GOSH Mineral Powder

nedelja, april 16, 2023


 Someone recommended me this who has a similar skin tone and knows finding the right for pale skin still isn't easy. My skin is normal-dry, so I wasn't too keen on the idea of a powder foundation, especially since L'Oreal Infaillible Fresh Wear Powder Foundation didn't turn out the best for me, but I was assured this is suitable for dry skin. It's been years since I owned a mineral foundation - actually I only had a few samples from Everyday Minerals, but never a full-sized version. We got a Gosh stand in my local Müller last year, so I tested the shade, saw it matched and then I ordered it online where it's much cheaper. 


Texture: I'm sure you know what mineral foundations are like - a powder that feels almost creamy when swatched on the skin. It can be a messy process to learn how to apply and use this, since powder can fly everywhere, but by now I'm more adept at applying it and I can quickly buff it in the skin using a flat kabuki brush. Usually I go for one layer and a bit extra under the eyes. I use a flat kabuki from a limited edition by Catrice, so it not available anymore, but I'm sure there are plenty similar brushes. L'Oreal's Powder didn't want to stick to my skin and it was hard to build coverage, but this Gosh has the texture I expected from L'Oreal. It sticks to the skin well and can be build up without problems. I had a couple of occasions when it looked powdery, so now I apply a bit extra skin care to compensate for the lack of natural oils.


Coverage & finish: Coverage is surprisingly good and buildable. It's capable of covering red blemish marks and under eye circles, but some of my darker freckles are visible. It tends to look quite natural and for a powder, it takes away greasy shine from skin care, yet it doesn't look flat matte. 

Staying power: It lasts ok on me and doesn't wear off in an ugly way.


Shade: I got the shade 002 Ivory. It fits my pale skin, though it can look deceptively orange when I'm blending it in the skin, but after it's applied, it matches my neck.

Packaging: This has one of those swivel doors systems. I tip some powder into the cap so I can evenly distribute it on the brush. Getting enough product is slow going and I wish it had a mesh system like some random powder from Primark has. 


Price and availability: I bought mine on Notino for 10,20 €, while it's about 16 € in Müller. 


While it took some time to get used to the application, I like how this combines good coverage and a powder for me, so I pick it up especially when I'm in a hurry. It has about medium coverage, a non-flat matte finish and the shade is light enough for me. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I definitely need to try this powder. It looks amazing <3

    LOVE | Monica from https://www.themonicalaurent.com/

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE