Empties #6

četrtek, marec 27, 2014

It's been only a month since my last empties post and again I managed to accumulate a double post worth of products. Again this will be in two parts otherwise I might lose your attention somewhere in the middle. As always blue text are links to either original reviews, additional information like prices, ingredients, more pictures and swatches.
I had the shade number #2 which was a bit too dark for me if I wasn't self-tanning. This is a very rich and thick BB with medium to full coverage that is fantastic on dry skin. If you're the one with parched skin and dry patches, this is great. Applied with a big buffing brush such as E.l.f. Powder brush it makes your skin look flawless. The staying power of this BB is really good, it pretty much lasts all day, in this respect it's bested only by Estee Lauder Maximum Cover in my stash of foundations. It also has a mini beautiful cream coral blush in the lid and a mini mirror. I like light-feeling foundations and I dislike ones that take more than a minute to dry/set like this one, so that was my main complaint. I did like it because of the coverage, staying power and it was great in colder months, but tackiness is a turn off.
Repurchase: Perhaps.

I used up both tubes of my absolute favourite concealer for under the eyes. It feels light and looks like skin while still covering enough to hide my under eye redness. Some may not like it because it has more of a medium coverage or they may find it too creamy, but I truly love every bit of it. I even love the sponge because it really cuts down the blending time.
Repurchase: Yes. I already went to Croatia in search of it only to find they don't sell it there any more, so I'll have to resort to eBay. 

Normally I don't like cleansing foams at all, but this one is seriously good. It feels so soft and it's absolutely lovely to use, however, the floral scent is too strong for my liking. So far this is my preferred choice for a morning cleanser, however, I'd like to find something cheaper and better smelling.
Repurchase: Perhaps.

Wonderful product. My skin loves this cleanser. It's gentle and feels rich, it cleanses the skin while leaving it really balanced. The texture is perfect as far as my preferences go, my complaints are that it only comes in a 30 ml version and the frankincense-churchy scent mixed with D&G Light Blue, but scents are subjective and my cousin informed me I was out of my mind and that it smells fine.
Repuchase: I would, but I get more bang for my buck if I buy Balance Me Cleanse and Smooth Face Balm.

I don't think I can go without it in my skincare. It's a toner with glycolic acid that keeps my skin, mostly forehead, smooth and clear. Even at the "delightful holy women's days" (can you detect the sarcasm?) my skin is pretty much always clear. It feels moisturising despite the high alcohol content due to the glycerine in it. This has become a staple in my skin care routine.
Repurchase: Already did.

I love this moisturiser, this was my third tube so far. It's light, yet really hydrating, it sinks in fast and it's a great base for makeup. The scent is very gentle, a typical pharmacy cream one. 
Repurchase: Of course.

Quite an attractive sight, isn't it? This massive 400 ml pot only lasted me two "sessions". I love the idea of a wax that hardens and you just rip off, but unfortunately this isn't very effective. Ever if I went through the same area several times, it only removed about 1/3 of hair. Also there could be more spatulas included. The scent is a bit weird burnt-plastic-like, but nothing too annoying.
Repurchase: No. I'm wondering if there are better versions or is this as good as it gets?

Part 2 a.k.a. Empties #7 will follow soon.
Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Uf, kako ti uspe tako hitro porabiti toliko izdelkov? Meni se zdi, da traja celo večnost preden izpraznim kakšno tubo, lonček ali kaj pdobnega :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Ne vem, kar nabira se :) Imam pa tudi dosti stvari, ki so že kar pri koncu :)

      Izbriši
  2. Meni tudi zelo hitro uspeva sprazniti izdelke, razen dekorative, si spet delam prevelike zaloge.
    Eucerin Aquaporin je pa super!

    Glede voska poročaj če dobiš kakšnega, jaz mam zdej sladkorni vosek iz DMja, Cleopatra, 200 ml stane 7 €. Vendar je ena velika packarija vse skupaj, pa malo drago se mi zdi glede na to, da se hitro porablja,..ga imam samo za brčice, že to da spravim ven je cela umetnost.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Sem imela sladkorni vosek od ene druge znamke and I hated it with passion. Kera packarija, nič ne naredi, ne kupim nobenega več. Za te ki se strdijo pa poznam samo Nair, za druge še nisem slišala.

      Izbriši
    2. Ja packarija je pa res totalna...jaz sem vedno cela sladka, vse mi gre po rokah, po oblačilih, zadnjič se mi je še rep odpel in sm potočila v lase, potem ni bilo druge kot odstrižt en majhen delček.

      Izbriši
  3. Have you ever tried selfmade halawa? (It's not a no-strip wax though - I don't know if you bother) There are a bunch of recipes out there, I mostly found german ones for the hair removal product, but maybe that's the way my seach engine lists it for me..
    When I made a pot a few years ago I was really happy with it and it removed about 80+% of hair, way more than the store-bought wax products I had before. It was easy to wash off the spatula as it's sugar, and I still had the fabric strips of an old veet set, it was easy to wash out of those too to reuse them as well. The only reason I didn't keep using it is my general problem with ingrown hairs whenever I do something more than shaving.
    Maybe you'll give halawa a try, it doesn't take that long to make and is extremely cheap.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Is that the sugar-honey-lemon mix? Because I bought a pre-made version of this sugar wax and hated it. It's just too messy for me and it didn't even remove much :/ I have a review of it in one of the the New In posts and in the previous Empties

      Izbriši
    2. Sugar-lemon, yes. Ah, I looked it up, sad it didn't work for you. Maybe I wouldn't wanna mess around in the kitchen if I hated something similar before either.

      Izbriši
    3. I'd prefer something that hardens, but this sugary paste just gets worse the longer it's affected by body heat. It's just too sticky for clumsy old me :)

      Izbriši
  4. Še vedno me mika, da bi sprobala ta Balm Balm pa tud Balance Me :) &I need to hunt down that Maybelline concealer :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Balm Balm je itak mini pa dost okej cene, tako da se ga splača vzet za sprobat :)
      Še eBay je bolj skop s temi korektorji, pa poštnina stane toliko kot korektor. Res krasno :/

      Izbriši
  5. I love your empties. :D I so wanna try the Clarins toner.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Maybelline Instant Anti-Age the Eraser Eye majo v Avstriji polno. Go get it :))

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Great! Sem mislila, da jih tudi tam več ni, namreč enega od teh sem kupila v Gradcu. Samo ne vem kdaj bom šla kaj v Avstrijo spet :)

      Izbriši
  7. Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner sounds very interesting, will be checking it out. xo

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE