Milani Bold Color Statement Matte Lipstick

sobota, februar 19, 2022


I own two Colour Statement matte lipsticks, which are in a gold packaging that I got years ago and I featured them in several favourites posts in the past (now I stopped using since they are quite old). The launch of these Bold ones passed me by and I had no idea this line exists too. I don't think I see much of a difference between the two formulas, which means both are great.


Formula and finish: My Color Statement Matte lipsticks are old, so they are drier now, but if I remember correctly when they were new, these two formulas are very similar. It's a formula that despite being matte glides easily on the lips, feels light and isn't immediately dry. At the time I tried Color Statement the first time this type of formula was really something new to me, but by now most matte lipsticks are like that or better. It has a nice velvety finish, so the type that's common at classic lipsticks that are described as matte and not the full on matte one like liquid lipsticks have. Pigmentation is good and one swipe is full opaque. It looks smooth on the lips and doesn't feel dry to me. 


Shade: 01 I am Fabulous is a medium rosy-mauve shade that looks quite deep for my taste when I apply it in a "normal" amount, so I prefer to apply this on one lip and press my lips together for a nice natural rosy lip look. There are 17 shades and here we have 6.


Packaging: I like Colour Statement original gold packaging despite that it's plastic, but this black one looks nothing special. But it serves its purpose and has a clear window at the top.


Milani is sold in DM, where this lipsticks costs 11,99 €. For international readers Milani's website ships internationally, as does Beauty Bay I believe. 


It's a nice high quality lipstick for those that love a matte finish, but competition is strong and by now such a formula doesn't really stand out. It's worth it if you like a particular shade. 

Have a great day!

*PR product

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE