Essence Volume Hero Mascara

nedelja, maj 13, 2018


Essence has a certain type of mascara formula that's in most of their mascaras and I'm referring to that wet, thick formula that is very volumizing and creates big lashes. This isn't it. It's the most atypical mascara I've tried from Essence and instead of volume, it's definition and natural look that's its forte.


Unusually for Essence, the formula is very thin and not a lot is deposited on the lashes in one coat. It's also not a smudgy, messy mascara, nor does it create a clumpy effect. A couple of coats result in fanned out and perfectly defined lashes, but they still look natural, like there isn't much product there. I've had mine for a few months now and it didn't thicken.


The brush is a plastic one with a combination of short and long bristles. It's a very rigid and hard one, so it can be harsh and I poked my eye with it a few times.


This is a simple, inexpensive mascara that creates a natural, defined effect. If you're into that, you'll like this. I still find Essence I <3 Extreme waterproof their best mascara, closely followed by Volume Stylist Curl & Hold.

Volume Hero mascara costs 3.29 €.

Have a great day!

*PR product

You Might Also Like

1 comments

TRANSLATE