BENEFIT Powder Blushers Dandelion, Shellie & Willa

četrtek, januar 12, 2023


A while ago Benefit discontinued most of their blushes and launched new shades that were collectively called Wanderful World blushes on Cult Beauty when I bought them, but now they are all featured individually in online shops, just like the old ones were. They are still in Benefit's typical square cardboard packaging and each colour has its own design, but I noticed you get 2 grams less now, as my Coralista has 8 g and the new ones have 6 g (2.5 g if you get a mini). Some may be very bothered by that, but I've never used up a blush in my life, so I don't mind, though the price should be lower, but we all know that's never happening. The minis are already quite big as far as I'm concerned and they are completely sufficient to me. Sadly they don't offer all the shades in a mini size, which is a shame (Willa so far isn't available in a small size). I bought Shellie and Willa first and then after I was so impressed by the quality, I ordered Dandelion too. The latter is the only "survivor" of the old line up of blushes, though Shellie is very similar to Coralista.


Dandelion and the other two are different in terms of pigmentation, as the new shades Shellie and Willa vastly outperform Dandelion in that respect. The latter is, granted, much paler, but while I only need a gentle swirl with a fluffy brush to get enough product for my pale skin at Willa and Shellie, I need several layers of Dandelion to show well on my cheeks. Formula is smooth and blends well at all shades I own.

SHELLIE

Shellie is very similar to Coralista on my cheeks, a coral that on me leans more to orange than I want, but it's still a peachy-pink shade that brightens up the face. I wear this shade the most out of three, though I wish it were a touch pinker. 


WILLA 

Willa is a bit of a deceptive shade on me, as the colour I see in the packaging is not what I get on my cheeks. On me it's a warm pink, almost leaning to a muted peach shade. It's not what I expected and I wish it were a cooler muted pink on me, though I wear it often regardless. I ended up with two of these because the first came completely smashed in the post (Cult Beauty quickly sent a replacement with no fuss). I ended up fixing the first broken one with vodka (I had nothing else) and it completely changed the colour of it into deep pink and it's much pinker on my cheeks than the other undamaged one. Odd, but both are good in terms of pigmentation and staying power, they are just a different shade now.

This is over Colourpop Tinted Moisturizer, which doesn't do my skin texture any favours and it's not the blushes fault it looks like it emphasizes pores. On the picture for Shellie I used Too Faced Born this Way foundation. 

DANDELION

Dandelion is a much paler shade than the other two and unless you really build it up, it doesn't look as baby pink on the cheeks as in the packaging. In a smaller amount it doesn't overpower your natural skin tone and it can look more peachy pink on me. 


All three last well on my cheeks, though that depends also on the base I'm using. 

Packaging is cardboard and bulky - these take a lot of space in the drawers, even the small ones. Only the full sizes have an added small mirror.


I'm a fan of these and you get what you pay for. Pigmentation is great, they blend well and last on my cheeks. I'd like more shades of these, minis, but those shades I'm interested in don't come in small sizes. Maybe they change that one day. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE