Essence Guerilla Gardening TE Lip Cream Floral Glam

ponedeljek, maj 13, 2013

Floral Glam is one of the two lip creams from the Guerilla Gardening TE (the other colour is Mission Flower and a fellow blogger Taya posted her swatches of that shade here). I already did my review on lip creams here and because it's the same formula, it's pointless to write it all over again (I'm lazy I know), but I'll rather focus on the shade. 
It reminded me of Lady Danger (currently my favourite red) in the shop, not in a sense that it would be a dupe, but in the same colour family. Floral Glam is an orange based red. Compared to Silky Red, which is the red shade of lip creams in the permanent range, it's warmer, more orange and slightly lighter. It's very pigmented as the rest of the lip creams.

I swear I'm not that pale in person, but I was wearing black, plus the dark hair, so my camera had a "lets use maximum contrast" moment, which I tried to fix (the picture had even more contrast originally), but the shade of the lip cream is true.

I did a comparison of most of my reds - on the left are blue based reds (Mac's Ruby Woo, Russian Red and Manhattan's mat lipcream in 45H) and on the right orange based reds (Mac's Lady Danger and MUA lipstick in 13), with the exception of Silky Red, which is very neutral, but leaning to blue. As I suspected in the shop, it's similar to Lady Danger, but NOT a dupe. Lady Danger is more orange, however, the difference on the lips is surprisingly not that noticeable especially from far away. MUA 13 is also very similar, but less orange and more of a true red. Basically Floral Glam is a mix of the two, Lady Danger and MUA 13. However, as most lip creams it oxidises in the next hours. It turns slightly darker and is much less orange. It becomes a lot more neutral and for that reason I would refrain myself from calling it a dupe for any of the shades I mentioned. But if you love orange based reds, you'll love this shade and you should snatch it while it's still in the shops.
I hope you can see the difference between the shades, I do on my screen:

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. I so like posts which tell me why I don't need something (obviously, there are dupes for these, I own one of them) :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Ojoj, sovražim rdeče in oranžne odtenke na žalost :D
    Ampak tebi paše!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Meni so pa to najlepši odtenki, prav v veselje mi je rdečo šminko nosit :) Pa hvala :)

      Izbriši
  3. odlične primerjave! in zelo lepo ti paše tale rdeča :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. I love that color! I can't believe how pigmented these creams are, still wishing we get LE items in the US. Hopefully sometime soon :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It really is beautiful and I just love lip creams :). It's a shame you don't get LE. It's one of the best things by Essence - fun, creative and affordable :)

      Izbriši
  5. Full ti paše! Res je lepa..

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. thanks for the review! i tend to stay away from everything that remotely looks like lipgloss, but this lip cream seems interesting.. and to the drugstore we go :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. These lip cream are more like liquid lipsticks. Some are matte, but the Essence ones have a more creamy finish. I'm not a fan of lipgloss myself, but I love these :)

      Izbriši
  7. Jaz tega rdečega nisem vzela, ker se mi je zdelo, da bo preveč podoben tistemu iz redne linije, ampak zdaj vidim, da ni. Super primerjava. Trenutno sem v bolj pink/fuksija obdobju, kar se šmink tiče. Ti pa rdeča res lepo pristoji in tvoji lasje na fotki izgledajo amazing! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Pa skoraj bi pozabila, hvala za omembo. :)

      Izbriši
    2. Sem se tudi sama malo bala, da bo preveč podoben, ker pod lučmi v Müllerju je bolj težko videt razliko. Hvala :), za lase imam pa samo eno besedo - Kérastase, ta stuff je super :)
      Pa ni zakaj :)

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE