Avon True Colour Perfectly Matte Lipstick Ravishing Rose

ponedeljek, april 24, 2017


I'm all about matte lip colours, though preferably in liquid lipstick form, but I'm not picky. Avon's Matte lipsticks gained a lot of praise last year, so they ended up on my list to try and Petra being the great person she is, gifted me the shade I liked most for Christmas. The moment these touched my lips I realised the formula is incredibly similar to Milani's Matte which are some of my favourites. The colour range is pretty bright, so I'm missing more natural and medium rosy shades, but this shade Ravishing Rose is a dupe for Mac's All Fired up lipstick.


Texture: This has basically the same formula as Milani's, which means they feel somewhat silicone creamy, almost like a primer meets lipstick and the finish is nicely matte (one of the best for regular lipsticks for sure). It glides on the lips with ease, easier than Mac's matte lipstick and it doesn't catch on the patches. To me it's not drying, but almost nothing is ever drying to me, so I really can't say if these will be drying to some, but they are not moisturising and they get more matte in time. I find Mac's Fired Up less comfortable to wear than this one. 


Colour: Ravishing Rose is a pinky-red type of magenta shade. I've compared it to Mac's All Fired Up and they are almost exactly the same, right down to the finish.  Another dupe or at least a matching lip pencil I found is Kiko's 709 Magenta. Petra swatched all the shades here


Staying power: I can't say the staying power is outstanding, but it's decent (about 4+hours. Honestly I rarely look myself in the mirror throughout the day, so I can't be precise at describing these thing). I'm used to matte liquid lipsticks that tend to survive anything, so regular lipsticks are less impressive to me. One thing I have to warn you about these - they smudge. Once I wore this a couple of hours, then I needed to run some errands and was shocked when I checked myself in the mirror, because the lipstick was smudged and a more than a half was missing. And I didn't even eat a lot.

Scent: These have a pleasant fruity scent, sort of a candy version.


Packaging: The tube is rubberised making it similar to Nars', but that also means it collects dirt a lot. It has a clear window at the top which is very handy.

Price and availability: regular price is set at 8.50 €, but Avon often has good offers.

I like these, especially the finish because it reminds me so much of Milani's Moisturising Matte which I love. You get a great matte finish and pigmentation, but Avon should really think about adding more natural looking shades.

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. You really make me want to buy that shade even though I never wear anything other than nudes and reds xD

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It's a nice alternative to red :) Something more summery, but still fancy-looking :)

      Izbriši
  2. Odgovori
    1. The formula is really nice for a budget matte lipstick and I think it's better than Mac's, as it's less dry :)

      Izbriši
  3. This shade is really gorgeous on you :) My fav shade from this line is Pure pink (pinky-coraly nude) & on my lips looks almost as MAC please me... Also I know they are bringing few more shades for summer

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you <3 Yeah, I heard Pure Pink is similar to Please Me. That's one of the shades I wouldn't mind owning, though I have Please me and two of its dupes :) I didn't know they are adding new colours - I hope it's not more brights for the summers and they go in a different direction :)

      Izbriši
  4. It suits you beautifully :). I have Adoring Love and I'm very satisfied with this lipstick, but I also ordered a new shade (Rouged Perfection) from the catalogue, without trying the sample first (because they don't have it yet:)). Kristina

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you :) These have a great formula, especially for bright shades :) From the name I'm assuming Rouged Perfection is another red they're adding to the line?

      Izbriši
  5. Ne morem verjeti kako zelo izgleda odtenek podoben MACovemu :D. Sem pa vedela, da je to res tvoj odtenek. Se mi zdi, da ti te pinky reds tako zelo pašejo. Čeprav še mene ta odtenek mika zadnje čase. Pomlad in to.. :).

    Zdaj pa me mikajo te Milani. Sploh nek temno rjav odtenek si že dlje časa želim. Če praviš, da je formula podobna tej od Avona, potem bi bila tudi zame.

    V predogledu za nov Avonov katalog so predstavili tri nove odtenke. Sicer so vsi roza. Dva izgledata bolj pastelna - en umazan in tretji malo bolj živ. Niso pa tipično poletni odtenki. Prej bolj spomladanski.

    In hvala za omembo <3 :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Za moje pojme sta to praktično identična odtenka, s tem, da se Avonova lepše nanaša. Zdaj vem, da ti lahko priporočam kakšen Milanijev odtenek, ker formula je zelo podobna in če praviš, da ti Avonove niso suhe, potem ti tudi od Milanija verjetno ne bojo.

      Potem spet nič podobnega Nude-ist. Škoda.

      Pa hvala <3 Zadela si itak :)

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE