Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara Waterproof

petek, september 27, 2019


I've tried two other Lash Princess mascaras: the original, which created an amazing amount of volume, but was too wet, so it dropped my lashes like a stone and the False Lash Effect version, which is again a great volumising mascara, but this one also manages to hold the lashes up a bit. I'm a big fan of I <3 Extreme waterproof mascara and Essence has long been my source of affordable waterproof mascaras that can hold up my lashes, so I was glad to see they released the waterproof version of Lash Princess and I hoped it creates the same amount of volume as the regular one.


Brush: False Lash Effect waterproof is the same as the regular version, so it features the same thin conical shaped brush which I actually didn't like at the regular version, nor am I a big fan of it here. It's not a defining blush, but at least it doesn't clump up the lashes or create a spidery effect, it just created a somewhat dishevelled, messy lash look (my lashes are in general like that due to being stuck behind the glasses, but mascaras tend to put them into place). I liked the curved brush from the original Lash Princess and it's a shame they didn't decide to make that version waterproof. 


Formula: Volume is not quite as impressive as at regular Lash Princess, this is due to the drier formula, but it's still more than at a lot of mascaras As is usual for Essence it's very black. I get no smudging with this one, but an occasional flake can appear. It's also hard to remove as you might expect, it's more stubborn than I <3 Extremes and requires an waterproof makeup oily remover.

In terms of holding a curl, I'm not as happy with it as with I<3 Extremes. While it's a drier formula than the regular version, it's not as fast drying as I <3 Extremes. This means it doesn't hold the lashes as nicely curled as that one. I've had it for a few months now and I keep waiting for it to dry a bit and become the same type of formula as I <3 Extremes, but it hasn't happened.


Price and availability: It costs 3.59 € and is available in drugstores. 


While this is another great volumising mascara that creates big lashes, it doesn't beat I <3 Extreme for me. I don't like the brush as much and the formula should be a bit dryer, though I'm not saying it drops the lashes, it just doesn't hold them as tightly curled as I expected. It's harder to remove than I <3 Extreme so that another plus for the latter and the reason I'll keep repurchasing that one.

Have a great day! 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Haven't used it in years! It's such a good Mascara

    Candice

    natalyaamour.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'm sure you're thinking of another version, as this one was released only this year :) I've used the older regular version and it's a great volumising formula.

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE