Physicians Formula Nude Wear Glowing Nude Powder

petek, januar 05, 2018


I'm not that big on finishing powders, in fact I rarely wear them and so far I've only liked two. The first is Bourjois Poudre de Riz Java, which I actually don't use that much anymore mainly because it's a loose powder and I prefer the less messy compact ones, so I use this second one from Physician's Formula a lot more often. The thing about powders and my skin is that they make my foundation cake up later in the day, so they are like a backstabbers that apply nicely and mattify, but then make the skin look so weird and make the makeup so obvious. Bourjois' Java and Physicians Nude Wear are so far the only powders I found that look natural on the skin and don't make me want to take the whole makeup off. Of course, I still want to try the universally loved Hourglass Ambient powders, but they are difficult to get as well as ridiculously expensive.


It's a mix of four warm shades and the shimmery writing is just an overspray that disappears within the first two uses (just like at the blush from the same line). I have a shade called light, but it's basically translucent and doesn't add any colour. This one looks very light on the skin, like there is nothing on, but it mattifies the shine and gives a bit of radiance back, so it's not flat. This is one of those rare powders that doesn't wreck my foundation in time. It doesn't make it looks heavy or caked up, it doesn't emphasize pores and lines, so they would look like giant craters and it doesn't cause flakes. As far as mattifying properties go, I don't need a lot, since my skin isn't that oily through most of the year, but I have my doubt about this being good enough for oily skin.


The packaging is the same as at the blush, which I reviewed a while ago. It's a beige faux leather design with a rose gold bow and on the inside, it's muted pink satin. On the other side of the blush there is a very handy, decently sized mirror that is actually useful and a mini brush, which isn't the best for applying powder, but it's good if you have nothing else. 


So this or Bourjois Java Powder? Both are great for drugstore, but Java powder is a loose powder, so harder to deal with and it contain sparse glitter, which can show up if you overdo it. I think both are great and if you like setting powders that have a bit of radiance to it, you can't go wrong with either, just decide what format you'll prefer to have. If you're looking for a great mattifying powder these definitely aren't it, but they are great setting powders that prolong the staying power makeup.

Mine is from iHerb where it cost $13.63 excluding shipping.

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I have the beige one. I saw it for 1.99€ and couldn't leave it there hahaha. I bought it because i thought it was a highlighter... i have combo skin so i don't know how it would show on my skin. I will give it a go x

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Wau, that's some seriously good price for it :) I think highlighters in this line have a darker shade of the packaging, but I'm not sure, I just know that highlighters exist too. My skin has only a moderately oily T-zone and this works ok, but I don't see it holding back a lot of oil.

      Izbriši
  2. I've heard good things about this physicians formula ♥ product... Going on my wish list now..... ☺

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE