Essence Stay 8h Matte Liquid Lipstick 05 Date Proof

ponedeljek, junij 08, 2020


I can say just one thing about this formula: in my opinion and based on my experience it's just the repackaged previous such product by Essence Colour Boost Mad About Matte Liquid Lipstick. Even my shade is the same as the one I have from that line. Those were in these cute paint tube-like packaging, while these come in more boring tubes and they changed the applicator too. I will basically just copy my review for Colour Boost. 


Texture:  Formula is one of the thinnest such liquid lipsticks, but it's fully opaque with one coat and it sets properly matte in a minute, becoming completely transfer proof, but it sets into this layer that you are constantly aware is on the lips and for those with dry lips, it will feel very tight. I can deal with it just fine, but for a lot of people this will be an uncomfortable formula to wear. 


Shade: 05 Date Proof is almost identical to 05 Dangerously yours. I think the difference might be just in the fact that Dangerously Yours is older and the formula is now beginning to separate (same happens at Nyx's formula). It's a medium muted pink that's pinker and darker than Deborah Fluid Velvet 02 and warmer than Maybelline 15 Lover. I loved Dangerously Yours and I like this new shade too, obviously. 


Staying power: You'd expect Essence would improve at least this because Colour Boost formula was one of matte lip creams that doesn't last amazingly well on me. This performs the same. It hardly survives eating, though drinking is mostly fine.


Scent: It's got the same sweet candy-vanilla scent as its predecessor.

Packaging: is now a basic tube that's similar to those of NYX and The Body Shop. I miss the old cute ones, but I'm not that bothered by it, but I am about the applicator. The previous one for a nice hourglass design and I love this, the new on is a larger one, which makes it more clumsy. 

Price and availability: It costs 3.29 € and is sold in most drugstores. 


I don't know what was the point of this update. They didn't improve anything. But I like the colour and I'll wear it, still I would not recommend this one to anyone who has dry lips a lot because this can be very uncomfortable. Catrice's new Pro Ink liquid lipsticks are better when it comes to comfort, but the same in terms of staying power.

Have a great day!

*PR Product.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I'm not tohat fussy about matte liquid lipsticks but these feel horribly drying on me haha

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yeah, these aren't terribly nice even on us who can deal with matte liquid lipsticks. Shame because their first such formulation was lovely :)

      Izbriši
  2. Honestly speaking, it is looking beautiful and perfecting giving complement.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Although I'm not much into this stuff, I really enjoyed reading your blog. Very well curated.

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE