L'Oréal Rouge Signature Matte Liquid Lipstick 114 Represent

nedelja, avgust 04, 2019


I'm always happy to try a new matte liquid lipstick, as they are some of my favourite type of products, but this is a lip stain masquerading as a liquid lipstick. You'll like it if you want a semi-opaque colour, a stain looking effect and great staying power.


Formula: This is very different from most matte liquid lipstick, since it doesn't have that creamy full-coverage texture, instead it's more of a stain, meaning more of a liquid product with a semi-opaque pigmentation that is opaque with two coats. It is almost exactly the same as some discontinued Catrice liquid stain lipstick called Made to stay Smoothing Lip Polish. It's got a kind of a glossy finish from the start and in some time as its wearing off it becomes matte or better said it gets a "natural" lip texture.


Shade: I got shade 114 Represent which looks deceptively red in the tube, however, it's a bright fuchsia. It's also one of those shades that leave that magenta stain which persists for ages on the lips (Colourpop liquid lipsticks in various shades have it too) and it's very difficult to scrub off. I went to check their other shades and their pale mauve pink leaves the same tint. Personally I hate that tint, but some love it because it lasts ages.


Staying power: Once you apply this one the lips, you can't change your mind unless you're prepared to scrub it off with a lot of waterproof makeup remover and even then you'll be left with tinted bits of dry skin. It will last through everything, at least as a tint if not opaque. On the left on the picture bellow I've tried to remove the swatch with a micellar water and you can see how intense the stain is. It took two showers to get these lines off.

Attempt of removal only with micellar water. 

Scent: It's got a chemical sweet somewhat alcoholic scent.

Packaging: The tube is very nice with the matte finish and a heart shaped applicator. 


Price and availability: These cost 13.49 €. I've seen seven colours in Müller.

This is not my cup of tea, but I'm sure many will like it. I don't like that annoying hot pink that I can't get rid of for days, but it's the thing that makes this product one of the most long-lasting lipsticks. I don't find it drying, however, it's not a moisturising product. It's a light stain type of formula, so if your lips are dry, it might not be for you without the use of an extra lip balm over it. The shade selection didn't wow me, as they are quite bright shades, but if they had this is a nice pale colour without the magenta tint, I might consider getting an extra shade as I enjoy the natural texture it gets after a while.

Have a great day!

*PR product.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE