Makeup Revolution Vivid Blush Lacquer O'Boy

petek, maj 02, 2014

Cool toned light pink blushes are rare in my makeup collection and after trying this blush, I'm starting to wonder why. If you read my latest New In post, you'd have seen the swatch of this shade already as well as the rest of products I've received. I'm sure at least some of you will find these Vivid Blush Lacquers "suspiciously similar" to Make Up Forever's HD Microfinish blushes or even E.l.f.'s Studio HD blushes, but hey, who are we to judge people who offer us an affordable, quality blush. 

Texture: a light, silicone based gel/cream blusher.

Pigmentation: This is super pigmented. I need the smallest amount and it's best applied with a stippling brush so you can gradually build up the colour on the cheeks otherwise it can look clownish fast. I'm super pale obviously, so someone darker should adjust amount accordingly, but I doubt a lot of people would have any problems with this showing up. You can apply it with fingers, though it that case it takes longer to blend so you're not left with a round circle of colour on the cheeks and it's a lot easier to overdo.

Colour: a pastel blue-toned pink. It's one of those Barbie-ish pinks that perk up the face by giving a proper pop of colour. It looks so adorable in combination with a pink or nude lip colour, my favourite combination is with Revlon's Lip Butter in Sweet Tart

On the lips: It's pigmented enough to be used on the lips and you can get full opacity. The texture is light and on the dry side, so a lip balm on top is advisable for anyone who tends to get dry lips. On me this shade looks that scary pastel cool toned lavender pink (similar to YSL Rouge Volupte 7 Lingerie Pink or MAC Viva Gaga), basically a shade I should never, ever wear. It's strange how much better it looks on my cheeks. However, on my cousin's lips it looked more neutral and actually wearable.

Packaging: It's a blush in an airtight bottle with a pump that is easy to control. Even though the amount you can squeeze out is very small, it's still too much for me, but I'm not complaining. Sometimes I press the pump and no product comes out, so I have to press a few times, but then it works again.
Staying power: It's excellent. Of course, it also depends on the base you're using, but I it did last all day once, which is not that surprisingly giving how strong the pigment is and that it's staining.

This is my favourite product out of the ones I've received. It's a wonderful intensive blush of great quality and I really like the shade on me. There are several other shades available and I hear that the shade Rush is a dupe for Daniel Sandler's Watercolour in Flush (review and swatches on Cityscape Bliss here). 

Tekoča rdečila Vivid Blush Lacquers lahko dobite na Ličila. si za 4,95 € in so na voljo v več odtenkih.
Vivid Blush Lacquers are available in Makeup Revolution store.

Have a great day!

*The product was sent to me as a gift and no conditions were set.

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. This looks fantastic on you! I don't think I would get on with a product that pigmented haha

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you :) Yes, pigmented formulas are not the easiest to work with, especially if you have such pale skin as me :)

      Izbriši
  2. Odtenek ti zelo paše:) Mi je zelo všeč tudi na ustnicah:) Zame je preveč hladen:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala :) Na ustnicah je zelo hladen odtenek, na licih pa ne tako :)

      Izbriši
  3. Oh všeč mi je pa super ti pristaja! :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Vidim, da je ''slabo'' da smo dobile tako različne stvari, ker si kar spisek delam za novo naročilo :) Krasen je, pa tudi Rush sem mogla it prečekirat in ga dodat na listek :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Jaz imam odtenek Rush in me je presenetil, ker mi običajno ''rozasti'' blushi niso všeč, ampak je tudi krasen :) V prihodnosti pa verjetno kupim kakšen bolj oranžkast odtenek ^^

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I have read that you used Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner, please can you tell me have you used Clarins Toning Lotion With Iris? I bought it, and I foundhis ingrid. at http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_c1d962976.html . Can I get pigmentation from this product, because I have got some pigment. and I am afraid? Thanks:****

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes, I'm still using Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner, but I never used the Iris version. Based on these ingredients it won't cause pigmentation. It looks just like a regular, moisturising gentle toner, while Brightening Toner has glycolic acid in it and that together with sun exposure can cause pigmentation. The Iris version should be ok for you :)

      Izbriši
    2. i used effeclar duo 2times last week on few acne, and on the t zone i have had pigmentation, the weather wasnt sunny, so i dont know how it happend. U didnt use creme with spf factor, because i got few acne. Also i uses active oksigen instead of lotuin, so i dont know how i eared pigmentaton. Do you have any idea what to do?

      Izbriši
    3. Even in cloudy weather UV rays can damage your skin, especially if you're outdoors long. Effeclar Duo has acids in it, which made your skin more sensitive to UV.
      I don't have problems with pigmentation, but I hear retinol can help, though some people are sensitive to it. I've heard that rosehip oil can help too. And of course, wearing SPF.

      Izbriši
  7. Sounds like a wonderful product! I've been interested in liquid/cream blushers lately for summer so I think I'll give this one a go too. Glad I came across this!

    www.itskristiee.blogspot.ca

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Ko sem videla tvoj swatch, sem ga na koncu kar naročila, res je prekrasen, ampaki dvomim, da ga bom uporabljala na ustnicah. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. You sound veeeeery enthusiastic, yay!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Dobila sem isti odtenek v oceno in se ga ob prvem nanosu kar prestrašila, nisem vajena rožnatih izdelkov na sebi, pa še tako je pigmentiran, da sem seveda v prvo prav krasno pretiravala. :D Ampak je res super izdelek, lep flush naredi na licih, zadnji teden ga redno uporabljam. :) Na tebi pa itak krasno izgleda, ker si tako svetla. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Ja res je zelo pigmentiran. Ga nanašam res počasi :)
      Hvala :)

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE