April Favourites, Updates and Wishlist

nedelja, april 30, 2023


I have the bigger Stone Cold Fox and Bare Necessities palettes, but I often reach for this one, especially in the last month. I've criticised the shimmer shades before and yes, they are not as good as in SCF, but I've grown to like them more. There's no such shades in SCF, in fact I feel that palette lacks more such "lid colours". Constrictor is my favourite as I love old gold type of shades, but I've been wearing the other three lighter ones more often - I think they got a bit better with use, as I've gone through the top layer. Mattes are as good as in the SCF palette - pigmented, smooth and they last well.  


ALVERDE Swirly Rouge 
15 Candy Pink
I never buy anything from Alverde and I would have never known this existed if I didn't see it on DM's website because I noticed it's not in stock everywhere, so I had to pick it up in a DM I don't normally go to. This is a drugstore gem! It's super pigmented, it even works without foundation, which might be a weird thing to say, but most powder blushes don't stick on the skin well without something under it. Colour is an intense pink, which is doesn't lean to peach like most shades in our drugstores and those light pink stripes add a nice level of glow. You can see how it looks in this video (FB, IG and Tik Tok).  

DEBORAH MILANO Powdered Hi-Tech 
64
These have been on the market forever and I think I used to own one or at least they were around when I first got into makeup - they are so underrated and no one talks about these, but this formula is no different than the almost double the price Milani's Baked blush (price here in Slovenia. USA has them for 11$, we have them for 17 €). It's a baked blush in a warm pink shade with tiny shimmer. It looks smooth on the cheeks, has nice pigmentation and a subtle glow. 


My lip colour of choice for this April. It's lighter than the shades I usually wear, but it's one of the best nude shades I've found for my skin tone. It doesn't turn too orange-peachy on me, nor is it pink and it doesn't make me look dead. Formula is nothing special, but a classic moisturising, creamy formula that doesn't as last long as matte shades, but it's good enough. 

One of my favourite shades and formulas. Colour is a nude powdery pink, very close to my skin tone in depth, just in a more pink version of it, so a good neutral I can wear for any occasion. Application is smooth and needs two coats for an opaque look. 


I almost lost this concealer when I took it with me for a makeup on a go and while I was looking for it made me realise I'd be sad to lose it because it's really nice and it's no longer easy to get in Slovenia. Here it was replaced with Skin Awaken, which is also a great formula, actually very similar to this one, but I like the ingredients list of this one more and the packaging as well, since it has a nicely shaped doe foot applicator. It covers well and doesn't end up drying my under eye area after it sets. Shade isn't my best match and it's the lightest, but when it's blended it's ok. It has a bit of niacinamide, vitamin C (Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate), aloe vera, green tea extract and some caffeine.

I been using Revlon's newest micro eyeliner, which is nice and doesn't need a makeup remover, just warm water, but I picked up this one after a while and it's still my favourite. Not only is it cheaper, but it also lasts longer. It's intensely black, matte, long-lasting and has a nice applicator. I've used up numerous tubes by now and I always have a backup in stock. 


NUXE Huile Prodigieuse
A very old favourite. I've become a bit lazy with my skin care and have been skipping the last step for a while now, which has for many years been Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse. Actually the thing is that even if I avoid applying this around the eyes, inevitably oil ends up on the lashes and that makes my glasses dirty and so I need to apply this just before going to bed and naturally I forget because I'm too tired. But I started picking this up again and almost immediately my skin became nicer - it just likes this formula. It's feels better and looks a bit nicer too, just like it always does when I use this oil that's why I've loved it for over a decade. I've been using the Florale version since it launched, which has a spring floral type of scent, but before I was using the original, which also smells great, I just got so used to the scent I didn't notice it anymore. I use this oil just for the face, but it can be for everything. 

UPDATES


SUBRINA Colour Refresh Mask
Cold Brown
I have massive roots since I last coloured my hair in January. I want to give my hair a break from constant bleaching and toning, but I don't want to put a permanent colour over my blonde hair and I'm way too cheap to splurge for a shadow root or reverse bayalage (I can't do it myself. I tried and failed), so I had an idea to test the only two shades of Colour Refresh I haven't worn yet and see how they work on blonde hair. I was told by Subrina that Cold Brown will leave a green cast on blonde hair, but luckily that's definitely not the case - in fact I think these may just cover grey hair even though Subrina says they don't. I tested both Warm Brown and Cold Brown on hidden strands before doing this change. Warm Brown ended up a lot more red, which I was tempted to use all over, but it wouldn't go with my dark brown roots. Cold Brown ended up better than expected, though I missed some parts (I should have applied it with a brush) and my natural colour is almost black, but my roots are far less obvious now. This is a tinted hair mask which washes off in time, so I plan to use it regularly until I'm ready to bleach again, as with it I avoid any extra damage that a permanent colour could would cause, especially on already colour treated hair. I've tried every shade so far and these always washed off completely on me, colour also came off those hidden strands, so I'm almost certain my blonde colour will come back when I start washing it off, though it will take a while and I hope it washes evenly, though it usually sticks to the top part more than the ends. I don't love myself being brunette, but it's better than sporting massive roots and an uneven blonde colour. As far as formula goes - personally I wish it were better. It's not nourishing enough for my hair and it's silicone free, so I had difficulties combing my hair after I washed it off. Normally I mix it with Pantene, but that's when I want a more pastel or lighter colour and here I couldn't do that. My hair is very thick and super dry, so I'm a special case when it comes to how nourishing a formula has to be for it to work and Subrina's conditioners in general are praised, so you can dismiss my experience about it being too light. I'm also not a fan of the metal tube which is hard to squeeze when it's near empty and your hands are covered with product - these really need to be larger and in a soft plastic tube. Compared to Moroccanoil Color Deposit masks, these are more pigmented and they wash off better, so despite that Moroccanoil has a shade Cocoa, I'm scared to try it because shade Lilac I own, didn't wash off completely even after two months (there were some remnants on more hidden strands) - formula is better of course. Colour Refresh are only sold in Slovenia, Croatia (online from Slovenia on clic2chic.si) and Montenegro (Mil-Pop), so if you want to try to do something similar yourself, you can find a similar product like the before mentioned Moroccanoil and also Wella and Schwarzkopf, but I haven't tried them.
My other looks with Colour Refresh: Magenta, Red, Violet (on medium blonde hair), Violet again (on light blonde hair), Rex mixed with Warm Brown, Magenta as a pastel, Orange mixed with Red and Warm Brown and Orange on its own. 


Warm Brown is on the right and like I said, it ends up quite red. These two shades are actually meant to cool down or warm up and refresh washed out brown colours. I only left it on for 10 minutes here, so Cold Brown looks lighter. I left it for over 15 minutes when I applied it all over.


SCHAEBENS Niacinamid Tuch Mask
I said I'll report back when I use this. I liked it and I think it's better than the Milch & Honig mask. To be fair when I tried that one, I wasn't using A'Pieu Madecassoside Fluid 2x yet and I was skipping Nuxe oil, so my skin wasn't as nice as currently, but I felt this one made my skin a bit brighter. Sheet is thin fit okay-ish. It's a bit big, but my face is small. There was plenty of essence and it didn't dry out while on my face, so when I took it off I had enough to apply it all over my body. It has AHAs, but it must be a very small amount as I felt nothing. It's a nice one for pampering and ingredients are good.   
Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Dipropylene Glycol, Allantoin, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Carnosine, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Glycolic Acid, Malic Acid, Saccharide Isomerate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sucrose, Tartaric Acid, Trehalose, Urea, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylic/Capric Glycerides Polyglycerin-10 Esters, Citric Acid, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyacetophenone, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Parfum, Propanediol, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Lactate


It's been almost a half a year since my IG account was deleted and the other one I made a month later too. I'm hoping enough times has passed for me to fly under the IG radar and I made a new one @matejas.beauty.blog. Let's hope it sticks. For one it's already lasted longer than my second, which was removed after 3 days. I explained everything in this post, but I haven't mentioned yet that Blogger also removed one of my posts and flagged one as containing improper content. Since then I haven't been able to download my blog backup, which is just awesome. Pinterest also removed one of my pins with a picture from the blog that was taken by me and had my watermark and claimed it's not mine. Weird. I've been posting my usual "story reviews" on FB in the meantime, so I was still doing my thing. 


Since I started doing videos for FB, I made a Tik Tok account too, though I was reluctant to do it because of all the controversy surrounding it, but here's my account.

WISHLIST


DEBORAH MILANO Super Blush - these are just getting a new packaging. Deborah has two kinds of powder blushes, ones are baked like the one I have and these are classic ones. Packaging was outdated, so I can see why they made a change. I'm not sure if the shades changed too, but I plan to check these out and try one if I like any.  

REVLON Iluminance Skin-caring Foundation - a new foundation by Revlon that I have no idea if it will be sold here or not, but I find all of the popular Colorstay formulas I've tried (the classic ones for normal-dry & combination-oily, and Full Coverage) and PhotoReady Candid too dry for my skin and this is finally something that looks hydrating, which may work for me. Hopefully the lightest shade matches Colorstay's 110 Ivory.  

MELEM Lips & Cheeks 2 in 1 Tinted Lip Balm & Blush - this looks interesting. I'm definitely getting one or both of the two shades I saw on DM's website. Hopefully they are nice and not too sheer.

CV Rose Reinigunsöl - a new affordable cleansing oil I saw on Müller's website. It's almond oil based. I hope we have it here or that we get it in the future. 

SCHWARZKOPF TAFT Overnight Wave Me Wonder - another interesting thing. I often do overnight curls, but they lasts about an hour and I do it more to reduce the frizz. This might make them last longer. Hopefully it doesn't make the hair too stiff or sticky. 

BALEA Beauty Expert Azelain Booster - Nice to see Balea is expanding their Beauty Expert range, which is very reminiscent of The Ordinary, which were trailblazers when it comes to such skincare, but I like brands jumped on this bandwagon. I have TO's Azeliac acid, which I'm not a fan off because of the texture. This Balea Booster is best suited for those with redness, hyperpigmentation and spots.

REVLON Colorstay Suede Ink - Revlon already has brilliant matte lipsticks, but I guess they wanted to make more. I hope we get these here, they look interesting. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Happy about you have Instagram account (again) 🤗

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Let's just hope it doesn't get erased again :)

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE