Catrice Chocolate Nudes Eyeshadow Palette

sreda, avgust 26, 2015


When I first saw the preview for the new things that were launching in autumn, this was the thing I was most excited about. I've been craving a nice chocolate palette for a while and have both I <3 Makeup Naked Chocolate and Too Faced Chocolate Palette on my wishlist, but never got round to buying them. I'm a fan of these Catrice palettes and including this one, I currently have four, however, as absolutely gorgeous as the shades in this palette are, in terms of quality this disappointed me. It's of course not a total fail, but it's not what I'm used to when it comes to Catrice. 


I love the selection of shades - it's a half-half mix of matte and shimmery colours and it contains all the colours you need, from a matte skin tone base to a deep shade for outer corners. Surprisingly for Catrice, this time it's the matte shades that lack in pigmentation and quality, especially the third shade just isn't what I'm used to when it comes Catrice's eyeshadows.


First shade is a shimmery light champagne gold that I tend to use as an inner corner highlighter, but it looks lovely on the lid as well. This is one of the better performing ones as it's nicely pigmented. Second shade is a matte yellow-beige skin tone colour that serves as a base colour. It's more on the chalky side, but since it's a light base colour, this doesn't matter so much. But the next colour is very disappointing. It's dry, chalky and very difficult to build up as well as make it look even and blend. Otherwise the shade colour is lovely -  a matte, medium brown, but how this passed the tests to be included in this palette, eludes me. Shade four is a shimmery version of the previous medium brown shade and it's much, much better in terms of quality. Fifth shade is a gorgeous coppery-bronze shade that was just made to make blue eyes pop. It's the most buttery shade in the palette and it reminds me of some shimmery shades in the Makeup Revolution palettes. It still needs a lot of building up the colour, but I love the final effect. The last shade is a warm deep brown with a matte finish and it's the best matte colour in the palette, however, it still leaves something to be desired. For one I wish it were darker because now it doesn't add enough depth to the outer corners.


These perform better with a primer, but still several layers are needed for a decent look. The eyeshadow that you see on my look is that coppery one, even though I used all shades in the palette. the outer corners just can't be deepened enough with that last shade, so it all looks more like one eyeshadow. Staying power on the other hand, isn't' bad and these also don't crease on me. 


I expected so much more. Compared to other such palettes from Catrice, this just is not the same quality. I absolutely love the colours, so I'm gutted that the pigmentation isn't the best and I'm planning on getting a similar palette from a different brand. Absolute Matte is still my number one recommendation, closely followed by Absolute Nude. Absolute Rose lacks variety, but it's a lovely palette nonetheless. 


I got my palette in Tuš Drogerija for 5.29 €

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Škoda res, da niso vsi odtenki enako dobro pigmentirani, kljub temu me mika da bi jo vseeno poskusila, ker je enostavno tako čokoladna :P Drugače pa čudovite slike, look ter super ocena, kot vedno ;) Tole Rose paletko pa imam tudi nekaj časa že med željami pa se nekako nikoli ne odločim zanjo..nekdo mi je rekel da ni tako dobro pigmentirana potem sem pa kar malo pozabila nanjo, no mogoče se vseeno odločim za eno izmed teh dveh :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Če jo boš vzela, jo uporabljaj s primerjem, pa pripravi se na to, da bo malo dlje trajalo, da naneseš mejkap. Tista bakreno-bronasta senčka je čudovita in se to paletko mogoče splača že samo zaradi nje vzet, ampak kvaliteta cele paletke pa res ni najboljša.

      Rose je dobra kar se tiče pigmentiranosti, ampak sta pa dva para senčil praktično enaka na vekah. Ni pa to nič kaj takega, da bi rekla, da se je ne splača vzet.

      Pa hvala :)

      Izbriši
  2. Meni sicer izgleda mamljivo, ampak mislim, da ne potrebujem še ene paletke v nevtralnih rjavih odtenkih :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Itak je tvoja od Zoeve veliko bolj kvalitetna :)

      Izbriši
  3. Great post! I wonder why you always go for brown shades and not other bold colors?


    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you :) Oh, I'm a true neutral girl at heart :D I don't wear bright colours and purples don't really suit me because they make me look bruised. Plus my eye shape is so annoying for makeup application, so I stick to neutral browns and taupes :)

      Izbriši
  4. The pallet looks awesome. I'm totally in love with natural shades <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It looks gorgeous, but the quality just isn't there :/

      Izbriši
  5. Se pravi, da je ne potrebujem, sploh glede na to, da sem nora na barve. Sicer mi je lepa, tako toplo mi deluje in če bi jo ti pohvalila, bi jo zagotovo vzela, tako pa nič ne bo.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Ne, itak da je ne rabiš. Barve v njej so prekrasne, ampak kvaliteta je pa švoh. Škoda :/

      Izbriši
  6. Hvala za tole, 5€ prihranjenih ;) Škoda, da ni bolje pigmentirana, mi je res bila všeč! Sploh, ker so mi prejšnje štiri top! Ah ja, vse pač ne more biti top ;)
    Xoxo,Nyx

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Res si želim, da bi bila boljša, ker barve so tako lepe :). Ne vem zakaj ni kvaliteta te ista kot pri prejšnjih, mi je prav čudno :/

      Izbriši
  7. Omg so many pretty palettes!!! :o I've heard so many good things about these! I definitely have to check them out! :)

    Dorky-and-weird.blogspot.com

    Xoxo Jessy

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. It looks really great :D

    face0nfleekjr@gmail.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. I read your review over and over again before buying this one but I agree with your opinion and disagree at the same time ^.^ the pigmentation of some shades really is less strong than I would expect it to be, nonetheless I really like the looks that I can create with this palette DUE to the weak pigmentation of these colors. I really have light skin and very often, even the lightest transition shade in most eyeshadow palettes is too dark for my liking. So I'm praising these catrice palettes as the perfect picks for pale girls like me ^.^ I just don't need to build up the colours as much as you do to get the same results :)

    P.S. I will try and recreate your pretty eyemakeup in this blog post!! Right away

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Exclusive and interesting blog post.. thanks for sharing with us . Keep updating your blog .

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. I think the things you covered through the post are quiet impressive, good job and great efforts. I found it very interesting and enjoyed reading all of it...keep it up, lovely job..

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE