Clinique Even Better Refresh Hydrating and Repairing Makeup Full-Coverage Foundation

torek, januar 07, 2020


I found this randomly when I was checking Müller for all pale enough shades for me and it was one of five testers I took that day. This was the second most impressive formula right behind Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra Wear, which I also got, though this one didn't impress me enough to consider buying it the first time, but after I gave it another try I went online the same day and ordered a tube. I tried shade WN01 Flax (lightest in a local Müller), which was a shade too dark for me, so I ordered the lightest shade 0.75 Custard. This is my favourite high coverage foundation because it looks less obvious than similar formulas, but I of course still prefer my light-medium coverage formulas for days when my skin doesn't need a lot.


Texture and coverage: Based on the name and how it looked in the shop I expected a tinted moisturiser type of product, but this is definitely not that. It's a thicker foundation that's easy to blend because it's so moisturising and it blends into the skin well, though at this one I do my double blending method where I first apply it with a brush or sponge and then take a clean sponge and go over it again. Coverage is at least medium, or even medium-high. I use concealer only on spots and under the eyes if my circles look terrible that day. It feels tacky from the start and eventually settles, but with a rich moisturiser under it, it stays tacky for ages.

Pictures of Flax, not Custard.

Finish: Depending how much you apply it, it can look dewy or satin. With the amount I use, it's a satin one that doesn't look too heavy. It looks good over pores, lines and it doesn't crease, but I have to be careful with this one not to apply too much powder over it because it can look obvious quickly. 


Shade: 0.75 Custard is a not the palest shade I have, but light enough for me. It's got a yellow undertone similar that looks strong when swatched in a thick coat, but it's not obvious on my face. WN01 Flax, which is the second shade, was more neutral and a shade darker.

Staying power & wear: The wear time of this one is very impressive. Even without powder it holds on for over 8-9h on me (I stopped checking after that), which is amazing, especially for a moisturising formula. I'm a frequent face toucher and this doesn't rub off. This is the most long lasting formula in my collection.


Packaging: This is packed in a slim tube with a metal cap. Since the formula is thick, it's not a messy one.

Price and availability: This is insanely expensive in my local Müller, over 45 €, even though on US website its price a more reasonable 32$ (about 28 €). I got it on Look Fantastic when they had a 20% off code, but regular price is £24.00 (also about 28 €). Why Müller changes so much is a mystery, so go online. 


I'm not one for high coverage formulas, but I like this one. It's not too heavy looking, it covers a lot and it has a fantastic staying power. The best part for me of course is a pale enough shade, even though it's more on the yellow side, but it blends in just fine. This is one of those underrated foundations that you rarely hear about, though it is fairly new, but I'm glad I found it. 

Have a great day!   

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Looks so good!
    Happy new year!
    :) Srečno novo leto!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. anna.meyer20@yahoo.de15. maj 2023 ob 15:57

    You do awesome reviews with so good detailed pictures!
    May I ask what of all products you have tested has the most dewy fresh and wrinkel smoothing finish? I am also very fair with a cool neutral undertone and usualy prefer organic clean beauty and once found the perefect BB cream by the brand Whamisa. But it discontinued and the new bb cream is really aweful.

    I checked most organic high end and tried some normal high end foundations (NARS, Bobbi Brown) but they are all kinda disappointing in finish. They all have stronger coverage and are long lasting but never a smoothing fresh finish.

    It is kinda sad that the bb cream trend cooled down in the west and what is still available is never fair enough :/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I don't recall trying anything organic - not because I don't want to, but because I try foundations that are light enough for me. Most dewy and wrinkle smoothing you say? Most dewy are Bourjois Healthy Mix and Oriflame Giordani Gold Pure Uforia - but none stay dewy on me, foundations turn matte in time on my skin. Wrinkle smoothing at the same time? I don't remember any foundation hiding wrinkles. Foundations either show me wrinkles I didn't know I had or just don't make them worse.

      A while ago I tried Max Factor Radiant Lift, which was sent to me in ridiculously too dark shades, but my mom used them up and it's really nice foundation, doesn't slip into lines and if I remember correctly, has tiny shimmer in it that adds a glow, but it wasn't obviously sparkly. If that formula didn't break me out and I had it in a matching shade, I'd love it so much.

      Izbriši
    2. I'd mention Missha's BB M Perfect Cover BB Cream RX, but it looks like it was discontinued. That one is like Healthy Mix, but with better ingredients and an SPF. I just ordered the new Missha BB and I hope it's as good.

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE