Balance Me Cleanse and Smooth Face Balm

sreda, julij 31, 2013


This is my first cleansing balm and I don't have a habit of buying expensive cleansers, but I did splurge this time to see how much better they perform in comparison to cheap cleansers that I tend to use. I've been using it for about a month now and the answer is much, much better. My face always felt so tight after cleansing and I had tons of dry patches appearing everywhere until I first started using L'Oreal Miracle Cleansing Oil (which I adore, but sadly it's clogging my pores) and now this one. Now my skin feels much better. 

It has a very runny texture, like an oily gel of sorts and I have to be very careful when opening the lid or it gets everywhere. I want everything clean and perfect like it just came out of a shop, so this bothered me a lot from the beginning, but I learned how to get the desired amount without spilling the product everywhere.
Edit 29.03.2014: I'm on my second tube and I'm not sure whether the first tube was faulty or the change in ingredients is the reason, but the texture is different, in fact better. It's a thick balm and not runny as the first one, but it still has the oatmeal scrubbing particles inside. How it performs is still the same.
It comes in a basic tube with a flip top, which makes it not just practical, but also more hygienic than those in a pot.

It feels like a thicker oily cream when applied to the face. I massage it on dry skin for about 30 seconds. When water is added becomes smoother, though doesn't emulsify like the L'Oreal oil and I massage it for a few more seconds. It has oatmeal scrub particles in it, which are not too coarse, but still do their job. I remove it with a damp flannel that I soaked in warm/hot water. It needs to be wiped off with something, otherwise it will leave a film on the skin. It leaves the skin feeling clean, soft and moisturised, the effect is very similar to L'Oreal oil. There are no dry patches, my skin doesn't get tight and it feels very comfortable. After cleansing, I continue with my regular routine.

It doesn't sting my eyes and I can open them while the product is on my face. It also doesn't make my vision cloudy, for comparison the L'Oreal one does.

To do a proper test, I used it for removing a full face makeup with Estee Lauder DW Maximum Cover and waterproof mascara. It removed all but mascara, so I use a separate oily remover for eye makeup before cleansing.

The scent is not particularly strong and it's quite sweet. If you're from a country where Kraš candy is sold, you'll be familiar with  Kiki candy,  this smells very much like it.


You get a muslin cloth with it, which is rubbish. It's like one of those cloth handkerchiefs and so odd to use with this cleanser. I don't like it one bit. I just use my flannels. For those who aren't familiar with British English, flannels are mini "glove" towels, in American English called washcloths  I have them pictured here(Confusing, I know. I guess most people think of shirts or fabric when they hear the word flannels). When I run out of flannels, I just wet the end of a regular towel. It's the same thing, so you don't need to buy flannels if you don't want to, but they are easier to use.

It's not cheap at 20£ (23€/30$ at the moment) for a tube and I'm still not a fan of flushing my money down the drain, though technically this doesn't exactly wash off completely, so I do forgive it a bit. I got mine on Look Fantastic and you can also get it on Naturisimo. Both have free worldwide shipping. If you want something cheaper and don't mind mineral oil, L'Oreal Skin Perfection 15 Seconds Miracle Cleansing Oil is nice as well.

This is a wonderful product and it's the first cleanser I'd repurchase after they discontinued Nivea Toddies gel (I bought over a dozen of those in a row). However, I'd still like to try some more cleansers as I don't want to just settle on the first balm I tried. I've been checking reviews on makeupalley and Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm is first on my list, because it supposedly removes waterproof mascara. I'd also like to try Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing gel, the famous Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Cleansing Foam and Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil. Oh, I'm so modest...

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Super review, hvala ti :). Sem že razmišljala o nakupu tegale :).

    xx

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Jaz bi ti toplo priporočila LE Cleanse & Polish, ker je cenejši in makeup popolnoma odstrani. Tale balm izgleda zelo lepo, ampak bi bila precej jezna, če bi dala toliko denarja zanj, potem pa morala uporabiti še en drug izdelek, da bi maskara sla dol... Mogoče bos pa bila izbrana v giveaway-u, pa bos preizkusila LE. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Maja, kje ga pa ti kupuješ? Ker poštnina preko njihove strani je oderuška, preko eBaya pa ni kaj dosti cenejši kot tale Balance Me. Resno sem razmišljala, da bi ga kupila, samo je bil povsod drag takrat ko sem gledala.
      Upam, da bom ta srečnica :)

      Izbriši
    2. Jaz ga kupim direktno iz njihove strani. Poštnina je 5.70 funtov, kar ni malo, ampak se mi ne zdi pretirana. Zdaj pri vsakem nakupu dobiš zraven 30 ml Cleanse&Polish + krpico, pa meni vedno dajo še kakšen izdelek (tonik, kremica...). Raje plačam njihovo poštnino, pa dobim zraven še dodatne reči. :) Pa vse skupaj tako lepo zapakirajo, da se res splača.

      Izbriši
    3. 6,5€ je kar dosti za poštnino, še posebej ker je samo iz VB. Ampak če praviš, da so testeji zraven, potem se pa splača. Thanks za info :)

      Izbriši
  3. Super review! Meni ja njihov dizajn tako lep :) Imam pa tudi jaz ogromen spisek podobnih oljnih odstranjevalcev, ki jih želim preizkusiti a zaenkrat še ostajam pri svojem DIY maslu :) xx

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. A mi lahko linkaš recept, če ga imaš? Bi šla sama poiskat, but I'm lazy :D Me res zanima.

      Izbriši
    2. Nisem še napisala recepta, ker še malo sprobavam različna olja ampak nameravam v kratkem napisati kaj o njem :) Drugače je pa sestavljen iz karitejevega in kakavovega masla, čebeljega voska in različnih olj :)

      Izbriši
    3. Aha :) No se že veselim posta :)

      Izbriši
  4. Ko bi vsaj naredili eno olje ali cleansing balm brez vonja. Sestavine so fantastične, dokler ne pride do dišav :(.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Na žalost tudi jaz nobenega ne poznam razen Clinique-ovega, ki pa vem da tebi ne ustreza :/

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE