Makeup Revolution Iconic Pro Lipstick Propoganda

petek, julij 03, 2015


I swear it seems as if Makeup Revolution launches new products almost every week, so I sheepishly admit that these lipsticks eluded me or it's possible I actually saw them, but didn't realize they are new. There are 20 shades of these available in creamy as well as matte finish, and I got a classic red one called Propoganda. Whether the name is misspelled intentionally or by mistake, I wouldn't know.


Colour: Propoganda is a deep, cool toned red with a creamy-glossy finish that looks very glamorous. I wish it were matte instead of creamy, but at least it's very comfortable to wear. A shade called Propoganda Matte also exists.


Texture: The first few swipes were not at all impressive and let me believe this is some cheap semi-opaque lip colour like Essence's All you need is Red, but once the top layer was gone, it revealed an intense colour. It's a soft, moisturising lipstick that feels very comfortable on the lips even when it's wearing off. Due to the softness, it can move around a lot as well as it's very hard to apply it precisely, so I would advise a lip liner with it.


Staying power: The colour is intense which means that the staying power is better than at a creamy shade that is pale, though due to the creaminess, the glossy layer disappears soon and what's left is a very strong stain of colour that begins to fade. Sometimes it fades nicely and sometimes patchy, I haven't figured out why that is the case, but I'm in general I'm not too happy with how it wears.


Scent: It has a very intense fake vanilla scent - you know the one used in cheap room and car air fresheners. It reminds me of my uncle, who hasn't met a car air fresher that he didn't buy. Bless.

Packaging: A copy of a Mac's bullet/tampon tube (tell me I'm not the only one?), but made with cheaper plastic and a rose gold metal middle bit, which looks very chic indeed. The bottom also has a transparent part with the colour of the lipstick, which is very helpful.


Propoganda is a lovely creamy lipstick that many will appreciate as it's so comfortable to wear, however, when I comes to such deep shades, I personally much prefer matte formulas as they lasts longer and there is less danger of smudging. I guess my biggest issue with this lipstick would be how oddly it wears off sometimes - it just doesn't appeal to me. I have seen some gorgeous shades of this lipstick, particularly We Were Lovers caught my attention as Sara says it's a dupe for MAC's Viva Glam Miley lipstick. I'd like to try a matte shade from this range of lipsticks to how those perform.

Makeup Revolution has it's own online shop and these lipsticks cost £2.49.

Pro Iconic šminke lahko dobite na spletni strani Makeup Revolution Slovenija, kjer stanejo 4,95 €.

Have a great day!

*Lipstick was sent to me.

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. Lorealova ki je v primerjavi mi še vedno zmaga....ampak ti si prav en cukr z rdečimi šminkami <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Absolutno :) Blake je izjemna in jo vsakemu toplo priporočam.
      Hvala <3<3

      Izbriši
  2. Oh ja, nevarna formula - da se stopi (in pade iz tube). Ne vem, moti me nekaj pa nevem točno kaj...Made in China? Pa glede na to da imamo toliko kvalitetnih šmink (Mattador je zelo blizu)...:D Pomoje bi matte formula res bolj navdušila.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Ja, definitivno je ne bi vzela sabo poleti. Zame morajo biti ti živi in temni odtenki mat, ker drugače se vse razmaže. Pa še lepše mi izgledajo :)
      Mene isto - nekaj me moti, kot pri praktično vse MR stvareh. Saj so kul in inovativni (no ok, znajo prave stvari kopirat), ampak pri kvaliteti jim pa zmanjka.

      Izbriši
  3. Se strinjam glede mat finiša - temni odtenki so veliko bolj secure, pa tudi lepše izgledajo :) No meni je matte finish tako ali tako trenutno najljubši za vse - obraz, senčke in šminke :)
    Drugače ti pa čudovito pašejo rdeči odtenki :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Jaz imam tudi najraje mat finiše pri vsem, razen pri pudrih :)
      Hvala :D

      Izbriši
  4. Temni odtenki so res bolj varni v mat formulah in jaz jih tudi raje tako nosim. Čeprav lahkotnost takih šmink mi je drugače všeč. Meni je zelo všeč ta udobna formula za suhe ustnice, ampak bi raje imela še kak bolj nude odtenek :) Odtenek ti odlično pristaja. Rdeče ustnice te vedno naredijo pravljično :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Res je. Kremne žive in temne šminke se lahko tako hitro razpacajo, kaj šele kakšni glosi. Pa meni mat izgleda veliko lepše.
      Hvala <3

      Izbriši
  5. looks like mac packaging but gold does make it look nice and classy.
    Sad to know that it smells fake.

    www.getsetblush.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I really like the rose gold part, it's very modern :)
      I wouldn't mind the fake vanilla scent normally, but this one is so strong. I could smell it for at least an hour.

      Izbriši
  6. The packaging looks soo luxurious and pretty The lipstick looks gorgeous on you but I usually prefer my reds to be matte :)

    Dorky-and-weird.blogspot.com

    Xoxo Jessy

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you :) I completely agree about matte reds. L'Oreal's Blake is absolutely gorgeous :)

      Izbriši
  7. That shade is GORGEOUS on you! Really stunning. I'm curious about the matte version, although the way it wears and the scent kinda put me off. And I agree that the bullet looks like a black tampon ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you :) If the matte version is the same shade, then it must be lovely. The scent is super strong, though.

      Izbriši
  8. The shade is beautiful, I just love such cool-toned reds, both creamy and matte ones :) But L'Oreal's Blake is my favourite, I guess :) Of course I agree, MAC tubes definitely look like tampons :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Cool toned reds look so classy, while in the summer I prefer warm versions :) Yes, Blake is amazing!

      They totally look like them :D

      Izbriši
  9. Prvo kar mi je v oči padlo je njihovo pakiranje :) me tudi zelo spominja na Mac. Sama imam tudi raje matt finishe, ampak je pa fino, da imaš obe opciji finišev za vse barve šmink :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yup, direktna kopija Macove embalaže. Saj pravim, da so se MR specializirali v kopiranju, tako da ne vem od kje jim ime Revolution :D Mi je tudi več, da imajo na voljo oba finiša, čeprav bi jaz raje naredila dve linije za lažjo orientacijo kateri je kateri.

      Izbriši
  10. It looks lovely, but I wouldn't be able to deal with it moving around a lot! The L'oriel Blake lipstick may actually be something I will go and hunt down now, though. The colour looks amazing!

    www.katienotcasey.blogspot.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. At leasts it's not so soft as the new Revlon HD lipsticks, but I find that both formulas are prone to smudging in the summer when it comes to dark shades.
      You definitely need Blake :) It's spectacular! By far the best red lipstick I have and my collection includes four Mac ones.

      Izbriši
  11. Moja je v odtenku Duel, tudi lep rdče odtenek, ki mi za moje pojme ne paše (mam tudi namen objavo spisat), pa mi je res žal da je nisem v mat odtenku dobila. Rdeče mroajo biti vsaj pribliižno mat, da jih upam nositi za ven. Me pa minkajo vijolični odtenki :D Ti pa tale temnejša res paše <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Rdeče šminke z glossy finišem očitno res niso pretirano priljubljene. Je pa super, da imajo obe verziji istega odtenka :) Joj, vijola si pa jaz ne upam nosit, čeprav bom zdaj kmalu objavila od Essence svinčnik v odtenku Honey Berry, ki je kar lepa topla vijola.
      Hvala <3

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE