New in #48: What's in my Mail

sobota, september 24, 2016


REVLON Ultra HD Matte Lipcolour
600 Devotion
Though I was initially very excited about the launch of these, I was pretty disappointed when I heard these aren't actually matte, so I didn't plan to get any, but now that I have one, the fact they are more like lip lacquers doesn't bother me because the formula feels very comfortable on the lips and I'm not that concerned it'll smudge everywhere, though it leaves quite a mark behind when drinking or eating. It feels like someone melted their Ultra HD lipstick, but added even more pigment and reduced the shine factor. The finish is creamy-glossy from the start, but it slowly fades into a slightly shiny formula and it can even look matte after its sufficiently worn off. These again have the most gorgeous scent ever, as they smell like Planica ice cream just like the lipstick versions. Staying power is actually surprisingly good and it lasts several hours on the lips, fading to a very decent stain. Devotion is a medium pinky shade that's in the same colour family as Milani's Darling and if you scroll down, you'll see it on my lips. I'm pleasantly surprised, but I still find these expensive. 
Click2Chic, 12.25 €


L.A. GIRL Pro. Conceal HD Concealer
Porcelain
I got a new brand to explore, since L.A. Girl is now sold in Slovenia. This concealer is mega popular and hyped up everywhere, plus it has a high rating on Makeup Alley, so I had to give it a try. I got the lightest shade Porcelain, which I swatched next to most of my concealers and Essence's get picture ready concealer in 10 is the closest, so light with a pink undertone, but in the packaging is looks a bit orange. It has a good medium to full coverage, but not as good as Collection's or Nars' concealer, but if I layer it, it covers spots decently. It sets fast on the skin to a sort of a matte-satin finish, which I'm surprised about as I read this supposedly creases because it moves. It wears ok, without slipping and emphasising pores, but it doesn't hold oil at all, so I'm pretty shiny at the end of the day. The packaging is almost exactly the same as Rimmel's Match Perfection concealer, so a tube with a brush applicator, but it could be better because that brush isn't terribly good.
Click2Chic, 5 €

L.A. GIRL Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss
Dreamy
I've seen swatches of these everywhere, but mostly on Pinterest and any matte liquid lipstick makes my eyes sparkle, so I'm glad I got to try a new one. I picked the lightest shade in the bunch called Dreamy, which I think might be the most popular one and it's actually very similar to Sleek's Birthday Suit (more mauve) and theBalm Committed (more pink). It's that good mix of nude-peachy-mauve and a hint of brown, so it's a very modern shade. The formula is a creamier version of Sleeks at application, but it dries to the same type of finish - very matte with a tendency to feel tight on the lips, if you're sensitive to that. It's also sticky, which some see as a big problem, but unless I don't really press my lips tightly together, I don't notice it for the most part. If I press my lips a lot, it becomes very patchy. It's not the best matte lip cream, but it's not unwearable as long as you're not fussy about it being potentially drying. Sara swatched three shades here.
Click2Chic, 5.51 € 


L.A. GIRL Pro. Setting HD Setting Spray
While I was exploring LA Girl, I came across a good review for this setting spray and I had to put it on the list to try. It's a mini setting mattifying setting spray that promises prolong the wear of makeup and I was actually surprised how well it held up, as at the end of the day, when I was removing makeup the cotton pad had a ton of foundation on it, which usually doesn't happen. It feels wet at application, but dries fast enough, so it actually isn't that different for my other setting spray by Urban Decay. As far as mattifying power goes, I'm still not sure I detect a difference, it definitely doesn't make the skin properly matte like a primer or powder would. It doesn't have any obvious scent. If I feel like it, I'll make an all-day test with pictures of makeup at the end of the day.
Click2Chic, 6.25 €


WET N WILD Proline Felt Tip Eyeliner
Fine
This came at such a great time, since most of my liners started rebelling at me and I heard such good things about this one from Emily, so I had high hopes for it. It's a mini liner as it's a few centimetres shorter than others I own, yet it contains the exactly the same amount of products as Stila's (though only a half of Milani's). The nib is classic, medium sized and slightly rounded at the sides and nice for drawing lines, though I feel it could draw a bit sharper flicks (spoiled from Superstar, I admit). The formula is nicely black and matte, the liner draws with ease with no gaps, so basically I really like this and I would put it in my September favourites, but I want to see how it holds up long-term before I label it as a favourite. Staying power is a winner too, as it lasts like my favourite liners, so to the end of the day, it even survived tears, but I did wear WnW's primer under it. Will see how long it lasts before it dries up. Closest I can compare it too is to Essence's in terms of the applicator and to L'Oreal's in terms of the formula.
Click2Chic, 4.49 €


WET N WILD Photofocus Eyeshadow Primer
I only have theBalm's version and this is a thicker, more siliconey primer. You only need a tiny dot of product for both lids, so a tube should last forever and it's a skin tone shade with no shimmer, but I don't notice it covering much of unevenness. So far I can definitely see that it improves staying power of eyeshadows a lot, but it's a type of primer that makes the eyeshadow stick to the lids like glue basically where you put it, so it takes more effort to blend it out if you don't use a skin-like shade on that area before blending (I tend to apply eyeshadow straight on the primer close to the lashes, so it really sticks to it and is intense, but put a skin toned shade in the crease, where the main colour needs to blend out). It makes the eyeshadow more wet looking than theBalm's, which is to be expected considering the difference in formulas. It grew on me quickly.
Click2Chic, 5.99 €

Eyeshadow: L.O.V. THE Glacious Stylo Eyeshadow 910 Bronze Leaf, Eyeliner: Wet n Wild Proline Felt Tip Eyeliner

WET N WILD Coloricon Brow Shape
A Clear Conscience
I don't do brows, I've told that many times, so I'm not an familiar with these type of products, but this is basically a brow wax in a jumbo pen form. It's transparent, so appropriate for everyone and it's very waxy meaning it holds the eyebrows in place. It doesn't leave any visible residue on the eyebrows, but you can feel it's on. It tames the eyebrows, helping them keeping shape, but it doesn't do miracles when it comes to hair that might grow in the other direction in the front. I haven't tried it in combination with a coloured product, since I don't have any.
Click2Chic, 2.49 €


WET N WILD Coloricon blush 
Apri-Cot in the Middle
I heard a lot of good things about Wet n Wild blushes (mostly from Beauty by Emily Fox) and I can see why. Just like I expected, the pigmentation is nice, it applies and blends well. The shade is very peachy, therefore not the best choice for me, as it can look too orange on me (I'd pick Rosy Champagne for me), but it has a great glow. It's got gold shimmer in the style of TheBalm's Mary-Lou, so it's pretty intense. It might be similar to Milani's Luminoso, but I'm not sure.
Click2Chic, 3.99 €

WET N WILD Megaglo Contouring Palette Contour 
Dulce De Leche
I did not plan to get so many contour kits and somehow ended with three in just one month, this one was the latest, but they appear to have their moment in the drugstore ranks. This is an interesting one because both shades are matte, meaning also the highlight side doesn't have shimmer, making it more like a more pigmented setting powder. Both sides are very pigmented, smooth, but swatch slightly chalky, however they apply and blend ok, though I need an extra minute with the contour. The shade of the highlight is slightly yellow, while the contour is a lot warmer than for example Catrice's version and it's more like a hazelnut brown shade, while my skin needs more grey-taupe shades for proper shading (NYX Taupe wins for me). Regardless, it actually didn't look off in pictures, as you'll see in the review, but I don't think I can wear this as a contour for my skin tone. This actually works very differently than described on me - it's a setting powder with coverage/bronzer duo.
Click2Chic, 5.99 €


BEAUTY UK Eyeshadow Collection 
No.7 Naked
A simple nude palette with 10 neutral eyeshadow that are a mix of four shimmers and six matte shades. Pigmentation isn't this palette's forte, especially when matte shades are concerned, though shimmers perform ok. Top row consists of mostly matte light-medium shades that end up very similar on the lids, but the second row is already more promising. The three shimmery shades in the bottom row are nice, but the last two matte are a bit chalky. I prefer to apply these with fingers to get maximum pay-off.
Ličila.si, 6.95 €
Koda BEAUTY-UK vam na Ličila.si prinaša 15% popust na neznižane izdelke Beauty UK do konca oktobra.

BEAUTY UK Ultimate Contour Chubby Stick
No.1 Medium Contour and No.3 Beige Highlight
Contour sticks are all the rage right now, though I haven't heard much about these. There are two versions of the shades and I think I got the lightest contour and the warmest highlighter. The contour is a similar brown shade with some cool undertones like Catrice's Stick duo, it's only a shade lighter, while the highlighter is a beige-gold shade with a similar natural glowy effect as again Catrice's stick. Both are very creamy and easy to blend, and actually they really aren't that different than Catrice's version, so on the pictures they look quite decent. I tried the whole full face contouring with these and I don't find it the best for contouring the nose, but for shading the cheekbones it's ok, however, a bit too warm for my skin. The only thing that I have an issue with is that these feel siliconey greasy to the touch on the skin, so I would use a powder product over them. While Catrice's duo is cheaper, it only contains 3.4 g (it's disappointingly small), these have 6 g each.
You can see this duo on my face in the previous post where I'm showing you the camera.
Ličila.si, 9.95 € (each)


WET N WILD Foundation Brush 
A very classic flat foundation brush. It's not too stiff, but also not very soft and it's thicker than my other such brushes (The Body Shop's and Real Techniques'). It applies foundation ok, but it's not the quickest and you have to fix the streaks by going over them a few times. It feels well-made and the handles are shorter than usual, which is good news for those who wear glasses. It's the best such brush I own, but I'm still not a fan of them. 
Click2Chic, 3.99 €

Eyeshadow: L.O.V. THE Glacious Stylo Eyeshadow 910 Bronze Leaf (over Wnw primer), eyeliner: Wet n Wild Proline Felt Tip Eyeliner, cheeks: Wet n Wild colouricon blush Apri-Cot in the Middle, lips: Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolour 600 Devotion

WET N WILD Powder Brush 
A very soft brush with long bristles, which is definitely foremost a powder brush, but it could be used for a light dusting of bronzer and more pigmented blushes (it works with Wet n Wild's one), I even tried it with a contour powder and it works for a light, diffused look. It's thin in profile, which makes it suited for applying blush and contour, however, it's very soft, meaning it's not for precise application, which is to be expected from a powder brush. It's a nice quality brush for a low price and so far I haven't experienced any shedding. 
Click2Chic, 3.99 €

WET N WILD Eyeshadow Brush 
A very basic blending brush, while I assume they made it as an all-purpose brush, it's not the best for packing colour on the lid because it's too fluffy. It's very soft and but also enough dense for an eye brush, so I use it mostly as a blending brush. It's my favourite out of the three.
Click2Chic, 1.99 €

*All are PR products, some of them selected by me based on my interests and good reviews. No links are affiliate.

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. You got some amazing products here! The LA Girl matte pigment in Dreamy was horrible on me, it was the driest product I have ever tried and made my lips so dry I could not stand it, it was so uncomfortable. Too bad cause the shade is amazing, but the formula isn't.

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I don't find it terrible, but my lips are never dry. Maybe give theBalm's Committed a go? It's a similar shade, but one of the best matte liquid lipsticks I've tried :)

      Izbriši
  2. Revlonove mate šminke so se mi takoj zdele zanimive. Zdaj vseeno ne vem, če naj kakšno vzamem ali ne. Sliši se sicer dobro. Sama itak nimam rada izredno mat izdelkov. Všeč so mi tudi njihovi nude odtenki :).
    Potem se LA Girl korektor ne useda v gube? Ker meni se sliši kot dober za pod očmi. Vsepovsod ga zelo hvalijo, zato mene tudi mika.
    Wet n Wild rdečilo se res bere kot Luminoso. Se že veselim ocene ;).

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Drage so, to je edino slabo pri Revlonovih šminkah. Drugače me je pa zelo presenetila obstojnost, ker sem avtomatsko pričakovala Catrice-Essence verzijo kvalitete, ampak se res dobro obdrži, pa sem zelo tečna glede teh stvari :)

      Niti malo se mi ne useda v gube, pa nisem dala nič pudra v prahu čez. Sploh nima tiste extra kremne teksture, ki se ne bi posušila na obrazu in bi potem lezla v gube. Edino z mozoljev pa res zgine prehitro. Zdaj sem prav zmedena zaradi tistih ocen. Najbolj mi je podoben Rimmel Match Perfection verziji kolikor se je še spomnim.

      Ta blush je zame preveč peachy, ampak mi res izgleda ala Luminoso style :) Ne vem če mi bo uspelo šimer ujet s fotoaparatom.

      Izbriši
  3. I definitely agree that the REVLON Ultra HD Matte Lipcolour is a good product. Personally, it's not my most favorite lip product out there, but I do love the color selections that they now sell. Great review! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It pleasantly surprised me, considering I fully expected not to like this given my pet hate for "matte" lip products that aren't actually matte. The shade range is pretty standard, but out the all the shades, Addiction is the only one I would considering getting :)

      Izbriši
  4. looooove this blog post! I want wet n wild brushes. I've never seen those in black b4. thanks for sharing!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you :) I didn't even know Wet n Wild had brushes, this brand is fairly new here and before I only heard about the hyped up products like their lipsticks and eyeshadows :)

      Izbriši
  5. Love all the little stack reviews, very helpful. I'd been wondering about that L.A. Girl Setting Spray so thanks for the info.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Definitivno bi rada probala izdelke Went N Wild, ki jih do zdaj še nisem.
    Ne morem pa mimo Revlon glossa, danes se ustavim na Click2Chick. :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Od Wet n Wild se zelo splača preizkusit njihova senčila, ker so odlična :)

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE