Catrice Luxury Lacquers Holomania C1 Holo Manolo

petek, marec 07, 2014

We finally got a few minutes of sunshine today, so I got the chance to snap a few pictures of Catrice's holographic nail polish. Granted, the pictures aren't the best and the holographic effect is more obvious in person, but that's the best my camera can manage.

Holo Manolo is a silver holographic nail polish. There are several other holographic shades in the Luxury Lacquers collection, I remember teal the most, but I went for the most classic one. The formula is quite thick and sufficiently pigmented so that it needs two layers to be fully opaque. The holographic effect is not the best, it's adequate and noticeable, but perhaps not quite strong enough.
I have another silver holographic polish in my collection, one by Depend in the shade 2025, which is much sheerer, requiring at least three layers for full coverage, however, the holographic effect is stronger and prettier. 

I don't own an Aqua Base for holographic polishes or anything similar, so this is an application over a normal base that I use - Bionature 3-in-1 nail polish.
Holo Manolo was 3.79 € (28.90 kn) in Müller. I bought the Depend one a couple of years ago in DM.

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I have depend's holo polish too, but I paint it over black or white base color, and droping few drops in water and dipping fingers in is also the way you can try it (like a water marble technique). That is how I use it to make any polish into holo polish :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thanks for the tips! I'll sure be using them :)

      Izbriši
  2. wow, barva laka je čudovita ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Oooh these are definitely good dupes! And cute also, especially very cute :-)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Ooo, kako lep lak... Pa pomojem k vsemu paše, samo k zlati ne..

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE