Maybelline Fit Me Concealer 15 Fair

petek, avgust 22, 2014


There is so much talk about this concealer. Some refer to it just as a great drugstore buy, some find it HG and some even compare it to the much more expensive NARS' Radiant Creamy Concealer. I wasn't particularly impressed by it from the start (mainly due to the shade), but my impressions did improve with further use and though it is not one of my favourites, it's a decent concealer.


Texture: It's quite a light concealer, especially from what I'm used to when it comes to the texture of these doe foot versions. It is definitely much thinner than Collection Lasting Perfection or NARS Radiant Creamy concealer, in fact, I find it closest to Maybelline's The Eraser. This means it's easy to blend and you have more time to work with it. It's one of those concealers that isn't too drying, but at the same time not too liquid/creamy, so it works under the eyes as well as on spots and I like that a lot. 


Colour: Oh, the disappointment. I fear Maybelline has difficulties grasping the meaning of the word Fair. FYI Maybelline: it's a really pale shade with no orange, so the opposite of what you did (yes, I'm being evil now and no, I'm not sorry). 15 Fair is the darkest concealer I currently have in my collection. I think the swatches speak volumes and confirm my claim about it not being particularly light. In general it would fit someone with a NC/W 20-25 skin tone and just FYI, though there is a shade called 10 Light, it is in fact darker (swatches here).


Coverage: It has a medium to full coverage, but it's not like Collection's or NARS' concealer that's for sure. It's nice for covering circles, but needs to be layered to completely cover spots and the accompanying redness.


Staying power: It lasts decently, not all day like NARS or Collection, but it fades ok and doesn't look patchy.

Packaging: A simple tube with a doe foot applicator. It doesn't leak and works fine. Nothing more to add.

Some say that Fit Me is essentially a dupe for NARS' concealer - it's not in any way a dupe. Maybelline's is simply too light and doesn't cover as well. What I find being a very close approximate to NARS is Collection Lasting Perfection concealer of which I already spoke in a review


Price and availability: Mine is from Feel Unique for 7€, but it's widely sold in drugstores (including in Croatia, Austria and the rest neighbouring countries. Yet again we are the only exception in Slovenia. I want to take this opportunity and thank Slovene importers for continuously pissing me off. That's why I take my money elsewhere). It's sold on Salma for Slovene readers if you want to take a risk and guess your shade.


If the shade fit me (see what I did there?) I'd really like this concealer. The texture is nice and the coverage is fine for me to use under the eyes. However, I have to use quite a dark foundation and self tan to be able to use the bloody lightest shade in the range. Lovely. But if you can find a matching shade, it's a nice concealer to have. I am staying a firm fan of The Eraser.

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Tvoje trepalnice so prečudovite! *.*

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I don't think I've tried anything from Maybelline besides a Colorama nail polish. I know they're revamping their range and their new nail polishes look very nice, but somehow I tend to favour Essence and Catrice.
    Thanks for sharing.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Všeč mi je kako je spisano:) Sem zato, da se blogerke podpišemo pod skupno pritožbo uvoznikov. Res katastrofa. Jaz ne morem kupiti skoraj nobenega pudra in korektorja v naših drogerijah. Res enostavno ne razumem, kakšne predstave imajo o slovenski populaciji in naši polti.

    Kar se tiče korektorja je mene tudi zanimal, pa sem bila prepričana, da bo seveda pretemen. Jaz imam rada boljšo prekrivnost korektorja, če že podlaga vsega ne zakrije. Pa tudi podočnjake imam včasih kar temne:).

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Se strinjam, ker to ni čisto normalno da ravnajo z nami kot drugorazrednimi potrošnicami. O pudrih pa sploh ne bi začela, ker me z odtenki iritirajo do amena. Ampak meni je najmanjši problem naročit z interneta iz druge države, pač gre moj denar tam.

      Meni so tudi bolj všeč zelo prekrivni korektorji, zato sta mi Collection in Narsov top.

      Izbriši
  4. Meni je tale res super, ker mi še najbolj prekrije podočnjake. Ga pa zdaj ko imam malo barve ne morem uporabljat, ker mi je preveč rumen in ''pretežak''. Si bom pa v Londonu definitivno privoščila Nars-ovega, pa da vidimo to čudo :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Nars je še težji, ampak meni je briljanten :)

      Izbriši
  5. The before and after says it all! The result looks great. And uhm, your lashes are INSANE :-)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Super objava:)Jaz ta korektor iščem že vsaj mesec dni in ga ni nikjer:@ jaz v murski še posebaj težko najdem produkte,ki jih vidim na blogih in bi jih z veseljem poskusila,če pa že pa imamo od npr.8 odtenkov podlage,korektorja samo 3 kar me zelo jezi in si zeloo zelim spremembe-.-žalostno,da moramo naročat stvari z drugih držav

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE