

JOICO K-Pack Intense Hydrator
One of my favourite hair treatments. The name says it all, it adds an intense boost of moisture to very dry hair. I've repurchased it many times..
Repurchase: Yes.


KÉRASTASE Nutritive Nectar Thermique
I still maintain this is one of the best heat protectant for really dry hair, however, if you don't have dry, thick hair, you probably won't see that much of a point of this product. My hair always needed more care and this works as a leave-in conditioner plus heat protectant in one, so it helps the hair staying nourished longer (my hair doesn't get greasy the longer I don't wash it, it gets drier instead). While this lasted me a long time, it's the price (which is getting higher with years actually) that is the reason why I won't buy this for a long time, plus I found a combination of drugstore products that do the same (Dove Super Quench for nourishment and Balea Wunder Serum for heat protection). 
Repurchase: Yes.

DOVE Advanced Hair Series Quench Absolute Supreme Crème Serum 
Luckily I have a few of these in stock, otherwise you'd be reading a lamentation for one of the greatest, yet difficult to get hair products for me at the moment (I can get it only on Amazon UK now). My dry, rebellious hair adores this stuff and nothing else in the drugstores tames it as well. In short it's a godsend for dry, coarse hair that is never silky. With this I don't even have to use a round brush when I'm blow-drying my hair, it just dries straight with no frizz. It's a silicone cream product, not the lightest, so those with thin hair won't like it (it's says on the bottle itself that's it's for wavy, curly hair which is usually coarse and thick) and it also works amazing on dry hair as a frizz tamer and shine enhancer. If you have Style + Care version in shops, this is the same thing.
Repurchase: Obviously.

OROFLUIDO Sahara
This is sadly discontinued, so a bit pointless to put it here, but it was seriously so good, one of the best things to have when my hair was extremely dry. So I'm looking for a replacement (recommendations welcome). It was an oil in spray type of product.
Repuchase: I definitely would it it still existed.


LADY GAGA Fame 
Edp
I love this fragrance. It's not quite the classic celebrity juice with a fruity sugary vanilla vibe, instead it's apricots with honey as a sweet base and some incense that gives it depth. One of the underrated treasures in the drugstores.
Repurchase: Yes.


Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE