Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer

sreda, avgust 10, 2022


This came to our drugstores only in the last year or a couple of years I believe, but it's actually an old product by now. I remember it being very popular in the past, and it's still on the "best of drugstore" lists, though currently E.l.f.'s Putty is more popular. This is considered by some as an affordable dupe for Benefit Porefessional primer, which I have the Pearl version of and it's very good. The latter has a pinky-beige tint (as does the original without the pinky bit), while this is clear, so I don't know how these are considered dupes. Having tried Maybelline, I don't get why it's popular and I think from the drugstore Revlon's Photoready Pore Minimizer is better for the job.


This is a clear and thick gel that feels siliconey-greasy, which I'm not sure how those with oily skin like and it doesn't look matte on my skin, but I appreciate it's not as dry as Catrice's The Perfector Poreless Blur primer I've tried that looks flaky on my normal-dry skin. I just expect such products to be more silicone-dry and it feels so weird to me because it's different. Since it's clear, you can't see it's effect without a foundation on top, it's like I applied nothing. But when I put on foundation, it helps to a degree, but not as much as Benefit or Revlon. For my before/after pictures I used it with L'Oreal's Infallible Fresh Wear and my skin still looked textured. So I'm not very impressed by its ability to hide pores, especially compare to Benefit Porefessional or Revlon Photoready, but it has come handy just for creating a smoother surface for foundations and it's not too dry for my skin. 

Left: Bare Skin. Middle: just primer. Right: Primer + L'Oreal Infallible foundation.

I can't say I've noticed it made my makeup last longer.

I like the simple packaging with a precise nozzle, though I don't know what will happen when the tube will be more empty. There are two version of packaging currently on the market, this is the new one, while online shops are selling the old stock.

It's not useless, but I find it's not as good pore eraser as other primers. It may be better if it were tinted like Benefit or Revlon is, but the greasy slippery formula bothers me too. 
 

It's available in drugstores, but I got mine on Look Fantastic, since they had 3 for 2 offer. Prices vary, but you can get a good deal on this.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE