Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation + Concealer 00A Porcelain

nedelja, februar 13, 2022


There already is an old review for this foundation on this blog, but it's for the original "lightest" shade 01 Creamy Vanilla that I got years ago and I fell in love with the formula, but that shade is so dark and yellow. Milani then expanded their shade range a couple of times (at least) and in one of their releases they added 00A, which I got online without testing it and luckily it suits me perfectly. I've had the draft for this review for years, so the pictures are old and I actually don't use this foundation currently because the pump on mine broke and I haven't bought a new bottle yet, but since I've just posted about the concealer with the same name and we got this brand here in some Slovene DMs, here is the review with the shade that fits me. I used to consider it my favourite higher coverage foundation and maybe I still do, but my formula went off after the pump broke, so my last uses weren't as nice and I likely forgot how good it was (now my favourite medium-high coverage foundation is It Cosmetics CC, but it's because my skin is drier).


Texture: Formula of this thick, so it's cream foundation rather that proper liquid. It's best to apply it in sections, but it doesn't dry so quickly that you'd need to work very fast. I've tried applying it with fingers, oval brush and a sponge, and it works fine with all of those, but with fingers I got the best result. 


Coverage and finish: It's a medium-full coverage foundation with a satin finish. It evens out my skin, covers redness and some freckles well, but the darker ones are still visible. On most days it didn't emphasize pores and I never experienced it catching any of my patches, but one thing that noticed since I made the original review is that it doesn't hold back oils, so those with oily skin will need a mattifying powder over it. The concealer Conceal + Perfect has more coverage than this foundation, but it's more matte.

Shade: 00A is a very light hue with a pinky undertone, but it's quite a neutral shade, which is why it fits me so well - Milani describes it as warm neutral, but I've always seen it as slightly pink or maybe more peachy. Compared to the dark and very yellow original lightest shade 01 Creamy Vanilla is a massive improvement. I believe 00B is a yellow version of this depth and 00AA, which they added latter, is pink. There are some shades that might be lighter called 0A1, 0A2 and 0A3, but I haven't seen any swatches (they are sold here, but not in my local DM). Milani's website has 44 colours. 


Staying power: I praised the staying power in the original review and I still agree. This lasts well on the skin and wears off nicely. Finding a medium coverage foundation that doesn't look awful on my skin when it's wearing off doesn't happen to me every day.

Packaging: is glass with a pump. When I had about a half left, the pump just stopped working. I've never taken it apart to see what exactly failed, instead I just unscrewed it every time I wanted to use it and it, of course, went off. I still resent that because it's not that cheap. 


Price and availability: It's 16,99 € in DM, which is 4 € more expensive than when I bought mine online from a shop that doesn't carry Milani anymore. I'd buy it if it were the same price, but now I'd just feel cheated paying that much more, despite the fact it's really good. 

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE