March Favourites

ponedeljek, marec 31, 2014

 NARS blush Deep Throat
When it comes to Nars blushes, there are two colours that are probably most popular, one being Orgasm and the second Deep Throat (try not to chuckle at the names). I've had both for ages and though they are both peachy-pink shades, Orgasm looks darker in the pan, while on the cheeks Deep Throat is the one with stronger pigmentation and is less shimmery. It's a very flattering shade on so many different skin tones. I love it on super pale skin and this is the blush I use on other people most often (this looks so cute on someone that wears Healthy Mix 52-53 (NC20-25) - a peachy-baby pink).

I've never been much of an eyeshadow wearer, but I'm striving to use them more. Patina is a very old favourite of mine. It's a neutral shade that I believe is very popular, but when it comes to describing the colour you realize how difficult it is. It's somewhere along the lines of a light antiqued gold that has this cool taupe tones in it. I know, complicated, but what's important is how great it looks as an all over wash on the lids. It's not particularly pigmented and it takes a bit of effort to get it properly build up even on my Snow White complexion, so it's not the eyeshadow you'd slap on in a hurry, but the final look is so pretty.

I loved this in combination with Patina. It's a dark warm chocolate brown, similar to L'Oreal's Infallible Endless Chocolat, but less shimmery. It's a another lovely shade for those who like neutrals. 

I'm more of a Naked Basic kind of girl, but I've dusted off the queen of neutral palettes and vowed to used it more. My favourite combinations are Sin all over the lid with Naked and Buck in the crease and for a more smoky look I like Smog all over the lid with Darkhorse in the corner. 

I'm not the one to wear a bright, fuchsia shade on my lips as I find them too cool for my skintone, but I really like this shade on me. The formula is a pleasant surprise - it like a very pigmented lip gloss-lip stain hybrid which just from definition I should dislike, but in this product it just works so well.

This has one of the most perfect matte finishes ever. The formula is hard to work with due to a strange mousse-like texture, but the final result is amazing. The colour is such a beauty and it's the prettiest deep red ever. Just to give you an indication of how great the staying power is I should tell you that people were really surprised when I came home from a diner at a restaurant with my lip colour almost intact. 
My hair is drier at the moment due to a product I've been testing (you'll learn more about it in an upcoming review) and this oil has been saving the current situation. It's a multi-purpose dry oil with stunning gold shimmer that can be used on the body or hair. It's light enough that is doesn't weigh down my thick hair, but still moisturisers it well, helps the dryness and tames it. It also gives this wonderful shine to the hair because of the shimmer. Used in the body, it's quite a stunning highlighter that even gives a very subtle tan to my ghostly pale skin. 

Just a classic medium red that I've been enjoying wearing this month. A colour you can't go wrong with.

I'm ashamed to admit that since I bought it over a year ago, I only wore it once, which is ridiculous because that's one of the prettiest pink nail polishes I own. It's bright pink that has the tiniest hint of coral in it, so it's a nice warm shade that goes well with my skintone.
Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Sami super favoriti! :D Naked je itak top paletka in ne glede na to koliko novih palet kupim, jo še vedno z veseljem uporabljam. :)

    A tole olje od Nuxa ima kakšno razpršilo ali ga moraš 'zlit' v roke in nato nanesti na lase/kožo?

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Nuxe olje je tako kot "navadno" - 50 ml je v flaški samo z luknjo, kar je annoying, 100 ml je pa z razpršilom, ki je super :)

      Izbriši
  2. Naked mam jaz MUA foro in ne glede na to, da imam res ogromno paletk in senčil skoraj vedno uporabljam samo to. Mi je kar škoda druge kupovat, ker vem da bom samo sprobala in potem mi bodo stale tam v kotu.
    Pa Nuxe olje je res super in Essence pinki lakec je prav pomladen :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. MUA nisem nikoli sprobala, bi pa imela Undress Me too. Jaz največ uporabljam Naked Basic :)

      Izbriši
  3. Deep Throat je tudi meni eden ljubših blushov. Vendar opažam, da zadnje čase največ posegam po Sin-u. Mi je tako vsestranski, se mi zdi da paše na čisto vsak MU. BTW - a ti tudi ličiš? Sklepam iz tega, ko si napisala "this is the blush I use on other people most often".

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Sin še nisem sprobala :)
      Za maturanca sem jih že par, pa če katera pride na obisk me ponavadi prosijo, drugače pa ne :)

      Izbriši
  4. jeej, komaj sem čakala tale post. :P
    same super favorite maš. :)
    najbolj sta mi všeč MAC senčki (upam, da bom imela kdaj možnost sprobat njihovo kozmetiko), oba lakeca (res wau barvi, taki živi, za pomlad), Catrice lip polish (točno tale pinky odtenek 'rabim'.:P) in Borjouis matte lipstick me fuuuul mika,samo v eni bolj nude barvi..ah, ko ne bi imela že toliko šmink.. :(

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Če si boš vzela kdaj en dan za izlet v Gradec (je prekrasno mesto) tam imaš Mac za sprobat :)

      Izbriši
    2. kje v Grazu pa majo njihovo trgovino? samo v mestu? vbistvu grem v kratkem res v Graz (malo šoping :) ) in bi mogoče res šla pokukat, čeprav je meni še najbolj visoka cena problem. :/ pa v preteklosti sem bla s starši kar veliko v Grazu, samo še takrat nisem bla tak zelo zainteresirana za kozmetiko. :) še mi mogoče kaj drugega priporočaš, kaj je vredno iti pogledat/kupit tam od kozmetike in ostalih beauty izdelkov, da se recimo ne dobijo prinas? :)

      Izbriši
    3. Prodajajo v drogeriji Marionaud v centru. Tukaj imaš objavo v slovenščini z vsemi navodili kako priti do tam:
      http://matejasbeautyblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/kje-lahko-slovenci-dobimo-mac-kozmetiko.html
      Cene so pa na žalost zelo visoke.
      V Avstriji imajo v DM-ih in Müllerjih večinoma iste znamke kot pri nas samo večjo izbiro. Splača se vzet Maybellinov korektor The Eraser, pa če naletiš na Rimmel njihove Kate matte šminke in verjetno še kaj pa se trenutno ne spomnim :)

      Izbriši
  5. Sem si kupila Bourjois Velvet šminko v pink odtenku in sem navdušena. Pigmentacija res ni najboljša, ampak ko se posuši, izgleda izjemno, zadnje čase sem čisto nora na mat finiš (tako pri šminkah kot senčilih), všeč mi je pa tudi, da mi sploh ne izsušuje ustnic. Dejansko sem pričakovala, da ko se bo posušil mat, bom imela občutek suhih ustnic, ampak ta se pojavi šele po kakih dveh urah, tako da sem navdušena. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Ah tile Nars blushi so že 100 let na moji WL, pa sploh ne morem verjet da še nisem sprobala te Bourjois Velvet, čeprav ga imam že menda dva tedna doma. Ups :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I want the naked pallete so much, its just so pretty and amazing!
    Check out my month's favorites; http://yayalicemay.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/march-favourites.html

    Alice May xx

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE