Essence Go for the Glow Highlighter Palette

ponedeljek, september 24, 2018


This highlighting palette exists in two versions, a cool and a warm one. I have the latter called 02 the warms and apart from one shade, it's a cool palette, so this whole range is more suited for those with a cool undertone. These are described as holographic highlighters with a metallic glow.


Texture: These are soft, buttery powders with an intense shine on the skin, though shades differ in quality. First shade is by far the best in the palette with a metallic eyeshadow-like texture, in fact I have used it as an eyeshadow and it works great, while the other two have a less creamy, more of a classic powder type feel to them. 

Shade 1

First shade is a rose gold or dirty gold and it's the only I consider wearable and the one I use often, but it's already quite dark for my pale skin tone and I need to blend it out, so it doesn't look like I applied an eyeshadow on my cheeks. The glow is the strongest in the palette and it has fine shimmer that it doesn't look obviously glittery on the skin, but due to intensity it also doesn't look natural, just like the other two in the palette. I already made nice dent into this shade and it's not just because I use it frequently, but more because it's very creamy.

Shade 2

Second shade is a sci-fi-looking medium violet shade with blue shimmer or glow and it's just completely unwearable as far as I'm concerned. On my skin the violet-blue hue is visible, so it's a shade that's an eyeshadow for me. None of the shades are holographic, but this shade could be described as duchrome since it's a violet-blue combination.

Shade 3

The third shade is a pale pink with violet shimmer. It's paler, less sci-fi looking than the second shade, still I don't wear it because it's just too cool.  

Packaging: These are stored in a cardboard box with a big mirror and a magnetic closing system.

Price and availability: The palette costs 6.49€ in drugstores


I'm impressed by the metallic look of these, especially the first shade has an amazing butter formula, but it's a collection of bold shades that are hard to pull off, apart from the first warm highlighter. Essence has a Glow to Go Highlighter palette, which based on swatches I found online looks like it has similar texture as these, but it comes in a much more wearable collection of shades. I'll probably give that one a go because I'm really impressed with the quality of these powders.


Have a great day!

*PR product

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE