Top 5 Drugstore Conditioners

torek, november 26, 2013


I'm more of a salon brands buff myself, but that doesn't mean I don't use drugstore conditioners. I've tried so many and not a lot actually impress me, but these are the five I think are some of the best drugstores have to offer. These are for those with dry(ish) hair or ends, who don't want to track down salon treatments, but just grab one in a shop and go, of course not spending much. However, if your hair is really dry like mine, I would highly recommend using a leave-in conditioner since these are not as moisturising as salon brands, especially when it comes to how long the hair stays hydrated. From my personal experience, I highly recommend Healthy Sexy Hair Tri Wheat Leave-in conditioner. It has fantastic long term results and it makes a massive difference by itself (apparently Lauren Conrad loves this. I didn't even know that before as I'm not a fan of any celebrities, really). 

This is a very old favourite of mine and actually out of these five, it's the one I've been buying the longest. I've repurchased it numerous times and there have been rare occasions that I didn't have a tube of this in my bathroom. It feels quite light and is runnier than the others, yet it is moisturising enough for my dry hair. It leaves the hair feeling very silky when I rinse it off, but there are two other things that it excels at: shine and scent. It gives by far the best shine out of these five, but I should mention this is JF's line created for brown hair. The scent is divine, like a mix of coconut and caramel, but not sweet rather a bit more sophisticated. This is the only conditioner/mask after which my hair smells nice for days as normally my hair never retains the scent of the conditioner or shampoo I use for more than a few hours.

Price: 8.49 € for 250 ml in Müller and DM (also available on Feel Unique for 6.36 €/5.09 £). Picture of the ingredients here.
Best features: shine and lasting scent.

This has fantastic results for a drugstore treatment. It leaves my hair feeling really soft and nourished - a similar result as if using a high-end mask. The effect of the conditioner lasts a few days and my ends look surprisingly well for quite a while, which doesn't normally happen when I use drugstore stuff. It has quite a unique texture, something like a medium thickness gel-cream hybrid and feels slippiest out of the five. It smells quite strongly of Hubba-Bubba fruit fantasy bubble gum tape. The packaging is awesome, no screw off or flip lids, just squeeze and the product comes out. Of course, I leave it on longer than 3 minutes, like any other conditioner/mask before rinsing it off, but that's just me.

Price: 70 kn in Croatia's DM (about 9 €) for 250 ml. Widely available in the USA and UK for much cheaper. It's also available in some DM's in Germany and Slovakia, but I don't know about other countries.
Best features: longest lasting results and best effect. 

Dove Oil Care Nährplege 1 Minute Kur-Spülung a.k.a. Nourishing Oil Care Express Treatment Conditioner
This is the thickest drugstore treatment I've tried. It's almost like toothpaste and it even looks a bit like it because of the two colour stripes, white and yellow, when you squeeze it out. As with John Frieda, I bought countless of these and there is always a tube of this in my bathroom. It's a great drugstore find for dry hair for an affordable price. The scent is again very pleasant, along the lines of a typical Dove scent, but a bit better.

Price 3.99 € for 187 ml. I buy them in Müller.
Best features: a thick and rich hair treatment for an affordable price.

Herbal Essences Bee Strong Conditioner
A recent find for me and the most affordable out of the five. For the price it is actually quite good. It's thicker than the Hello Hydration mask (another HE product that is really nice) and moisturises well even my dried up hair. It smells fruity-floral with a hint of honey, which is nice albeit a bit generic. My only gripe is the packaging. I've used about 2/3 already and it's getting really hard to squeeze out the product. I'd prefer it in a pot, which in fact does exist, it's just not sold here. 

Price: 2.45 € for 250 ml in Müller.
Best features: best value for money. 

L'Oreal Hair Expertise Ever Riche Mask Pot 
It's not the cheapest in the bunch, especially for the amount you get, however, it's a great drugstore treatment for dry hair. It's medium consistency, which doesn't make it too heavy, though in the conjunction with the shampoo from the same line, it could weight down your hair if it's not that dry. The scent is a sweet caramel one (it reminds me a lot of a old DM's Reell'e products for brown hair) and it's quite strong. I love it comes in a pot because I can get every bit of it out. Ingredients here.

Price: 7.99 € for 200 ml in Müller (also available on Feel Unique for 8.74 €/6.99 £).
Best features: nice results and best packaging.



You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. I'd love to give that John Frieda conditioner a try. I use the Luxurious Volume conditioner at the moment and I really like that one.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Haha ravno podobno objavo pišem...o šamponih in balzamih.
    Dove je meni res dobr, tale John pa sm sprobala par izdelkov, med drugim balzam za blond lase in mi je kr neki..

    Pa ful so mi fajn te objave :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Sem imela tester tega za blond lase in se strinjam, da je kr neki :)

      Izbriši
  3. Za Friedo si zmeraj mislim da ni kul (pa sploh še sprobala nisem), ampak očitno sem se motila :)
    Herbal mi je pa za to ceno zelo dober, ampak še nisem prišla do faze kjer je iztiskanje težko :P

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Tole je pa super objava:) Bom zagotovo preizkusila kateri izdelek, glede na to, da so cenejše variante:) Dove me trenutno najbolj zanima, ker si napisala, da je zelo gosta, take meni delujejo bolj hranilne:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala :) Dove je druga najgostejša maska kar sem jo sprobala, gostejša je Tigijeva S Factor Serious Conditioner, ki je izjemna. Imam pa enako mnenje kot ti, gostejše se mi zdijo boljše :)

      Izbriši
  5. Dove sem začela uporabljati potem, ko sem prebrala oceno na tvoje blogu in sem zelo zadovoljna z njim. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Tud js uporabljam Dove vse od kar sem ga zasledila na tvojem blogu. Bom sprobala še katerega izmed teh :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I only tried a sample of Aussie's conditioner which was enough for 2-3 uses probably, but I liked it too.
    Have not tried the others, as with curly hair I usually skip conditioner and stick to hair masks.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'm more into hair masks as well, but in terms of hydration and texture these are comparable to hair masks. Especially the Dove one which is really thick :)

      Izbriši
  8. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle je moj holy grail! Edini conditioner, ki mi naredi lase res mehke. :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Od teh poznam samo Friedo, imam istega za blond lase in mi je res super, pa noro diši <3 Sem imela pa tudi od Herbal Essences Hello Hydration (moder) in mi je bil en boljših kar se jih da v drogeriji dobit, sem takrat ves čas kodrala ali ravnala lase, pa nisem imela nič scepljenih :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Oh, Aussie... še vedno se nisem uspela dokopati do njega. Moram v Zagreb kmalu... :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. Aussie balzam sem prvič zasledila tukaj na Švedskem, ampak ker je cena precej visoka (približno 14€), se raje odločam za alternative. Čeprav me vedno bolj mika. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. What about Pro Naturals?

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. Your description is really very fascinating for people who have the big issue of hair loss. I cannot stop myself to thank you for giving the idea of good products and their advantages.

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE